|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
(a) By telling her it's her favorite holiday.
(b) By buying her a new wardrobe.
(c) By having her pick out a pair of new shoes to buy from the Sears catalogue.
(d) By helping her get dressed for the program.
2. Royce shows himself to be very good at math, and partly to romance him, Mary Alice does what?
(a) Asks him to dinner.
(b) Talks to Royce about her problems at school.
(c) Invites him over to Grandma's house to have him tutor her.
(d) Asks him to tutor her at school.
3. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
4. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) The Burdick family.
(b) Augie Fluke.
(c) The local fur broker.
(d) A neighbor.
5. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(a) Baby Jesus.
(c) Mary Alice.
6. How does Grandma know the child is a Burdick?
(a) It has bright red hair.
(b) It has one green eye and one blue eye.
(c) It is being held by Mildred.
(d) It does not stop screaming.
7. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
8. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
(a) Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Greene.
(b) Mrs. DeVane and Mrs. Castagliola.
(c) Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Alderson.
(d) Mrs. Wilcox and Aunt Mae Griswold.
9. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
10. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(c) Walnut shells.
11. Mary Alice works up her nerve and writes an invitation to Royce. How does Royce respond?
12. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The lead dancer.
(c) The main speaker.
(d) An angel.
13. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
14. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) Mrs. Weidenbach is her best friend.
(b) Mary Alice has begged her to agree.
(c) She wants to be a member of the DAR.
(d) The DAR meeting take place at Grandma's own house.
15. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A ball of yarn.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A twig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
2. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
3. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
4. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
5. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)