|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(c) Land speculator.
2. How is the crowd shocked?
(a) An actual baby is in the manger.
(b) Carleen is not wearing anything.
(c) Mildred is standing there with her baby.
(d) Mary Alice is in one of her new dresses.
3. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) Plain bedsheets.
(b) A simple robe.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) Her everyday clothes.
4. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
5. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(b) Yes, if Mrs. Vottsmeier does not attend.
(c) Yes, if Mary Alice may attend as well.
(d) Yes, if she provides all the refreshments.
6. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
7. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) Royce says he must go home.
(b) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
(c) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
(d) A tornado hits.
8. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
(a) To put Mrs. Weidenbach in her place.
(b) To bring the women of the town together.
(c) To relax and enjoy good food.
(d) To show her friends how popular she is.
9. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and the corn.
(b) The rubber waders and the pecans.
(c) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(d) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
10. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
(a) He protects her at night.
(b) He sleeps by her to keep her warm.
(c) He brings little knick-knacks from the field.
(d) He hunts for her.
11. Who is her true family?
(a) Grandma's family.
(b) Ina-Rae's family.
(c) The Burdick family.
(d) The Fluke family.
12. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
(a) Grandma and Mrs. Vottsmeier do not get along.
(b) Every DAR member looks forward to the famous cherry tarts, and it will be a terrible blow if tarts are not made.
(c) Grandma does not allow guests in her home.
(d) Mary Alice has never been in trouble before.
13. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
(a) They are cautious around him.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They all swoon, including Mary Alice.
(d) They ignore him.
14. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
(a) An angel.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The lead dancer.
(d) The main speaker.
15. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
2. Also surprising, they go out and do what?
3. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
4. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
5. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)