|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
(a) Move out of town.
(b) Find a woman to marry.
(c) Get a law degree.
(d) Consider becoming a minister.
2. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lincoln gets everyone's attention by firing his pistol at the ceiling.
(b) Lincoln diffuses the tension with the Clancy Groves boys.
(c) Lincoln announces there is free pie in the town square.
(d) Lincoln punches a bully who is threatening Ann Rutledge.
3. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
(a) Lincoln can't control his manic-depressive episodes and constantly makes a fool of himself.
(b) Lincoln is obsessive-compulsive and can't stop counting fence posts.
(c) Lincoln is a great fool with an odd understanding of the law.
(d) Lincoln is a hopeless hypochondriac who reads Hamlet.
4. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
(a) Thirteen years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
5. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
3. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 5 and what does it convey about the occupants?
5. Why does Mary agree to the public humiliation of taking Lincoln back after two years?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)