|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A car full of tourists from what country wanted to picnic on the Mayles' property?
2. How old is the chef of the restaurant where the Mayles dine in Lambesc?
3. Where do the people of Provence go every Sunday?
(a) to the movies
(b) to the market
(c) to the sea shore
(d) to the mountains
4. What job has Christian, the Mayles' architect been offered?
(a) redesigning a wealthy Parisian's home
(b) designing a gym
(c) redesigning a restaurant
(d) the job of redesigning a brothel
5. The January meal the Mayles were invited to started with what food?
(b) 3 kinds of pizza
6. Where do the Mayles have lunch in Aix?
(a) La Giraffe
(b) Chez Gu
(c) Le Chateau
(d) Les Quatre Saisons
7. What provided a final confirmation that warmer weather had arrived?
(a) There were flies in the house.
(b) The locals started to go swimming.
(c) The Mayles' asparagus was ready to pick.
(d) Monsieur Menicucci's wardrobe changed.
8. What does Madame Mayle purchase in an antique dealer's town one Sunday?
(a) a plaster bust of Delacroix
(b) a plaster bust of Voltaire
(c) a plaster bust of Chopin
(d) a plaster bust of Victor Hugo
9. What make of car was in the first automobile accident Peter encountered in Provence?
(a) a Mercedes
(b) a Jaguar
(c) a Volkswagen
(d) a Peugeot
10. What did Monsieur Menicucci think was scandalous?
(a) that the English people are so prim.
(b) that most Americans don't use a bidet.
(c) that the government sales tax for caviar is lower than for a screw.
(d) that Truffles are so expensive.
11. What did Faustin do in the winter?
(a) He wrote for the local newspaper
(b) He was a traveling slaughterer
(c) He was a tour guide
(d) He worked in a restaurant
12. The ruins of what chateau do they see on their bicycle ride?
(a) the chateau of the richest man ever to have lived in Provence
(b) Napoleon Bonaparte's Provencal chateau
(c) the chateau Voltair lived in for a while when he wrote his books
(d) the chateau of the Marquis de Sade
13. Peter offers a ride to whom?
(a) a Swiss man
(b) three German tourists
(c) two Italians
(d) two Australian students
14. What is necessary in order to buy a car in France?
(a) proof of residence in France
(b) marriage certificate
(c) birth certificate
(d) letter of recommendation from a Frenchman
15. What became the lead story in the local newspaper in early February?
(a) the opening of a gym
(b) a beauty pageant
(d) local political campaign
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal had Monsieur Massot shot?
2. How old was the French farmhouse?
3. The Mayles' home is situated between which two villages?
4. What do buyers of a house in Provence try to avoid?
5. How are the truffles which the Mayles eat prepared?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)