|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
(b) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
(c) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
(d) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
2. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
(b) By asking her to dance on the bar.
(c) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(d) By declaring his love for her.
3. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) That Jack Armstrong, of the Clancy Groves boys, will run for the State Assembly.
(b) That a chicken crossed the road to get to the other side.
(c) That Ann Rutledge has run off to marry Josh Speed.
(d) That he will be a candidate for the assembly of the State of Illinois.
4. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
(a) A log cabin in the woods of Missouri.
(b) A tavern in Springfield.
(c) A cabin near New Salem, Illionois, which belongs to Lincoln's teacher.
(d) A riverboat on the mighty Mississippi.
5. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
(b) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(c) She is secretly a witch.
(d) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lincoln's attitude toward people?
2. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
3. What is the subject of the speech Lincoln is studying in the first scene?
4. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
5. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)