|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the French farmhouse?
(a) 4 months old
(b) 50 years old
(c) 200 years old
(d) 76 years old
2. What had come to a standstill?
(a) the Mayles dining in restaurants
(b) work on the house
(c) visits from neighbors
(d) calls from England
3. How do the students following cafe deportment arrive?
(a) as conspicuously as possible
(b) blowing kisses
(c) carrying books
(d) waving to their friends
4. Lengthy discussions were held between which two people during the planting?
(a) the two closest friends
(b) one of the men and his wife
(c) two people working side by side
(d) the two people farthest away from each other
5. What do Faustin, his wife and daughters use to harvest the table grapes?
(b) a special kind of knife
(c) a prining shears
(d) their hands
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Peter's friend rented a house?
2. How old is the chef of the restaurant where the Mayles dine in Lambesc?
3. The ruins of what chateau do they see on their bicycle ride?
4. What is the name of the Provencal stew the Mayles wanted to make?
5. What do they look for at a junk shop on the way home from Aix?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)