|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
(a) Humored by.
(b) Horrified by.
(c) Happy with.
(d) Surprised by.
2. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash the laundry.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Wash their hair.
3. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
(a) She is quite happy.
(b) She is very excited.
(c) She is terribly nervous.
(d) She is a little scared.
4. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
5. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) One dollar.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Two and a half dollars.
6. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
7. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
8. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Wilcox.
(c) Mrs. Greene.
9. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The main speaker.
(c) An angel.
(d) The lead dancer.
10. Why did Mrs. Weidenbach choose to go to Grandma Dowdel to solve this problem?
(a) Grandma Dowdel is the best cook she knows.
(b) She is Mary Alice's guardian.
(c) She has a large home.
(d) Grandma wants to be a member of the DAR.
11. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
12. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) Mary Alice has begged her to agree.
(b) Mrs. Weidenbach is her best friend.
(c) The DAR meeting take place at Grandma's own house.
(d) She wants to be a member of the DAR.
13. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
(a) Mrs. Vottsmeier.
(c) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(d) Mary Alice.
14. What is "Newsy Notes?"
(a) A letter Mary Alice has written to the local paper.
(b) A column in the paper that gives private information about Mary Alice.
(c) An essay Mary Alice has written for school.
(d) A newspaper column containing bits of gossip or other town-related observations.
15. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
(a) Mary Alice has never been in trouble before.
(b) Grandma does not allow guests in her home.
(c) Every DAR member looks forward to the famous cherry tarts, and it will be a terrible blow if tarts are not made.
(d) Grandma and Mrs. Vottsmeier do not get along.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
2. Also surprising, they go out and do what?
3. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
4. Carleen is incensed that mousy Ina-Rae would get more attention on Valentine's Day than her. Later, what is revealed?
5. The artist, Arnold Green, explains that he is from ________, and that no one has had room in the entire town for him.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)