|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Todd describe Lincoln's behavior and absence over the previous two years?
(c) A severe illness.
(d) A psychotic break.
2. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
(b) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
(c) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
(d) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
3. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Ninian Edwards.
(b) Whoopi Goldberg.
(c) Elizabeth Edwards.
(d) Bowling Green.
4. What has Lincoln been doing since breaking his engagement to Mary Todd?
(a) Teaching down in Kentucky and Indiana.
(b) Just drifting, down around Kentucky and Indiana.
(c) Studying to become a missionary preacher.
(d) Practicing law and building a fortune.
5. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(b) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
(c) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
(d) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinction does Lincoln draw between the slaves and downtrodden workers in the North?
2. What has Mary Todd been doing while Lincoln entertains his guests?
3. Why does Mary agree to the public humiliation of taking Lincoln back after two years?
4. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
5. What are Mary's first words to Abe when he arrives after a two-year absence?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)