|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lincoln's attitude about people before he meets Ann Rutledge?
(a) All people are to a degree insane, but that shouldn't stop one from getting close to them.
(b) Getting close to others is the best antidote in the world to loneliness.
(c) The best thing is to take a vow of silence in order not to be bothered by fools.
(d) It's best not to get too close to people; they see the insanity behind the surface.
2. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
(a) A log cabin in the woods of Missouri.
(b) A riverboat on the mighty Mississippi.
(c) A cabin near New Salem, Illionois, which belongs to Lincoln's teacher.
(d) A tavern in Springfield.
3. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
(a) He cheats at cards.
(b) He drinks too much and too often.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He kills compulsively.
4. In the debate, Lincoln accuses Douglas of pandering to both sides of the slavery issue. What does he mean?
(a) Telling the South he's for slavery and the North that it shouldn't be allowed to spread.
(b) Offering a trip to China to see the giant Pandas if a compromise is reached.
(c) Refusing to take a stand either for or against slavery.
(d) Breathing heavily whenever the issue becomes heated.
5. What does Lincoln do with his notes before he begins speaking in the debate with Douglas?
(a) Puts them on the podium.
(b) Rips them to pieces.
(c) Sticks them under his chair.
(d) Puts them in his hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
2. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
3. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
5. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)