|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(b) The rubber waders and the pecans.
(c) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
(d) The rubber waders and the corn.
2. Why did Mrs. Weidenbach choose to go to Grandma Dowdel to solve this problem?
(a) Grandma Dowdel is the best cook she knows.
(b) She is Mary Alice's guardian.
(c) Grandma wants to be a member of the DAR.
(d) She has a large home.
3. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) The Burdick family.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The local fur broker.
(d) Augie Fluke.
4. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A ball of yarn.
(d) A twig.
5. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
(a) Surprised by.
(b) Happy with.
(c) Horrified by.
(d) Humored by.
6. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash the laundry.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Wash their hair.
(d) Wash the dishes.
7. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
(a) They are cautious around him.
(b) They all swoon, including Mary Alice.
(c) They tease him.
(d) They ignore him.
8. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
(a) Jamie Dowdel.
(b) Carleen Lovejoy.
(c) Mildred Burdick.
(d) Ina-Rae Gage.
9. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
(a) Public opinion shifts against Royce and for Arnold.
(b) Public opinion shifts against Maxine and for Arnold.
(c) Public opinion shifts against Grandma and for Arnold.
(d) Public opinion shifts for Maxine and away from Arnold.
10. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
11. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
12. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
(a) Two beavers.
(b) Six muskrats.
(c) Four foxes.
(d) One bear.
13. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
(a) Grandma's beauty.
(b) Grandma's understanding of the DAR.
(c) Grandma's intelligence.
(d) Grandma's interest in the DAR.
14. What is "Newsy Notes?"
(a) An essay Mary Alice has written for school.
(b) A newspaper column containing bits of gossip or other town-related observations.
(c) A letter Mary Alice has written to the local paper.
(d) A column in the paper that gives private information about Mary Alice.
15. Mrs. Weidenbach has come to Grandma because of what?
(a) Mrs. Vottsmeier will not bake any cherry tarts.
(b) Mary Alice has gotten herself into trouble at school.
(c) Mrs. Weidenbach wants to be popular.
(d) She needs a place to host the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
2. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
3. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
4. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
5. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)