|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a poem given to Lincoln by his teacher in the first scene, life is compared to what?
(a) A river, a meadow, the wide horizon.
(b) A dream, a vision, a phantom.
(c) A fairy tale, a legend, a lie.
(d) A nightmare, a hallucination, a ghost.
2. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
(a) Consider becoming a minister.
(b) Get a law degree.
(c) Move out of town.
(d) Find a woman to marry.
3. What does Jack Armstrong tell Seth Gale about Lincoln while they wait for Lincoln's arrival in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Lincoln "ain't the same since he married Mary Todd."
(b) Lincoln "is his same comical old self."
(c) Lincoln has "slipped down and ain't much like his comical self."
(d) Lincoln has "come up in town and thinks too much of himself."
4. How does Lincoln describe Douglas' verbal skills?
(a) He juggles bullets.
(b) He keeps 10 daggers flashing in the air.
(c) He uses smoke and mirrors.
(d) He slings arrows like Zeus.
5. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
2. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
3. What causes Lincoln to change his mind about his future?
4. What reason does Lincoln give in Act 2, Scene 4 for turning down the opportunity to speak against slavery?
5. What is the wedding gift Ninian has brought Abe?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)