|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
(b) She finds Mildred's mother.
(c) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(d) She goes for jam in the cellar.
2. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Befriend her.
(b) Beat her up.
(c) Tease her.
(d) Ignore her.
3. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
(b) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
(c) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(d) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
4. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(b) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(c) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(d) Mary Alice is very rich.
5. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Butler's.
(b) Miss Bonnie's.
(c) Miss Binghamton's.
(d) Miss Bate's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year?
2. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
3. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)