|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma discovers Arnold is a single man, and ___________.
(a) Man-hungry Maxine Patch will be trying to seduce him.
(b) He would be perfect for Miss Butler.
(c) He may try to seduce Mary Alice.
(d) He may be looking for a wife.
2. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
(a) A toy crown.
(b) A new pair of earrings.
(c) A case of makeup.
(d) A halo she made from tin cans.
3. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
(a) Two beavers.
(b) One bear.
(c) Six muskrats.
(d) Four foxes.
4. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
(a) The main speaker.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) An angel.
(d) The lead dancer.
5. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
6. Who is her true family?
(a) The Burdick family.
(b) Grandma's family.
(c) The Fluke family.
(d) Ina-Rae's family.
7. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Wash their hair.
(c) Wash the laundry.
(d) Make dinner.
8. The meeting proceeds, and Mrs. Weidenbach takes an opportunity to brag about what?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her family lineage.
9. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(a) Baby Jesus.
(d) Mary Alice.
10. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(b) Mrs. Greene.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Wilcox.
11. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(b) Plain bedsheets.
(c) Her everyday clothes.
(d) A simple robe.
12. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
(a) She is very excited.
(b) She is a little scared.
(c) She is terribly nervous.
(d) She is quite happy.
13. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
(a) Teach school.
(b) Paint a mural on the post office wall.
(c) Work as a postmaster.
(d) Build a statue.
14. Mary Alice has managed to shed the "____________" reputation.
(a) Mean girl.
(b) Dumb girl.
(c) Rich girl.
(d) Poor girl.
15. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(b) Walnut shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
2. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
3. One day in the cold of _____________, Mrs. Weidenbach knocks at the door.
4. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
5. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)