|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
2. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
(a) To attend law school and go into practice together.
(b) To move west, to Nebraska.
(c) To relocate to Springfield and open a general store.
(d) To move to California, in search of gold.
3. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
(a) Abe Lincoln and Seth Gale.
(b) Abe Lincoln and Mentor Graham.
(c) Abe and Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Mentor Graham, Seth Gale and Mary Todd Lincoln.
4. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The plays of Shakespeare.
(b) The moods of the English language.
(c) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
(d) Punctuation marks.
5. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
(a) John Singer Sargeant.
(b) John Brown.
(c) John Keats.
(d) John Lennon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
2. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
3. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
4. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
5. Who is Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)