|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She completely ignores her.
(b) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
(c) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
(d) She gives her a huge hug.
2. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Tease her.
(b) Beat her up.
(c) Ignore her.
(d) Befriend her.
3. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) On a horse.
(b) On a bike.
(c) On a motorcycle.
(d) In a car.
4. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
(b) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(c) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(d) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
5. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(b) Ask her to be her friend.
(c) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(d) Waste time.
Short Answer Questions
1. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
2. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
3. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
4. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
5. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)