|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(b) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
(c) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(d) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
2. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Member of the Electoral College.
(d) President of the Springfield School Board.
3. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
4. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(b) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
(c) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
(d) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
5. How does Lincoln define his "own great duty?"
(a) He needs to go West and seize California from the Mexican government.
(b) His duty is to defend the Constitution to the best of his understanding.
(c) He doesn't know what it is and he's tired of people nagging him about it.
(d) His duty is to mind his own business and he doesn't care what other people think.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
2. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
4. What causes Lincoln to change his mind about his future?
5. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)