|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Uncle Harold.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Aunt Suzie.
(d) Grandma Dowdel.
2. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
3. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
(a) High school.
(c) A restaurant for dinner.
4. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(b) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(c) Mildred has been put in her place.
(d) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
5. The horse likely did what?
(a) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(d) Ran back to Mildred's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year?
2. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
3. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
4. Instead, what does Grandma do?
5. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)