|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
(a) A gentle breeze ruffles the leaves of autumn trees.
(b) The sun is shining brightly.
(c) A blizzard is going on.
(d) It is storming, windy and rainy.
2. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
(a) John Brown.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) John Singer Sargeant.
(d) John Keats.
3. How does Mary Todd describe Lincoln's behavior and absence over the previous two years?
(a) A severe illness.
(d) A psychotic break.
4. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
(a) A local bully is angling for a fight with Ninian Edwards.
(b) The Clancy Groves boys have the judge trapped behind the bar.
(c) Ben Mattling is having a heart attack.
(d) The Clancy Groves boys are buying a round of whiskey for everyone.
5. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Bourne Chronicles.
(b) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
(c) The New York Review of Books.
(d) The Federalist Papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lincoln been doing since breaking his engagement to Mary Todd?
2. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
3. One of Lincoln's clients can't pay her bill; why does Lincoln think she is right not to pay?
4. Why does Bowling Green call Lincoln "an artful dodger" in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)