|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a toilette a la Turque?
(a) a French restroom just like the Mayles were used to findin in England
(b) a restroom in a grand French hotel
(c) a fancy turkish bathroom with a bidet
(d) a primitive restroom consisting of a hole positioned between two footrests
2. Who is Monsieur Aude?
(a) an iron artist
(b) a local chef
(c) a stone sculptor
(d) a local painter
3. What do they look for at a junk shop on the way home from Aix?
(a) a stone bench
(b) a statue of St. Francis of Assisi
(c) a gargoyle
(d) a stone bird bath
4. What had come to a standstill?
(a) calls from England
(b) visits from neighbors
(c) the Mayles dining in restaurants
(d) work on the house
5. How does Massot decide to discourage the Germans from camping in the national park?
(a) He sets snares in the park.
(b) He puts up threatening signs
(c) He decides to shoot into the air when he sees them
(d) He decides to turn his vicious dogs on them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the painter?
2. What is the name of the Provencal stew the Mayles wanted to make?
3. What takes place at the Mayles' house in August?
4. How did Tony behave with the French property agent?
5. What activity followed the luncheon Monsieur and Madame Menicucci attended?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)