|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
(b) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
(c) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
(d) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The Abolitionists.
(b) The British.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) The Whigs.
3. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
(a) Her love makes him weak at the knees and fuzzy in his thoughts; he knows he can't make anything of himself.
(b) Her love inspires him to write great poetry.
(c) Her love makes him believe in God, believe that all things are possible, and he can do anything he wants.
(d) Her love makes him irritable because she is so needy.
4. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
(a) A blizzard settles in, reflecting the cold that has settled in his heart.
(b) The weather is as clear as his conscience.
(c) The wind howls in agony along with him.
(d) The weather is as stormy as his mood.
5. Who is Elizabeth Edwards?
(a) The wife of a one-time presidential candidate.
(b) Mary Todd's sister and Ninian Edwards' wife.
(c) The woman Abe Lincoln loves and wants to marry.
(d) The author of two memoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Lincoln's attitude toward people?
4. Why is Ann's death such a setback to Lincoln?
5. What is a benefit of being in the state capitol that might entice Lincoln to run for office?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)