|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
(a) Nylon pantyhose.
(b) Shoe strings.
(c) Bottle caps.
(d) Old clothes.
2. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
(a) To put Mrs. Weidenbach in her place.
(b) To bring the women of the town together.
(c) To relax and enjoy good food.
(d) To show her friends how popular she is.
3. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) The English teacher Miss Butler.
4. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Wilcox.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Greene.
5. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(b) Yes, if Mrs. Vottsmeier does not attend.
(c) Yes, if she provides all the refreshments.
(d) Yes, if Mary Alice may attend as well.
6. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) Her everyday clothes.
(b) A simple robe.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) Plain bedsheets.
7. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
(a) They have never sung before.
(b) They have never practiced together before.
(c) No student at the school can really sing.
(d) They do not have a teacher guiding them.
8. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Wash their hair.
(d) Wash the laundry.
9. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(c) Walnut shells.
10. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
11. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
(a) She is very excited.
(b) She is quite happy.
(c) She is terribly nervous.
(d) She is a little scared.
12. Who tells her that she was actually adopted?
(c) Mrs. Vottsmeier.
(d) Aunt Mae.
13. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
(a) He was painting a nude portrait of Maxine when the snake fell from the rafters onto Maxine.
(b) He was having tea with Maxine.
(c) He was asking Maxine to marry him.
(d) He was tutor Maxine.
14. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) Baby Jesus.
15. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Maxine is gone, Grandma explains that she kept a _________ in the rafters of the attic in order to keep the birds away.
2. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
3. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
4. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
5. March comes, and Mary Alice turns _______________.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)