|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
(b) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
(c) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
(d) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
2. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
(a) He's excited and jumps at the chance.
(b) He thinks it's a comical notion and not a good idea.
(c) He is angry because he thinks the idea is a bad joke.
(d) He weeps because his friends think so highly of him.
3. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(b) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
(c) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
(d) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
4. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
(b) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(c) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
(d) She is secretly a witch.
5. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(b) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
(c) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(d) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
2. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
3. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
4. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)