|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) On a horse.
(b) On a motorcycle.
(c) On a bike.
(d) In a car.
2. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(b) She finds Mildred's mother.
(c) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
(d) She goes for jam in the cellar.
3. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Ask her to be her friend.
(b) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(c) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(d) Waste time.
4. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(c) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(d) Visiting a neighbor.
5. How old is the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
2. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
3. What is the year?
4. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
5. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)