|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menicucci remind Peter to do?
(a) order oil for the central heating system
(b) check his water pipes
(c) praise Menicucci's workers for their good job
(d) pay him and his work team
2. How many bakers are listed in the yellow pages in Cavaillon?
3. What was the Cote d'Azur like when Peter visited it?
(a) a vision of beauty
(b) a draw for movie stars and celebrities
(c) a romantic seaside resort
(d) a nightmare of congested traffic and oily bodies lying flank to flank on the beach
4. Where is the heating system located?
(a) behind the house
(b) in what used to be the donkey dormitory
(c) in the courtyard
(d) beside the pool
5. What is a toilette a la Turque?
(a) a French restroom just like the Mayles were used to findin in England
(b) a restroom in a grand French hotel
(c) a primitive restroom consisting of a hole positioned between two footrests
(d) a fancy turkish bathroom with a bidet
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bakery they visit in Cavaillon?
2. What surprise gift do the Mayles receive?
3. What are the "Sayings of August?"
4. What takes place at the Mayles' house in August?
5. What is Henriette, Faustin's wife, handy at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Mayles learn about bread?
2. How does Peter stock his wine cellar?
3. List the locals who come to the Mayles for Christmas tips and tell what they bring as gifts
4. Why did the grapes on the Mayles' land have to be picked?
5. Describe the plan Madame Mayle has for getting the workmen back on the job to complete the work before Christmas.
6. What frightened friends of the Mayles who were staying at a nearby hotel?
7. Describe the rusty contraption Peter finds at the edge of the vineyard.
8. What were some of the "August Sayings" of visitors to Provence?
9. Describe the Cote d'Azur.
10. What does Menicucci do at the Mayles house in August?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)