|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) The narrator's train ticket.
(b) The narrator's college tuition.
(c) Their rent.
(d) Their utility bills.
2. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
(b) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(c) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(d) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
3. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(b) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(c) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(d) Mary Alice is very rich.
4. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(b) Invites the girls inside.
(c) Tells Mildred to go home.
(d) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
5. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
(b) She finds Mildred's mother.
(c) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(d) She goes for jam in the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
2. The horse likely did what?
3. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
4. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
5. What is the year?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)