|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) Her everyday clothes.
(b) Plain bedsheets.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A simple robe.
2. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
(a) They have never practiced together before.
(b) They have never sung before.
(c) No student at the school can really sing.
(d) They do not have a teacher guiding them.
3. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) Yes, if Mrs. Vottsmeier does not attend.
(c) Yes, if she provides all the refreshments.
(d) Yes, if Mary Alice may attend as well.
4. The artist, Arnold Green, explains that he is from ________, and that no one has had room in the entire town for him.
(b) The west.
(c) The East.
5. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Singing at the top of her lungs.
(b) Quickly and quietly.
(c) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(d) Dancing and laughing.
6. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
7. Final exams are coming up at school, and while a whiz at English and composition, Mary Alice struggled with __________.
8. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Saturday.
(c) On a Thursday.
(d) On a Tuesday.
9. Also surprising, they go out and do what?
(a) Make a wreath out of fallen fir tree branches.
(b) Help out at a soup kitchen.
(c) Cut down a fir tree to act as a Christmas tree.
(d) Buy a Christmas tree.
10. Royce and Mary Alice awkwardly meet, and there is obvious _________.
11. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
(a) The creation of the NRA.
(b) The founding of the town.
(c) Armistice Day.
(d) George Washington's birthday.
12. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
13. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(c) Mary Alice.
(d) Baby Jesus.
14. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) The Burdick family.
(b) The local fur broker.
(c) Augie Fluke.
(d) A neighbor.
15. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Alice figures her zany household has done what?
2. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
3. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
4. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
5. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)