|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the guests who visited the Mayles in May?
(a) They were too demanding.
(b) They ate too much.
(c) They were obnoxious.
(d) Their schedules were very different from their hosts.
2. What saved the Mayles from having to have more drinks after the meal?
(a) the dog
(b) a sudden drop in the temperature
(c) the cat
(d) a baby crying
3. How many fountains are there along the length of the main street in Aix?
(c) one large one
4. What's a good description of Massot's dogs?
5. How many people move the stone table into the courtyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter Mayle plan to buy to protect himself from unwanted guests?
2. How much did Massot feel his house was worth?
3. What is the name of the insurance agent?
4. Where had Tony found a house that interested him?
5. What were the Mayles given after they had donated blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Menicucci's assistant wear in April?
2. What are the two things Antoine Massot, the Mayles' neighbor, likes to talk about with people he meets?
3. Describe the person who makes a telephone call to the Mayles at the end of March.
4. Describe in a sentence or two the bicycle trip the Mayles took on the first of May.
5. Describe the two photographs which appeared in the newspaper.
6. How does donating blood in Provence differ from donating blood in England?
7. What does Massot do in this chapter to keep tourists out of the National Park?
8. Why is the Cours Mirabeau considered the most handsome main street in France?
9. Describe Bernard, the man who was in charge of cleaning the Mayles' pool.
10. What strikes you about the students in Aix?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)