|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
(a) In a letter.
(b) In a telegram.
(c) In an email.
(d) In person.
2. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) John Glenn.
3. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
(b) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
(c) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
(d) Gobey, a runaway slave.
4. What are the railroad workers in Illinois doing, according to Douglas, to protest their low wages?
(a) They are striking, refusing to work.
(b) Nothing--they can't afford to offend their employers.
(c) They are marching, singing "I've been working on the railroad."
(d) Looking for jobs in other industries.
5. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
(a) The prospect of marriage.
(b) The prospect of civil war.
(c) The prospect of a harsh winter.
(d) The prospect of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
2. At the end of Scene 2, Act 8, what is Lincoln's response to Mary's actions?
3. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
4. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
5. What does Lincoln ask Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)