|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
(a) Sad, Glad, Mad, Grumpy and Giddy.
(b) Commanding, Questioning, Doubting, Inferior and Decisive.
(c) Meditative, Imperial, Possible, Subjective and Infinite.
(d) Indicative, Imperative, Potential, Subjunctive and Infinitive.
2. One of Lincoln's clients can't pay her bill; why does Lincoln think she is right not to pay?
(a) He believes she is going to inherit a lot of money, so he can wait for payment.
(b) Lincoln defended her husband unsuccessfully and he was hanged.
(c) Lincoln took a horse from her late husband in payment.
(d) She is a poor widow and Lincoln doesn't take money from widows.
3. Does Lincoln agree, in Act 2, Scene 6, with Josh's suggestion about his mental health?
(a) No, he believes he has good reasons for his decision.
(b) Yes, he says he's at the end of his rope and must have release from the wedding.
(c) Yes, he knows he is losing his mind--that's why he wants to run away.
(d) He isn't sure, but he admits having hallucinations.
4. What distinction does Lincoln draw between the slaves and downtrodden workers in the North?
(a) The slaves can run away, the workers cannot.
(b) The workers live with harsh winters, the slaves do not.
(c) Slaves live on plantations, workers live in cities.
(d) The workers have the right to strike, slaves do not.
5. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
(a) He is angry because he thinks the idea is a bad joke.
(b) He weeps because his friends think so highly of him.
(c) He's excited and jumps at the chance.
(d) He thinks it's a comical notion and not a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
2. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
3. What do Josh Speed and Bowling Green think might be the result, if slavery spreads further across the South?
4. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
5. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)