|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the appearance of the hall where the investiture was to take place?
(a) a box-like building of raw brick and aluminum-trimmed glass
(b) a building that looked like a convent
(c) a Rococo building with fancy sculpted decorations inside and out
(d) a rustic building in the French Provencal style
2. What does Menicucci remind Peter to do?
(a) order oil for the central heating system
(b) pay him and his work team
(c) check his water pipes
(d) praise Menicucci's workers for their good job
3. What game do the Mayles play at the end of July?
(a) a game of golf
(b) a game of tennis
(c) a game of croquet
(d) a game of boules
4. Where did Peter's friend who was to be honored live?
(a) in a nearby village
(b) deep in the Cote du Rhone country
(c) next door
(d) high in the Lubryon mountains
5. What surprise gift do the Mayles receive?
(a) a cap full of mushrooms complete with a recipe for preparing them
(b) a box of home-made preserves
(c) a round of the local cheese and a loaf of delicious peasant bread
(d) some canned tomatoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Massot say to Peter that was uncharacteristic of him?
2. Which goats were supposed to do well in the race?
3. What terrible story did Faustin tell about a fire near Grase?
4. Who helps Peter stock his wine cellar?
5. What happens during the outside buffet at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Mayles uncomfortable at the party they were invited to in Gordes?
2. Describe the man Peter meets in the forest.
3. In what year does Massot plan to sell his home and why?
4. Describe the Cote d'Azur.
5. What does Menicucci do at the Mayles house in August?
6. Who is Roger and what happens to him?
7. What frightened friends of the Mayles who were staying at a nearby hotel?
8. Describe the plan Madame Mayle has for getting the workmen back on the job to complete the work before Christmas.
9. At the suggestion of Bernard, the pool man, where do the Mayles go to eat?
10. What English Christmas festivities did the Mayles miss?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)