|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) Member of the Electoral College.
(b) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) President of the Springfield School Board.
2. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
(a) Daniel Webster.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) James Madison.
(d) George Washington.
3. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The moods of the English language.
(b) Punctuation marks.
(c) The plays of Shakespeare.
(d) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
4. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
(a) John Glenn.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
(a) He's excited and jumps at the chance.
(b) He weeps because his friends think so highly of him.
(c) He is angry because he thinks the idea is a bad joke.
(d) He thinks it's a comical notion and not a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
2. Who is Ninian Edwards?
3. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
4. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)