|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(b) Mildred has been put in her place.
(c) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(d) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
2. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Invites the girls inside.
(b) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(c) Tells Mildred to go home.
(d) Gives Mildred the dollar.
3. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
4. What is the year?
5. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Grandma Dowdel.
(b) Aunt Suzie.
(c) Uncle Harold.
(d) Grandma Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
2. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
3. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)