Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
(a) He is angry because he thinks the idea is a bad joke.
(b) He thinks it's a comical notion and not a good idea.
(c) He's excited and jumps at the chance.
(d) He weeps because his friends think so highly of him.
2. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
(b) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
(c) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(d) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
3. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
(a) The scene ends when Lincoln stumbles offstage, leaving his friends worried about his fate.
(b) The scene ends with a prayer spoken by Nancy Green.
(c) The scene ends with only a beam of light from Abe's attic illuminating the stage.
(d) The scene concludes with Lincoln on his knees in the attic, sobbing.
4. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He requests they accompany Lincoln to Springfield for opening of the Legislature.
(b) He asks them to keep Lincoln with them and not let him out of their sight.
(c) He wants them to take copious notes about Lincoln's mood.
(d) He asks them to call a physician to treat Lincoln's stress.
5. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The plays of Shakespeare.
(b) The moods of the English language.
(c) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
(d) Punctuation marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
2. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
3. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
4. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
5. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)