|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
(a) The Clancy Groves boys are buying a round of whiskey for everyone.
(b) Ben Mattling is having a heart attack.
(c) The Clancy Groves boys have the judge trapped behind the bar.
(d) A local bully is angling for a fight with Ninian Edwards.
2. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
(b) In Rutledge's Tavern.
(c) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
(d) With Ann Rutledge's family.
3. When Lincoln suggests he wants to die in Act 1, Scene 3, how do his friends respond?
(a) They fall to their knees and beg him to reconsider.
(b) They promise to introduce him to other women.
(c) They insist he stay and try to get some sleep.
(d) They agree that it might be best if he dies.
4. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
(a) He is a womanizer.
(b) He kills compulsively.
(c) He drinks too much and too often.
(d) He cheats at cards.
5. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
(a) In an email.
(b) In a letter.
(c) In person.
(d) In a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lincoln give in Act 2, Scene 4 for turning down the opportunity to speak against slavery?
2. Why has Lincoln come to see Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
4. In a poem given to Lincoln by his teacher in the first scene, life is compared to what?
5. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)