|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
2. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
(a) Courting Augie.
(b) Making presents for Grandma.
(c) Planning a trip to visit her family.
(d) Writing a brief column in the local newspaper.
3. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
4. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
(a) To show her friends how popular she is.
(b) To relax and enjoy good food.
(c) To put Mrs. Weidenbach in her place.
(d) To bring the women of the town together.
5. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
(a) Mrs. Wilcox and Aunt Mae Griswold.
(b) Mrs. DeVane and Mrs. Castagliola.
(c) Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Greene.
(d) Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Alderson.
6. There are rumors of trying to do what to Arnold?
(a) Run him out of town as a corrupting influence.
(b) Put him in jail.
(c) Convince him to stay permanently.
(d) Get him to marry Maxine.
7. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
8. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
(a) Four foxes.
(b) One bear.
(c) Six muskrats.
(d) Two beavers.
9. The heart of the program is what?
(a) The Hallelujah Chorus.
(b) The speech made by a senior.
(c) The dance number.
(d) The Nativity scene.
10. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(c) Mrs. Vottsmeier.
11. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(b) Dancing and laughing.
(c) Quickly and quietly.
(d) Singing at the top of her lungs.
12. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She laughs.
13. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
(a) Humored by.
(b) Happy with.
(c) Surprised by.
(d) Horrified by.
14. Carleen Lovejoy will play the leader of ______________, and she is intent on outshining all others.
(b) The dancers.
(c) The pack.
(d) The heavenly angels.
15. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) A simple robe.
(b) Plain bedsheets.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) Her everyday clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
2. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
3. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
4. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
5. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)