|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
2. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The plays of Shakespeare.
(b) Punctuation marks.
(c) The moods of the English language.
(d) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
3. What excuse does Ninian Edwards give for getting himself and his wife out of the parlor so Lincoln can be alone with Mary Todd?
(a) He feigns an injury and asks his wife to help him upstairs.
(b) He takes his wife dancing.
(c) He doesn't give an excuse, just grabs his wife's arm and hustles her off stage.
(d) The two have to hear their children's bedtime prayers.
4. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) John Glenn.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
(a) The weather is as stormy as his mood.
(b) The weather is as clear as his conscience.
(c) A blizzard settles in, reflecting the cold that has settled in his heart.
(d) The wind howls in agony along with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Act 4, Lincoln receives a letter from his old friend, Seth Gale. What is Gale worrying about?
2. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
3. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
4. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)