|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
(a) To relocate to Springfield and open a general store.
(b) To move west, to Nebraska.
(c) To move to California, in search of gold.
(d) To attend law school and go into practice together.
2. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Josh Speed.
(b) Jack Armstrong.
(c) Seth Gale.
(d) Ann Rutledge.
3. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Seth Gale
(c) Ben Mattling.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
4. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
(a) Daniel Webster.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) George Washington.
5. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(b) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
(c) By declaring his love for her.
(d) By asking her to dance on the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. What is Lincoln's response to a poem he reads regarding life and death?
3. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
4. What is the purpose of Edwards' visit to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)