|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
(a) Her love makes him weak at the knees and fuzzy in his thoughts; he knows he can't make anything of himself.
(b) Her love makes him believe in God, believe that all things are possible, and he can do anything he wants.
(c) Her love makes him irritable because she is so needy.
(d) Her love inspires him to write great poetry.
2. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
(b) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
(c) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
(d) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
3. Who is Ninian Edwards?
(a) A merchant passing through New Salem.
(b) Josh Speed's stepbrother.
(c) Son of the Illinois governor.
(d) Uncle of Elizabeth Edwards.
4. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Jack Armstrong.
(b) Seth Gale.
(c) Ann Rutledge.
(d) Josh Speed.
5. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
(a) The Elijiah Lovejoy League of Freemen.
(b) The AFL-CIO.
(c) The Democratic Party of Quincy, Ill.
(d) The American Civil Liberties Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
2. What do Josh Speed and Bowling Green think might be the result, if slavery spreads further across the South?
3. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
4. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
5. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)