|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
(a) Armistice Day.
(b) George Washington's birthday.
(c) The creation of the NRA.
(d) The founding of the town.
2. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
(b) A tornado hits.
(c) Royce says he must go home.
(d) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
3. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
(a) Carleen Lovejoy.
(b) Jamie Dowdel.
(c) Mildred Burdick.
(d) Ina-Rae Gage.
4. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(b) Land speculator.
5. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
(a) Happy with.
(b) Surprised by.
(c) Humored by.
(d) Horrified by.
6. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Quickly and quietly.
(b) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(c) Dancing and laughing.
(d) Singing at the top of her lungs.
7. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Wash their hair.
(d) Wash the laundry.
8. Mrs. Weidenbach has come to Grandma because of what?
(a) She needs a place to host the party.
(b) Mrs. Vottsmeier will not bake any cherry tarts.
(c) Mary Alice has gotten herself into trouble at school.
(d) Mrs. Weidenbach wants to be popular.
9. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
(a) He brings little knick-knacks from the field.
(b) He sleeps by her to keep her warm.
(c) He protects her at night.
(d) He hunts for her.
10. Final exams are coming up at school, and while a whiz at English and composition, Mary Alice struggled with __________.
11. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A twig.
(d) A ball of yarn.
12. Royce shows himself to be very good at math, and partly to romance him, Mary Alice does what?
(a) Invites him over to Grandma's house to have him tutor her.
(b) Asks him to dinner.
(c) Talks to Royce about her problems at school.
(d) Asks him to tutor her at school.
13. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
(a) They are cautious around him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They all swoon, including Mary Alice.
(d) They tease him.
14. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
15. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
2. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
3. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
4. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
5. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)