Short Answer Questions Key
1. How old is the narrator?
2. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
The narrator's train ticket.
3. What is the year?
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
The Civilian Conservation Corps.
5. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
6. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
7. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
This section contains 4,845 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)