|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
(a) He thinks a good night's sleep will work wonders.
(b) He prescribes anti-depressants.
(c) He suggests a lobotomy.
(d) He suggests Lincoln see a doctor.
2. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
(a) He knows if he had prayed day and night, Ann would have lived.
(b) He becomes an atheist.
(c) He accepts that "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
(d) He can't pray to a God that needlessly allowed Ann to die.
3. What is Mary Todd's mood when she finds out--at the last minute--that important men are coming to talk to her husband?
4. How does Mary Todd describe her part in the break-up of the engagement to Lincoln?
(a) She admits her love was based on financial greed.
(b) She acknowledges pushing him too hard to fulfill her ambitions.
(c) She agrees her incessant chatter drove Lincoln crazy.
(d) She knows her lack of confidence in his ability made him sad.
5. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(b) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
(c) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(d) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, Lincoln mentions a woman "foxing" his pants--what does that mean?
2. What does Lincoln do at the end of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. How does Mary Todd characterize the life her sister and brother-in-law have chosen?
4. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)