|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Armstrong tell Seth Gale about Lincoln while they wait for Lincoln's arrival in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Lincoln has "come up in town and thinks too much of himself."
(b) Lincoln "ain't the same since he married Mary Todd."
(c) Lincoln "is his same comical old self."
(d) Lincoln has "slipped down and ain't much like his comical self."
2. What university does Lincoln's oldest son attend?
(d) University of Illinois.
3. What last ditch effort does Mary Todd's sister make to prevent a proposal from Lincoln toward the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She spills a pot of hot tea on Lincoln's lap.
(b) She produces a fan and uses it to flirt with Lincoln, to show he wouldn't be a faithful husband.
(c) She begs Mary to put the children to bed.
(d) She begins yelling at her sister, causing Ninian to slap her and drag her from the room.
4. What promise does Mary Todd extract from Lincoln before agreeing to marry him?
(a) He will submit to a thorough psychiatric evaluation.
(b) He will never again falter or run away from her.
(c) He vows to work day and night to become President for her.
(d) He promises to take her advice in every situation.
5. How does Lincoln describe Douglas' verbal skills?
(a) He keeps 10 daggers flashing in the air.
(b) He uses smoke and mirrors.
(c) He slings arrows like Zeus.
(d) He juggles bullets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion does Elizabeth Edwards have of Abe Lincoln?
2. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)