|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mayles plan to do with the enclosed courtyard in back of their house?
(a) turn it into an open-air living room
(b) turn it into a garden
(c) keep horses in it
(d) turn it into a tennis court-
2. What animal had Monsieur Massot shot?
(a) a squirrel
(b) a rabbit
(c) a groundhog
(d) a fox
3. In Provence how many times does one kiss?
(a) once on each cheek
(b) three times
(c) not at all
(d) once on the lips
4. What season was over?
(a) the skiing season
(b) the hunting season
(c) the tourist season
(d) the soccer season
5. The ruins of what chateau do they see on their bicycle ride?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte's Provencal chateau
(b) the chateau of the richest man ever to have lived in Provence
(c) the chateau Voltair lived in for a while when he wrote his books
(d) the chateau of the Marquis de Sade
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the painter?
2. What about the insurance agent pleases the Mayles?
3. What was the Cote d'Azur like when Peter visited it?
4. What was the grandfather's favorite soap opera?
5. What job has Christian, the Mayles' architect been offered?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)