|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
(a) Ina-Rae Gage.
(b) Carleen Lovejoy.
(c) Mildred Burdick.
(d) Jamie Dowdel.
2. Royce and Mary Alice awkwardly meet, and there is obvious _________.
3. The artist, Arnold Green, explains that he is from ________, and that no one has had room in the entire town for him.
(b) The west.
(c) The East.
4. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Greene.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Wilcox.
5. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
6. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
(a) She is very excited.
(b) She is quite happy.
(c) She is terribly nervous.
(d) She is a little scared.
7. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(b) Land speculator.
8. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Augie Fluke.
(c) The local fur broker.
(d) The Burdick family.
9. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
(a) Jamie Dowdel.
(b) Mildred Burdick.
(c) Ina-Rae Gage.
(d) Carleen Lovejoy.
10. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Singing at the top of her lungs.
(b) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
(c) Dancing and laughing.
(d) Quickly and quietly.
11. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) Yes, if she provides all the refreshments.
(b) Yes, if Mary Alice may attend as well.
(d) Yes, if Mrs. Vottsmeier does not attend.
12. How is the crowd shocked?
(a) An actual baby is in the manger.
(b) Mildred is standing there with her baby.
(c) Carleen is not wearing anything.
(d) Mary Alice is in one of her new dresses.
13. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Wash the laundry.
(c) Wash their hair.
(d) Make dinner.
14. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A ball of yarn.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A twig.
15. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
2. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
3. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
4. Final exams are coming up at school, and while a whiz at English and composition, Mary Alice struggled with __________.
5. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)