|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) John Glenn.
2. Why does Lincoln return to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He has been kicked out of Springfiled for being drunk in public.
(b) The Greens have asked him to mediate in their divorce.
(c) Ann Rutledge is sick.
(d) Seth Gale summoned him with a letter.
3. After 18 years of marriage to Lincoln, what is it that Mary Todd is bitter about?
(a) Lincoln habitually puts his muddy boots on expensive furnishings.
(b) Lincoln spends too much time reading and not enough attention to her.
(c) Lincoln chain smokes all over the house.
(d) Lincoln still isn't politically ambitious enough to suit her.
4. How does Mary Todd accept Lincoln's proposal at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) She bursts into tears and says she must marry him because he has ruined her reputation.
(b) She appears to hesitate, keeping him wondering for a moment if she will accept.
(c) She dances happily into his arms and pulls his beard while saying yes.
(d) She clutches him tightly, declares her undying love and begins sobbing.
5. What is the wedding gift Ninian has brought Abe?
(a) A stovepipe hat that will become Lincon's signature.
(b) A slave.
(c) A silver box of fine cigars.
(d) A fine, silver-headed cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
3. Billy Herndon, Lincoln's law clerk, arrives in Act 2, Scene 6. What is his condition?
4. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
5. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)