|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Two years.
2. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
(b) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
(c) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(d) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
3. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The Abolitionists.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The British.
(d) The U.S. Army.
4. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Whoopi Goldberg.
(b) Elizabeth Edwards.
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) Ninian Edwards.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(b) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(c) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(d) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Todd tell her brother-in-law when he asks why she has chosen him as a husband?
2. Who is Ann Rutledge?
3. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What is a benefit of being in the state capitol that might entice Lincoln to run for office?
5. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)