|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(b) Ask her to be her friend.
(c) Waste time.
(d) Learn more about Mary Alice.
2. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) The military.
(b) A gang.
(c) A union.
(d) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
3. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(b) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
(c) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(d) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
4. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
5. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
(b) She gives her a huge hug.
(c) She completely ignores her.
(d) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
2. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
3. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
4. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
5. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)