|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) President of the Springfield School Board.
(b) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
(c) Member of the Electoral College.
(d) President of the United States.
3. What is Mary Todd's lifelong dream for herself?
(a) That she will be able to nominate Supreme Court justices.
(b) That she will live a simple life, raising children.
(c) That she will marry the President of the United States.
(d) That she will become President of the United States.
4. What does Lincoln's companion think of Lincoln's plan for his wedding?
(a) He thinks Lincoln is being too brutal, at least in the way he intends to deliver the news.
(b) He's distressed and offers to deliver the news himself.
(c) He agrees that Lincoln is making the right decision, for the right reasons.
(d) He believes everything will work out fine, once Lincoln has a drink or two.
5. What last ditch effort does Mary Todd's sister make to prevent a proposal from Lincoln toward the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She produces a fan and uses it to flirt with Lincoln, to show he wouldn't be a faithful husband.
(b) She begins yelling at her sister, causing Ninian to slap her and drag her from the room.
(c) She begs Mary to put the children to bed.
(d) She spills a pot of hot tea on Lincoln's lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
3. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
4. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
5. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)