|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Mayles' guest who is disaster-prone?
2. What did Peter Mayle plan to buy to protect himself from unwanted guests?
(a) a book on how to say no
(b) an answering machine
(c) a gun
(d) several vicious dogs
3. What is the first problem the Mayles encounter in the novel?
(a) the Mistral
(c) irate neighbors
(d) high prices
4. What do the people of Provence collect in baskets in the woods?
(c) wild flowers
5. What produced a noise like nuts and bolts clattering in a tin?
(a) the small Citroen vans that every farmer drove
(b) rain on the roof tops
(c) workers in the restaurant kitchens
(d) the local hens
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the grandfather's favorite soap opera?
2. What did Massot find that proved to him that Germans had camped in the park?
3. Why can't the meter reader read the Mayles' meter?
4. What did one thick-set old man with a florid nose ask the nurse when she couldn't prick the tough skin of his thumb?
5. What is as affordable in Provence as linoleum is in England?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)