|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the French farmhouse?
(a) 4 months old
(b) 50 years old
(c) 76 years old
(d) 200 years old
2. How far did they have to move the stone table to get it into the courtyard?
(a) 15 yards
(b) 12 yards
(c) 500 feet
(d) 750 feet
3. What was the surprising thing about Monsieur Bagnois, the floor-cleaner?
(a) He was a gourmet
(b) He weighed 400 pounds
(c) He had 17 children
(d) He was originally from India
4. What saved the Mayles from having to have more drinks after the meal?
(a) the cat
(b) a sudden drop in the temperature
(c) the dog
(d) a baby crying
5. What did Faustin decide should replace the melon field?
(a) a vegetable garden
(b) a flower garden
(c) a lawn
(d) more grape vines
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Monsieur Menicucci?
2. Who is the tile-layer?
3. What did the Mayles plan to do with the enclosed courtyard in back of their house?
4. Because it was so still in the valley in February what did Monsieur Massot say one could hear?
5. Lengthy discussions were held between which two people during the planting?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)