|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Ben Mattling.
(b) Ann Rutledge.
(c) Seth Gale
(d) Abe Lincoln.
2. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
(a) The prospect of marriage.
(b) The prospect of a harsh winter.
(c) The prospect of civil war.
(d) The prospect of death.
3. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
4. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Federalist Papers.
(b) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
(c) The New York Review of Books.
(d) The Bourne Chronicles.
5. What are Mary's first words to Abe when he arrives after a two-year absence?
(a) "Mr. Lincoln, you are not my idea of a good man."
(b) "I always knew you would return to me, Abe."
(c) "You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Lincoln."
(d) "I'm glad to see you again, Mr. Lincoln."
Short Answer Questions
1. Seth Gale tells Abe he's feeling "pretty scared" about his son's health. What does Lincoln tell him?
2. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
3. Who is Billy Herndon?
4. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
5. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)