|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Seth Gale.
(d) Josh Speed.
2. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(b) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
(c) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(d) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
(a) Lincoln is considering buying slaves.
(b) Lincoln won't speak out in a fiery way for his own beliefs.
(c) Lincoln is an unsuccessful lawyer and the firm is losing money.
(d) Lincoln is courting more than one woman at a time.
4. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
(b) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
(c) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
(d) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
5. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(b) She is secretly a witch.
(c) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
(d) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Todd's reaction to word of Lincoln's arrival at her home In Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
3. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
4. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)