|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lincoln's attitude toward people?
(a) He likes them one-to-one, but crowds scare him.
(b) He is afraid of them, unless he has known them all his life.
(c) He loves being in a crowd, but feels anxious one-to-one.
(d) He dislikes people because of their inhumanity.
2. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
(a) Lincoln is obsessive-compulsive and can't stop counting fence posts.
(b) Lincoln is a hopeless hypochondriac who reads Hamlet.
(c) Lincoln can't control his manic-depressive episodes and constantly makes a fool of himself.
(d) Lincoln is a great fool with an odd understanding of the law.
3. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The moods of the English language.
(b) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
(c) The plays of Shakespeare.
(d) Punctuation marks.
4. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
5. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
(b) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
(c) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
(d) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
2. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
4. In Scene 2, Act 4, Lincoln receives a letter from his old friend, Seth Gale. What is Gale worrying about?
5. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)