|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Bonnie's.
(b) Miss Butler's.
(c) Miss Bate's.
(d) Miss Binghamton's.
2. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Beat her up.
(c) Tease her.
(d) Befriend her.
3. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(b) Mary Alice is very rich.
(c) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(d) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
4. The horse likely did what?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(c) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(d) Ran back to Mildred's home.
5. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
2. What is the year?
3. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
4. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
5. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)