|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
(a) Build a statue.
(b) Work as a postmaster.
(c) Paint a mural on the post office wall.
(d) Teach school.
2. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A twig.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A ball of yarn.
(d) A kitten.
3. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
(a) Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Greene.
(b) Mrs. DeVane and Mrs. Castagliola.
(c) Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Alderson.
(d) Mrs. Wilcox and Aunt Mae Griswold.
4. Mary Alice works up her nerve and writes an invitation to Royce. How does Royce respond?
5. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(a) Land speculator.
6. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) Royce says he must go home.
(b) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
(c) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
(d) A tornado hits.
7. Final exams are coming up at school, and while a whiz at English and composition, Mary Alice struggled with __________.
8. How does Grandma know the child is a Burdick?
(a) It does not stop screaming.
(b) It is being held by Mildred.
(c) It has one green eye and one blue eye.
(d) It has bright red hair.
9. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
10. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Augie Fluke.
(c) The local fur broker.
(d) The Burdick family.
11. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(b) A simple robe.
(c) Plain bedsheets.
(d) Her everyday clothes.
12. It turns out Grandma had been setting _______ traps earlier that day.
13. The heart of the program is what?
(a) The dance number.
(b) The speech made by a senior.
(c) The Hallelujah Chorus.
(d) The Nativity scene.
14. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
(a) Dancing and laughing.
(b) Quickly and quietly.
(c) Singing at the top of her lungs.
(d) Naked except for a long black snake wrapped around her neck.
15. One day in the cold of _____________, Mrs. Weidenbach knocks at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
2. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
3. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
4. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
5. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)