|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Maxine is gone, Grandma explains that she kept a _________ in the rafters of the attic in order to keep the birds away.
2. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Greene.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Wilcox.
3. Who tells her that she was actually adopted?
(b) Aunt Mae.
(c) Mrs. Vottsmeier.
4. The artist, Arnold Green, explains that he is from ________, and that no one has had room in the entire town for him.
(c) The west.
(d) The East.
5. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
6. Mary Alice has managed to shed the "____________" reputation.
(a) Dumb girl.
(b) Rich girl.
(c) Poor girl.
(d) Mean girl.
7. Mary Alice works up her nerve and writes an invitation to Royce. How does Royce respond?
8. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
9. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
(a) Nylon pantyhose.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Shoe strings.
(d) Old clothes.
10. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
(a) On a Saturday.
(b) On a Tuesday.
(c) On a Thursday.
(d) On a Sunday.
11. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A twig.
(c) A ball of yarn.
(d) A kitten.
12. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
(a) Grandma's interest in the DAR.
(b) Grandma's understanding of the DAR.
(c) Grandma's intelligence.
(d) Grandma's beauty.
13. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
(a) A toy crown.
(b) A case of makeup.
(c) A new pair of earrings.
(d) A halo she made from tin cans.
14. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
(a) Courting Augie.
(b) Writing a brief column in the local newspaper.
(c) Making presents for Grandma.
(d) Planning a trip to visit her family.
15. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
(a) Took all the money from the hides and bought train tickets for Mary Alice's entire family to visit.
(b) Took all the money from the hides and bought Mary Alice a horse.
(c) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket for Mary Alice to visit her family.
(d) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket so that brother Joey could visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma know the child is a Burdick?
2. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
3. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
4. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
5. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)