|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ninian Edwards believe might be instigating the prospect of marriage between Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd?
(a) Elizabeth Edwards' father.
(b) Abe Lincoln.
(c) Judge Bowling Green.
(d) Mary Todd.
2. What is Billy Herndon's reaction to Lincoln's reasons for breaking off the engagement?
(a) He is stunned and speechless. He finishes off the bottle in his pocket.
(b) He is gobsmacked, but he helps Lincoln write another letter.
(c) Herndon says Lincoln is really trying to escape his own failure to serve the country.
(d) Herndon agrees that Mary Todd is a witch and says he's glad Lincoln changed his mind.
3. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) Asking town officials for a raise in his wages as postmaster.
(b) Taking over the family farm from his sick father.
(c) Asking Ann Rutledge to consider him as a suitor.
(d) Running down to the town picnic for a piece of pie.
4. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Jack Armstrong.
(b) Seth Gale.
(c) Josh Speed.
(d) Ann Rutledge.
5. What does Lincoln's companion think of Lincoln's plan for his wedding?
(a) He agrees that Lincoln is making the right decision, for the right reasons.
(b) He believes everything will work out fine, once Lincoln has a drink or two.
(c) He's distressed and offers to deliver the news himself.
(d) He thinks Lincoln is being too brutal, at least in the way he intends to deliver the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
2. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
3. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
4. What do Josh Speed and Bowling Green think might be the result, if slavery spreads further across the South?
5. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)