|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) The narrator's college tuition.
(b) The narrator's train ticket.
(c) Their rent.
(d) Their utility bills.
2. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Ask her to be her friend.
(b) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(c) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(d) Waste time.
3. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) A gang.
(b) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) The military.
(d) A union.
4. How old is the narrator?
5. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
(b) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
(c) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
(d) The principal, August Fluke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
2. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
3. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
4. The horse likely did what?
5. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)