|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is her true family?
(a) The Fluke family.
(b) The Burdick family.
(c) Ina-Rae's family.
(d) Grandma's family.
2. Mary Alice figures her zany household has done what?
(a) Made Royce like her even more.
(b) Entertained Royce.
(c) Given Royce something about which to write a story.
(d) Ruined all chances of romance with Royce.
3. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) The Burdick family.
(b) The local fur broker.
(c) Augie Fluke.
(d) A neighbor.
4. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
5. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
(a) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket so that brother Joey could visit.
(b) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket for Mary Alice to visit her family.
(c) Took all the money from the hides and bought train tickets for Mary Alice's entire family to visit.
(d) Took all the money from the hides and bought Mary Alice a horse.
6. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
(a) By telling her it's her favorite holiday.
(b) By having her pick out a pair of new shoes to buy from the Sears catalogue.
(c) By helping her get dressed for the program.
(d) By buying her a new wardrobe.
7. Carleen Lovejoy will play the leader of ______________, and she is intent on outshining all others.
(a) The pack.
(b) The heavenly angels.
(d) The dancers.
8. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
(a) Jamie Dowdel.
(b) Mildred Burdick.
(c) Ina-Rae Gage.
(d) Carleen Lovejoy.
9. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
10. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
(a) No student at the school can really sing.
(b) They have never sung before.
(c) They have never practiced together before.
(d) They do not have a teacher guiding them.
11. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
(a) Build a statue.
(b) Work as a postmaster.
(c) Teach school.
(d) Paint a mural on the post office wall.
12. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
(a) He was painting a nude portrait of Maxine when the snake fell from the rafters onto Maxine.
(b) He was tutor Maxine.
(c) He was having tea with Maxine.
(d) He was asking Maxine to marry him.
13. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
(a) Grandma and Mrs. Vottsmeier do not get along.
(b) Mary Alice has never been in trouble before.
(c) Grandma does not allow guests in her home.
(d) Every DAR member looks forward to the famous cherry tarts, and it will be a terrible blow if tarts are not made.
14. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
15. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(b) Singing at the top of her lungs.
(c) Quickly and quietly.
(d) Dancing and laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The artist, Arnold Green, explains that he is from ________, and that no one has had room in the entire town for him.
2. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
3. Why did Mrs. Weidenbach choose to go to Grandma Dowdel to solve this problem?
4. Royce shows himself to be very good at math, and partly to romance him, Mary Alice does what?
5. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)