|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
(a) A tavern in Springfield.
(b) A cabin near New Salem, Illionois, which belongs to Lincoln's teacher.
(c) A riverboat on the mighty Mississippi.
(d) A log cabin in the woods of Missouri.
2. Lincoln says he has come to believe something about himself and Mary. What is it?
(a) Their destinies are together, for better or worse.
(b) They are like peanut butter and jelly--good alone, but better together.
(c) Their destinies will take them to Europe to live.
(d) They will never be happy together, no matter how they try.
3. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
4. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
(b) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(c) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
(d) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
5. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
(a) Six months.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Mary agree to the public humiliation of taking Lincoln back after two years?
3. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
4. How does Mary Todd respond to Lincoln's proposal at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Who is Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)