|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
(a) He suggests Lincoln see a doctor.
(b) He suggests a lobotomy.
(c) He prescribes anti-depressants.
(d) He thinks a good night's sleep will work wonders.
2. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Seth Gale.
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Ann Rutledge.
(d) Josh Speed.
3. What do Josh Speed and Bowling Green think might be the result, if slavery spreads further across the South?
(a) Lincoln could be drafted to head the military.
(b) The British would reassert power over the colonies.
(c) Civil war might break out.
(d) The South could overthrow the existing government and move the Capitol to Virginia.
4. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
(b) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
(c) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(d) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
5. What characteristics make Mary Todd a good catch in the eyes of most people?
(a) She is exceedingly beautiful and has a shy, retiring demeanor.
(b) She's smart, cultivated and the daughter of a bank president.
(c) She's highly educated and would make a good Secretary of State.
(d) She speaks French, cooks Italian and comes from a line of English royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
3. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 5 and what does it convey about the occupants?
5. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)