|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(a) Land speculator.
2. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
(a) Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Greene.
(b) Mrs. Wilcox and Aunt Mae Griswold.
(c) Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Alderson.
(d) Mrs. DeVane and Mrs. Castagliola.
3. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
(a) Ina-Rae Gage.
(b) Mildred Burdick.
(c) Carleen Lovejoy.
(d) Jamie Dowdel.
4. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
5. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
6. What is the DAR?
(a) Day of Armistice Resolve.
(b) Daughters of the American Revolution.
(c) Daughters for Allied Revolt.
(d) Daughters of Armed Revolution.
7. Mary Alice works up her nerve and writes an invitation to Royce. How does Royce respond?
8. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
(a) Surprised by.
(b) Happy with.
(c) Humored by.
(d) Horrified by.
9. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and the pecans.
(b) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
(c) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(d) The rubber waders and the corn.
10. Mary Alice has managed to shed the "____________" reputation.
(a) Poor girl.
(b) Mean girl.
(c) Dumb girl.
(d) Rich girl.
11. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
12. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
(a) He was having tea with Maxine.
(b) He was tutor Maxine.
(c) He was asking Maxine to marry him.
(d) He was painting a nude portrait of Maxine when the snake fell from the rafters onto Maxine.
13. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Dancing and laughing.
(b) Quickly and quietly.
(c) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(d) Singing at the top of her lungs.
14. One day in the cold of _____________, Mrs. Weidenbach knocks at the door.
15. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
(a) The founding of the town.
(b) George Washington's birthday.
(c) The creation of the NRA.
(d) Armistice Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
2. Who is her true family?
3. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
4. Grandma discovers Arnold is a single man, and ___________.
5. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)