|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mayles began their year in Provence on what holiday?
(a) Christmas Eve
(c) New Year's Eve
(d) Bastille Day
2. In Paris how many times does one kiss a friend when meeting him or her?
(a) four times, twice on each cheek alternately
(b) once on the lips
(d) three times
3. The Mayles' home is situated between which two villages?
(a) Amiens and Reims
(b) Menerbes and Bonnieux
(c) Nimes and Montpelier
(d) Cannes and Nice
4. Who is the tile-layer?
5. What did Monsieur Menicucci think Mozart could also have been besides being a composer?
(a) am excellent farmer
(b) a great mathematician
(c) a formidable electrician
(d) an astronomer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on the work team owns a cocker spaniel?
2. How much did Massot feel his house was worth?
3. The Mayles received a copy of which magazine in the mail?
4. What do some cyclists slip inside their shorts to cushion their tail bones?
5. What French machine does Peter Mayle first plan to use to move the large stone table?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two photographs which appeared in the newspaper.
2. Describe how the dogs reacted to the snow and ice.
3. Describe how truffles are gathered.
4. The dinner party the Mayles are invited to is memorable for what reason?
5. What is the arrangement the Mayles have with their neighbors concerning the grapes grown on the property?
6. Describe Bernard, the man who was in charge of cleaning the Mayles' pool.
7. Why did the Mayles purchase a house in Provence?
8. How does donating blood in Provence differ from donating blood in England?
9. Describe in a sentence or two the bicycle trip the Mayles took on the first of May.
10. List some of the flyers the advertising industry puts on windshields in June
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)