|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
(a) The weather is as stormy as his mood.
(b) The weather is as clear as his conscience.
(c) A blizzard settles in, reflecting the cold that has settled in his heart.
(d) The wind howls in agony along with him.
2. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
3. Who is Ann Rutledge?
(a) A nun who has taken up the monastic life in Illinois.
(b) The woman Abe Lincoln wants to court.
(c) The postmistress of New Salem.
(d) Lincoln's aunt.
4. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
(b) The Federalist Papers.
(c) The Bourne Chronicles.
(d) The New York Review of Books.
5. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(b) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
(c) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
(d) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
2. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
3. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
4. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
5. What is a benefit of being in the state capitol that might entice Lincoln to run for office?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)