|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Todd describe her part in the break-up of the engagement to Lincoln?
(a) She agrees her incessant chatter drove Lincoln crazy.
(b) She knows her lack of confidence in his ability made him sad.
(c) She admits her love was based on financial greed.
(d) She acknowledges pushing him too hard to fulfill her ambitions.
2. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
(a) Because he once saw one running across his mother's grave.
(b) Because his mother was an anti-gun lobbyist.
(c) Because he prefers bow-hunting.
(d) Because of the scene in "Bambi," in which his mother was killed.
3. What does Mary Todd's sister predict if she marries Lincoln?
(a) A glittering life in the nation's capital, dancing with elegant Europeans.
(b) A life in a quaint cabin, stitching buckskin clothing and raising a passel of children.
(c) A wanderer's life, as Lincoln can't seem to hold a decent job.
(d) A life in a miserable cabin, without servants and without decent clothing.
4. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 10, Lincoln is sitting in his parlor with his sons. How many did he have?
5. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
(b) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(c) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(d) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Todd enters Act 2, Scene 10 while Lincoln is talking with his sons and objects to something the oldest son is doing. What is it?
2. What is the subject of the speech Lincoln is studying in the first scene?
3. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
4. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
5. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)