|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
(a) Uncle of Elizabeth Edwards.
(b) Son of the Illinois governor.
(c) Josh Speed's stepbrother.
(d) A merchant passing through New Salem.
2. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
(a) A riverboat on the mighty Mississippi.
(b) A log cabin in the woods of Missouri.
(c) A tavern in Springfield.
(d) A cabin near New Salem, Illionois, which belongs to Lincoln's teacher.
3. What is the essential element Lincoln's party is seeking in a presidential candidate when they ask him to run?
(a) A willingness to raise taxes.
(b) A strong military policy.
(c) The ability to get elected.
(d) An anti-slavery attitude.
4. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
5. What distinction does Lincoln draw between the slaves and downtrodden workers in the North?
(a) The workers have the right to strike, slaves do not.
(b) The slaves can run away, the workers cannot.
(c) The workers live with harsh winters, the slaves do not.
(d) Slaves live on plantations, workers live in cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
2. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
4. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
5. Where has Lincoln been, just before he arrives at the Edwards' home in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)