|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Todd describe Lincoln's behavior and absence over the previous two years?
(c) A psychotic break.
(d) A severe illness.
2. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Harrison Ford.
(c) Martin Van Buren.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) Taking over the family farm from his sick father.
(b) Asking Ann Rutledge to consider him as a suitor.
(c) Asking town officials for a raise in his wages as postmaster.
(d) Running down to the town picnic for a piece of pie.
4. What has Lincoln been doing since breaking his engagement to Mary Todd?
(a) Just drifting, down around Kentucky and Indiana.
(b) Practicing law and building a fortune.
(c) Studying to become a missionary preacher.
(d) Teaching down in Kentucky and Indiana.
5. Who is Ninian Edwards?
(a) Uncle of Elizabeth Edwards.
(b) Son of the Illinois governor.
(c) Josh Speed's stepbrother.
(d) A merchant passing through New Salem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, Lincoln mentions a woman "foxing" his pants--what does that mean?
2. What does Mary Todd tell her brother-in-law when he asks why she has chosen him as a husband?
3. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
5. Who is Elizabeth Edwards?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)