|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
2. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(b) By declaring his love for her.
(c) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
(d) By asking her to dance on the bar.
3. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
(a) A log cabin in the woods of Missouri.
(b) A cabin near New Salem, Illionois, which belongs to Lincoln's teacher.
(c) A riverboat on the mighty Mississippi.
(d) A tavern in Springfield.
4. What is Lincoln's attitude toward people?
(a) He is afraid of them, unless he has known them all his life.
(b) He dislikes people because of their inhumanity.
(c) He loves being in a crowd, but feels anxious one-to-one.
(d) He likes them one-to-one, but crowds scare him.
5. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
(a) Because of the scene in "Bambi," in which his mother was killed.
(b) Because his mother was an anti-gun lobbyist.
(c) Because he once saw one running across his mother's grave.
(d) Because he prefers bow-hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
2. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
3. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. Who is Ann Rutledge?
5. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)