|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lincoln come to see Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) He has come for dinner, at the invitation of her brother-in-law.
(b) He has come to apologize for breaking their engagement.
(c) He has hopes she will revive his political career.
(d) He has come to give word of his engagement to another woman.
2. What does Lincoln do with his notes before he begins speaking in the debate with Douglas?
(a) Puts them in his hat.
(b) Rips them to pieces.
(c) Sticks them under his chair.
(d) Puts them on the podium.
3. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 10, Lincoln is sitting in his parlor with his sons. How many did he have?
4. What is Mary Todd's lifelong dream for herself?
(a) That she will marry the President of the United States.
(b) That she will live a simple life, raising children.
(c) That she will become President of the United States.
(d) That she will be able to nominate Supreme Court justices.
5. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
(a) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(b) The Democratic Party of Quincy, Ill.
(c) The Elijiah Lovejoy League of Freemen.
(d) The AFL-CIO.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
2. Why is Mary Todd so sure that Lincoln will be a success, and not stop to tell jokes, as her sister predicts?
3. What are Mary's first words to Abe when he arrives after a two-year absence?
4. One of Lincoln's clients can't pay her bill; why does Lincoln think she is right not to pay?
5. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)