|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(b) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(c) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(d) Mary Alice is very rich.
2. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
3. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Aunt Suzie.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Grandma Dowdel.
(d) Uncle Harold.
4. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Visiting a neighbor.
(b) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
Short Answer Questions
1. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
2. Instead, what does Grandma do?
3. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
4. How old is the narrator?
5. The horse likely did what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)