|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Josh Speed.
(d) Seth Gale.
2. How does Mary Todd accept Lincoln's proposal at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) She clutches him tightly, declares her undying love and begins sobbing.
(b) She appears to hesitate, keeping him wondering for a moment if she will accept.
(c) She bursts into tears and says she must marry him because he has ruined her reputation.
(d) She dances happily into his arms and pulls his beard while saying yes.
3. What is Mary Todd's mood when she finds out--at the last minute--that important men are coming to talk to her husband?
4. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(b) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
(c) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
(d) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
5. What last ditch effort does Mary Todd's sister make to prevent a proposal from Lincoln toward the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She spills a pot of hot tea on Lincoln's lap.
(b) She begins yelling at her sister, causing Ninian to slap her and drag her from the room.
(c) She produces a fan and uses it to flirt with Lincoln, to show he wouldn't be a faithful husband.
(d) She begs Mary to put the children to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
2. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
3. Why is Ann's death such a setback to Lincoln?
4. Lincoln tells Josh Speed to give his letter for Mary Todd to Herndon to deliver. How does Josh respond?
5. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)