|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) The Fourth of July.
2. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 10, Lincoln is sitting in his parlor with his sons. How many did he have?
3. What opinion does Elizabeth Edwards have of Abe Lincoln?
(a) She calls him elegant, cultivated and likely to be rich some day soon.
(b) Compared to other men, he would be at the top of her list of potential husbands.
(c) She says he has a simple soul and is a most amiable creature, but not suitable as a husband.
(d) She thinks he's divinely good-looking, but shiftless.
4. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
(a) Indicative, Imperative, Potential, Subjunctive and Infinitive.
(b) Commanding, Questioning, Doubting, Inferior and Decisive.
(c) Meditative, Imperial, Possible, Subjective and Infinite.
(d) Sad, Glad, Mad, Grumpy and Giddy.
5. What is it about the Gale family's plans that seems most important to Lincoln?
(a) The success they've achieved with the dry-cleaning business.
(b) Their big dreams for their son's future.
(c) The care they have for the nation and the possiblity they will abandon America if slavery spreads.
(d) The relationship they've developed with Gobey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
2. Seth Gale tells Abe he's feeling "pretty scared" about his son's health. What does Lincoln tell him?
3. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
4. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
5. At the end of Scene 2, Act 8, what is Lincoln's response to Mary's actions?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)