|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) The Principal, August Fluke.
(b) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
(c) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
(d) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
2. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) A union.
(b) The military.
(c) A gang.
(d) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
3. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Binghamton's.
(b) Miss Bate's.
(c) Miss Bonnie's.
(d) Miss Butler's.
4. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Visiting a neighbor.
(b) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
5. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(b) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
(c) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(d) Mildred has been put in her place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
2. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
3. How old is the narrator?
4. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
5. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)