|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
2. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
(b) The Bourne Chronicles.
(c) The Federalist Papers.
(d) The New York Review of Books.
3. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
(a) She dies of a brain sickness.
(b) She meets a wealthy man, marries him and moves West.
(c) Bitten by a mosquito, she is paralzyed and left speechless.
(d) She runs away to Chicago to attend law school.
4. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
(b) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
(c) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
(d) Gobey, a runaway slave.
5. What does Billy Herndon urge Lincoln's friends to do, as Herndon leaves the office in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Drag him out of the stagnant pool in which he is drowning himself.
(b) Take Lincoln out to dinner and get him drunk.
(c) Introduce Lincoln to a good woman to marry.
(d) Dunk Lincoln in the river to wash away his stubborn streak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary Todd describe her part in the break-up of the engagement to Lincoln?
2. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
3. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
4. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Seth Gale tells Abe he's feeling "pretty scared" about his son's health. What does Lincoln tell him?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)