|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(b) Singing at the top of her lungs.
(c) Quickly and quietly.
(d) Dancing and laughing.
2. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
3. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
4. Grandma discovers Arnold is a single man, and ___________.
(a) He may try to seduce Mary Alice.
(b) He would be perfect for Miss Butler.
(c) Man-hungry Maxine Patch will be trying to seduce him.
(d) He may be looking for a wife.
5. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
6. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) Two and a half dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One dollar.
7. What is "Newsy Notes?"
(a) A newspaper column containing bits of gossip or other town-related observations.
(b) An essay Mary Alice has written for school.
(c) A column in the paper that gives private information about Mary Alice.
(d) A letter Mary Alice has written to the local paper.
8. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Greene.
(b) Mrs. Wilcox.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
9. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
(a) A halo she made from tin cans.
(b) A new pair of earrings.
(c) A toy crown.
(d) A case of makeup.
10. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
(a) To show her friends how popular she is.
(b) To relax and enjoy good food.
(c) To bring the women of the town together.
(d) To put Mrs. Weidenbach in her place.
11. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(d) Land speculator.
12. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
13. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
14. Royce and Mary Alice awkwardly meet, and there is obvious _________.
15. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
2. Mary Alice figures her zany household has done what?
3. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
4. There are rumors of trying to do what to Arnold?
5. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)