|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
(a) He can't pray to a God that needlessly allowed Ann to die.
(b) He accepts that "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
(c) He becomes an atheist.
(d) He knows if he had prayed day and night, Ann would have lived.
2. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
(a) They think of death as an awakening.
(b) They look forward to death, even when life is good.
(c) They are afraid to face death alone.
(d) They dance through life unaware of pleasure.
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(b) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(c) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(d) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
4. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Harrison Ford.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Winston Churchill.
5. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
(a) The prospect of civil war.
(b) The prospect of death.
(c) The prospect of a harsh winter.
(d) The prospect of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
2. What is Lincoln's attitude about people before he meets Ann Rutledge?
3. Who is Ann Rutledge?
4. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)