|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
(a) The founding of the town.
(b) Armistice Day.
(c) George Washington's birthday.
(d) The creation of the NRA.
2. Who is her true family?
(a) Grandma's family.
(b) Ina-Rae's family.
(c) The Fluke family.
(d) The Burdick family.
3. Why did Mrs. Weidenbach choose to go to Grandma Dowdel to solve this problem?
(a) She is Mary Alice's guardian.
(b) She has a large home.
(c) Grandma wants to be a member of the DAR.
(d) Grandma Dowdel is the best cook she knows.
4. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(b) Mary Alice.
(c) Baby Jesus.
5. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
6. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(b) Land speculator.
7. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
(a) Four foxes.
(b) Six muskrats.
(c) Two beavers.
(d) One bear.
8. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) Augie Fluke.
(b) The Burdick family.
(c) The local fur broker.
(d) A neighbor.
9. What is the DAR?
(a) Daughters for Allied Revolt.
(b) Daughters of Armed Revolution.
(c) Daughters of the American Revolution.
(d) Day of Armistice Resolve.
10. Carleen Lovejoy will play the leader of ______________, and she is intent on outshining all others.
(a) The heavenly angels.
(b) The pack.
(c) The dancers.
11. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
(a) They have never sung before.
(b) No student at the school can really sing.
(c) They have never practiced together before.
(d) They do not have a teacher guiding them.
12. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
(a) Teach school.
(b) Build a statue.
(c) Paint a mural on the post office wall.
(d) Work as a postmaster.
13. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
(a) Mary Alice.
(d) The English teacher Miss Butler.
14. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
(b) Royce says he must go home.
(c) A tornado hits.
(d) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
15. Mary Alice figures her zany household has done what?
(a) Made Royce like her even more.
(b) Given Royce something about which to write a story.
(c) Ruined all chances of romance with Royce.
(d) Entertained Royce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
2. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
3. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
4. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
5. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)