|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Josh Speed.
(c) Jack Armstrong.
(d) Seth Gale.
2. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
(a) She dies of a brain sickness.
(b) Bitten by a mosquito, she is paralzyed and left speechless.
(c) She runs away to Chicago to attend law school.
(d) She meets a wealthy man, marries him and moves West.
3. What causes Lincoln to change his mind about his future?
(a) He understands he's not getting any younger or better looking, so it's time to settle down.
(b) After meeting Seth Gale, Lincoln realizes his destiny is in national service, as Mary always said.
(c) After seeing Seth Gale's son, Lincoln realizes how much he wants children.
(d) He fails as a farmer and sees he must return to politics.
4. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) John Glenn.
5. When Lincoln suggests he wants to die in Act 1, Scene 3, how do his friends respond?
(a) They promise to introduce him to other women.
(b) They agree that it might be best if he dies.
(c) They fall to their knees and beg him to reconsider.
(d) They insist he stay and try to get some sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
3. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
4. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
5. What legal case established that slaves should be considered property?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)