|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did they have to move the stone table to get it into the courtyard?
(a) 750 feet
(b) 12 yards
(c) 500 feet
(d) 15 yards
2. The ruins of what chateau do they see on their bicycle ride?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte's Provencal chateau
(b) the chateau Voltair lived in for a while when he wrote his books
(c) the chateau of the Marquis de Sade
(d) the chateau of the richest man ever to have lived in Provence
3. What mountains rose up behind the house?
(a) the Dolomites
(b) the Caucasus
(c) the Alps
(d) the Luberon Mountains
4. What is the name of the Provencal stew the Mayles wanted to make?
(b) soupe extraordinaire
5. How is the insurance agent dressed?
(a) like a laborer
(b) like a performer from Las Vegas
(c) like a country gentleman
(d) like a banker
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Massot feel his house was worth?
2. What animal had Monsieur Massot shot?
3. What provided a final confirmation that warmer weather had arrived?
4. What job has Christian, the Mayles' architect been offered?
5. From whom had the Mayles bought their bicycles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes you about the students in Aix?
2. What does Massot do in this chapter to keep tourists out of the National Park?
3. What were some of the characteristics of the stone in Provence?
4. Describe Bernard, the man who was in charge of cleaning the Mayles' pool.
5. Describe in a sentence or two the bicycle trip the Mayles took on the first of May.
6. Why were the journalists happy about the lead story "Provence Under Blanket of Snow?"
7. What are the two things Antoine Massot, the Mayles' neighbor, likes to talk about with people he meets?
8. Why did the workmen the Mayles hired disappear in March?
9. List some of the things on the menu at the restaurant the Mayles visited in Buoux.
10. How does donating blood in Provence differ from donating blood in England?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)