|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
2. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
(b) Royce says he must go home.
(c) A tornado hits.
(d) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
3. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
(a) Writing a brief column in the local newspaper.
(b) Courting Augie.
(c) Planning a trip to visit her family.
(d) Making presents for Grandma.
4. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
(a) They are cautious around him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They all swoon, including Mary Alice.
(d) They tease him.
5. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(b) Baby Jesus.
(c) Mary Alice.
6. Who is her true family?
(a) The Fluke family.
(b) Ina-Rae's family.
(c) The Burdick family.
(d) Grandma's family.
7. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
(a) To show her friends how popular she is.
(b) To put Mrs. Weidenbach in her place.
(c) To bring the women of the town together.
(d) To relax and enjoy good food.
8. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) She wants to be a member of the DAR.
(b) The DAR meeting take place at Grandma's own house.
(c) Mrs. Weidenbach is her best friend.
(d) Mary Alice has begged her to agree.
9. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
(a) Mildred Burdick.
(b) Jamie Dowdel.
(c) Carleen Lovejoy.
(d) Ina-Rae Gage.
10. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) Two and a half dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
11. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(a) Land speculator.
12. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Saturday.
(c) On a Tuesday.
(d) On a Thursday.
13. One day in the cold of _____________, Mrs. Weidenbach knocks at the door.
14. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
(c) Mary Alice.
(d) The English teacher Miss Butler.
15. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
(a) Public opinion shifts against Grandma and for Arnold.
(b) Public opinion shifts against Royce and for Arnold.
(c) Public opinion shifts for Maxine and away from Arnold.
(d) Public opinion shifts against Maxine and for Arnold.
Short Answer Questions
1. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
2. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
3. The meeting proceeds, and Mrs. Weidenbach takes an opportunity to brag about what?
4. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
5. Mary Alice figures her zany household has done what?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)