|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Harrison Ford.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. Who does Ninian Edwards believe might be instigating the prospect of marriage between Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(b) Mary Todd.
(c) Elizabeth Edwards' father.
(d) Judge Bowling Green.
3. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
(a) The scene ends with a prayer spoken by Nancy Green.
(b) The scene ends with only a beam of light from Abe's attic illuminating the stage.
(c) The scene concludes with Lincoln on his knees in the attic, sobbing.
(d) The scene ends when Lincoln stumbles offstage, leaving his friends worried about his fate.
4. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(b) By declaring his love for her.
(c) By asking her to dance on the bar.
(d) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
5. Why is Mary Todd so sure that Lincoln will be a success, and not stop to tell jokes, as her sister predicts?
(a) Because she is strong enough to make sure he moves along the road of success without stopping.
(b) Because she knows that Lincoln is not very good at telling jokes and has a strong streak of ambition.
(c) She doesn't care if he's a success; she has a huge inheritance that will support them both.
(d) Because Lincoln has confided his dream of becoming a successful merchant and moving to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Todd's reaction to word of Lincoln's arrival at her home In Act 2, Scene 8?
2. The influential men visiting Lincoln ask about his views on which two topics?
3. Seth Gale tells Abe he's feeling "pretty scared" about his son's health. What does Lincoln tell him?
4. What is Lincoln's attitude about people before he meets Ann Rutledge?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, Lincoln mentions a woman "foxing" his pants--what does that mean?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)