|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lincoln give in Act 2, Scene 4 for turning down the opportunity to speak against slavery?
(a) He is pro-slavery.
(b) He is feuding with the president of the organization that wants him to speak.
(c) The sponsoring organization is "a pack of hell-raising fanatics."
(d) He has a date on the night of the rally.
2. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
3. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
(b) The moods of the English language.
(c) Punctuation marks.
(d) The plays of Shakespeare.
4. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
(a) The prospect of marriage.
(b) The prospect of death.
(c) The prospect of a harsh winter.
(d) The prospect of civil war.
5. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
2. What is the purpose of Edwards' visit to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
4. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
5. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)