|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Herndon urge Lincoln's friends to do, as Herndon leaves the office in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Drag him out of the stagnant pool in which he is drowning himself.
(b) Introduce Lincoln to a good woman to marry.
(c) Take Lincoln out to dinner and get him drunk.
(d) Dunk Lincoln in the river to wash away his stubborn streak.
2. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
(b) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(c) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(d) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
3. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
(a) Commanding, Questioning, Doubting, Inferior and Decisive.
(b) Meditative, Imperial, Possible, Subjective and Infinite.
(c) Indicative, Imperative, Potential, Subjunctive and Infinitive.
(d) Sad, Glad, Mad, Grumpy and Giddy.
4. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
(a) He is angry because he thinks the idea is a bad joke.
(b) He weeps because his friends think so highly of him.
(c) He's excited and jumps at the chance.
(d) He thinks it's a comical notion and not a good idea.
5. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
(a) Consider becoming a minister.
(b) Move out of town.
(c) Get a law degree.
(d) Find a woman to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
2. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
3. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
5. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)