|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(c) Walnut shells.
2. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She is horrified.
3. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
(a) Public opinion shifts against Grandma and for Arnold.
(b) Public opinion shifts against Royce and for Arnold.
(c) Public opinion shifts for Maxine and away from Arnold.
(d) Public opinion shifts against Maxine and for Arnold.
4. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
(a) Happy with.
(b) Horrified by.
(c) Humored by.
(d) Surprised by.
5. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
(a) They have never practiced together before.
(b) They have never sung before.
(c) They do not have a teacher guiding them.
(d) No student at the school can really sing.
6. How does Grandma know the child is a Burdick?
(a) It has one green eye and one blue eye.
(b) It has bright red hair.
(c) It does not stop screaming.
(d) It is being held by Mildred.
7. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Wash the laundry.
(d) Wash their hair.
8. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
(a) On a Thursday.
(b) On a Tuesday.
(c) On a Sunday.
(d) On a Saturday.
9. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Two and a half dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One dollar.
10. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) Royce says he must go home.
(b) A tornado hits.
(c) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
(d) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
11. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
(a) He sleeps by her to keep her warm.
(b) He hunts for her.
(c) He protects her at night.
(d) He brings little knick-knacks from the field.
12. Who is her true family?
(a) Grandma's family.
(b) Ina-Rae's family.
(c) The Burdick family.
(d) The Fluke family.
13. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
(a) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket for Mary Alice to visit her family.
(b) Took all the money from the hides and bought train tickets for Mary Alice's entire family to visit.
(c) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket so that brother Joey could visit.
(d) Took all the money from the hides and bought Mary Alice a horse.
14. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
(a) She is quite happy.
(b) She is terribly nervous.
(c) She is a little scared.
(d) She is very excited.
15. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The main speaker.
(c) The lead dancer.
(d) An angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Weidenbach choose to go to Grandma Dowdel to solve this problem?
2. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
3. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
4. After Maxine is gone, Grandma explains that she kept a _________ in the rafters of the attic in order to keep the birds away.
5. The heart of the program is what?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)