|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(b) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(c) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
(d) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
3. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
(a) Indicative, Imperative, Potential, Subjunctive and Infinitive.
(b) Sad, Glad, Mad, Grumpy and Giddy.
(c) Meditative, Imperial, Possible, Subjective and Infinite.
(d) Commanding, Questioning, Doubting, Inferior and Decisive.
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
(a) Lincoln won't speak out in a fiery way for his own beliefs.
(b) Lincoln is an unsuccessful lawyer and the firm is losing money.
(c) Lincoln is considering buying slaves.
(d) Lincoln is courting more than one woman at a time.
5. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He wants them to take copious notes about Lincoln's mood.
(b) He asks them to keep Lincoln with them and not let him out of their sight.
(c) He asks them to call a physician to treat Lincoln's stress.
(d) He requests they accompany Lincoln to Springfield for opening of the Legislature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Act 4, Lincoln receives a letter from his old friend, Seth Gale. What is Gale worrying about?
2. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
3. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
5. When Lincoln suggests he wants to die in Act 1, Scene 3, how do his friends respond?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)