|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
(b) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
(c) Gobey, a runaway slave.
(d) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
2. What is the wedding gift Ninian has brought Abe?
(a) A silver box of fine cigars.
(b) A fine, silver-headed cane.
(c) A stovepipe hat that will become Lincon's signature.
(d) A slave.
3. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Whoopi Goldberg.
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Elizabeth Edwards.
(d) Ninian Edwards.
4. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
(a) The Elijiah Lovejoy League of Freemen.
(b) The AFL-CIO.
(c) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(d) The Democratic Party of Quincy, Ill.
5. What is the essential element Lincoln's party is seeking in a presidential candidate when they ask him to run?
(a) An anti-slavery attitude.
(b) The ability to get elected.
(c) A willingness to raise taxes.
(d) A strong military policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth Gale suggest might happen if slavery spreads West to new states and territories?
2. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Douglas accuses Lincoln of having sympathy for slaves but no sympathy for another suffering group of people. Who are they?
4. What last ditch effort does Mary Todd's sister make to prevent a proposal from Lincoln toward the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)