|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The Abolitionists.
(b) The British.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) The Whigs.
2. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
(a) The AFL-CIO.
(b) The Elijiah Lovejoy League of Freemen.
(c) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(d) The Democratic Party of Quincy, Ill.
3. Who is Ann Rutledge?
(a) Lincoln's aunt.
(b) The woman Abe Lincoln wants to court.
(c) The postmistress of New Salem.
(d) A nun who has taken up the monastic life in Illinois.
4. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(b) Ann Rutledge.
(c) Ben Mattling.
(d) Seth Gale
5. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
(a) Not well; he sits and draws his three dollars a day without paying attention.
(b) Not well; he's been rabble-rousing with speeches against slavery.
(c) Fabulously well; he's shown himself to be a natural leader.
(d) Great; he's getting kickbacks for legislation he sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
2. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
4. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
5. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)