|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
(a) Bottle caps.
(b) Nylon pantyhose.
(c) Old clothes.
(d) Shoe strings.
2. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
(a) Two beavers.
(b) One bear.
(c) Four foxes.
(d) Six muskrats.
3. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
4. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash their hair.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Wash the laundry.
(d) Make dinner.
5. Mary Alice has managed to shed the "____________" reputation.
(a) Rich girl.
(b) Mean girl.
(c) Poor girl.
(d) Dumb girl.
6. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
(a) She is terribly nervous.
(b) She is a little scared.
(c) She is quite happy.
(d) She is very excited.
7. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
(b) The English teacher Miss Butler.
(d) Mary Alice.
8. One day in the cold of _____________, Mrs. Weidenbach knocks at the door.
9. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is not surprised.
10. The meeting proceeds, and Mrs. Weidenbach takes an opportunity to brag about what?
(a) Her family lineage.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her wealth.
11. How is the crowd shocked?
(a) Mildred is standing there with her baby.
(b) Carleen is not wearing anything.
(c) Mary Alice is in one of her new dresses.
(d) An actual baby is in the manger.
12. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
(a) Public opinion shifts against Grandma and for Arnold.
(b) Public opinion shifts for Maxine and away from Arnold.
(c) Public opinion shifts against Royce and for Arnold.
(d) Public opinion shifts against Maxine and for Arnold.
13. Carleen Lovejoy will play the leader of ______________, and she is intent on outshining all others.
(a) The heavenly angels.
(b) The pack.
(d) The dancers.
14. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
(a) He sleeps by her to keep her warm.
(b) He hunts for her.
(c) He protects her at night.
(d) He brings little knick-knacks from the field.
15. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
2. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
3. There are rumors of trying to do what to Arnold?
4. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
5. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)