|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ann Rutledge?
(a) A nun who has taken up the monastic life in Illinois.
(b) The postmistress of New Salem.
(c) The woman Abe Lincoln wants to court.
(d) Lincoln's aunt.
2. How does Mary Todd describe Lincoln's behavior and absence over the previous two years?
(a) A psychotic break.
(d) A severe illness.
3. What has Mary Todd been doing while Lincoln entertains his guests?
(a) Throwing a tantrum.
(b) Hemming a dress.
(c) Listening at the door.
(d) Making tea.
4. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
(a) Her love makes him irritable because she is so needy.
(b) Her love makes him weak at the knees and fuzzy in his thoughts; he knows he can't make anything of himself.
(c) Her love makes him believe in God, believe that all things are possible, and he can do anything he wants.
(d) Her love inspires him to write great poetry.
5. What university does Lincoln's oldest son attend?
(b) University of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the railroad workers in Illinois doing, according to Douglas, to protest their low wages?
2. What does Lincoln ask Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
4. Seth Gale tells Abe he's feeling "pretty scared" about his son's health. What does Lincoln tell him?
5. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)