|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth Edwards?
(a) The author of two memoirs.
(b) The wife of a one-time presidential candidate.
(c) Mary Todd's sister and Ninian Edwards' wife.
(d) The woman Abe Lincoln loves and wants to marry.
2. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
(a) Fabulously well; he's shown himself to be a natural leader.
(b) Great; he's getting kickbacks for legislation he sponsors.
(c) Not well; he's been rabble-rousing with speeches against slavery.
(d) Not well; he sits and draws his three dollars a day without paying attention.
3. Who is Billy Herndon?
(a) The boy who delivers mid-afternoon coffee and lottery tickets.
(b) A law clerk in Lincoln's office.
(c) A client of Lincoln's who is accused of murder.
(d) The illegitimate son of Josh Speed.
4. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
(a) John Singer Sargeant.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) John Brown.
(d) John Keats.
5. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nancy Green in Act 1, Scene 3, why can't Lincoln face life without a woman by his side?
2. When Lincoln arrives at the Edwards' home in Act 2, Scene 5, does he sense tension between Mary Todd and her sister?
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
4. What opinion does Elizabeth Edwards have of Abe Lincoln?
5. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)