|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
2. Does the dear show fear?
(a) Yes, a great deal.
(b) Yes, but very little.
(c) Yes, a little.
3. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They died.
(b) They failed to fruit.
(c) They are very large and colorful.
(d) They grew fruit.
4. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his assumptions.
(b) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(c) On his experiments.
(d) On his observations.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the author's run, what does he notice?
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
3. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
4. What holiday is "February 2"?
5. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)