|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(b) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(c) Invites the girls inside.
(d) Tells Mildred to go home.
2. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(b) A union.
(c) A gang.
(d) The military.
3. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's demand.
(c) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(d) Mildred's following her.
4. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(b) Ask her to be her friend.
(c) Waste time.
(d) Learn more about Mary Alice.
5. The horse likely did what?
(a) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(d) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
2. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
3. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
4. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
5. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)