1. How old was the French farmhouse?
(a) 76 years old
(b) 200 years old
(c) 50 years old
(d) 4 months old
2. What pets did the family take with them?
(a) 2 cats
(b) a bird and a cat
(c) 2 dogs
(d) a monkey and a parakeet
3. What mountains rose up behind the house?
(a) the Luberon Mountains
(b) the Alps
(c) the Caucasus
(d) the Dolomites
4. The Mayles began their year in Provence on what holiday?
(a) Bastille Day
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) Christmas Eve
5. The Mayles' house was situated on how many acres of land?
6. The Mayles' home is situated between which two villages?
(a) Nimes and Montpelier
(b) Menerbes and Bonnieux
(c) Amiens and Reims
(d) Cannes and Nice
7. What is the first problem the Mayles encounter in the novel?
(a) high prices
(c) irate neighbors
(d) the Mistral
8. What did Faustin do in the winter?
(a) He was a tour guide
(b) He worked in a restaurant
(c) He wrote for the local newspaper
(d) He was a traveling slaughterer
This section contains 4,675 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)