|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
(a) The Elijiah Lovejoy League of Freemen.
(b) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(c) The AFL-CIO.
(d) The Democratic Party of Quincy, Ill.
2. How does Mary Todd describe Lincoln's behavior and absence over the previous two years?
(b) A severe illness.
(c) A psychotic break.
3. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
(a) To attend law school and go into practice together.
(b) To relocate to Springfield and open a general store.
(c) To move to California, in search of gold.
(d) To move west, to Nebraska.
4. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
(a) A blizzard settles in, reflecting the cold that has settled in his heart.
(b) The weather is as clear as his conscience.
(c) The weather is as stormy as his mood.
(d) The wind howls in agony along with him.
5. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Bowling Green.
(b) Josh Speed.
(c) Seth Gale.
(d) Ann Rutledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
3. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
4. What has Lincoln been doing since breaking his engagement to Mary Todd?
5. What is Billy Herndon's attitude toward Mary Todd on the day Lincoln is to be married?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)