|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
2. Why does Lincoln return to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Greens have asked him to mediate in their divorce.
(b) Seth Gale summoned him with a letter.
(c) Ann Rutledge is sick.
(d) He has been kicked out of Springfiled for being drunk in public.
3. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
(a) John Brown.
(b) John Keats.
(c) John Lennon.
(d) John Singer Sargeant.
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(b) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(c) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(d) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
5. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
(b) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(c) By declaring his love for her.
(d) By asking her to dance on the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
3. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
4. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
5. What does Billy Herndon urge Lincoln's friends to do, as Herndon leaves the office in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)