|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Tells Mildred to go home.
(b) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(c) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(d) Invites the girls inside.
2. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their utility bills.
(b) Their rent.
(c) The narrator's college tuition.
(d) The narrator's train ticket.
3. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
(b) Mildred has been put in her place.
(c) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(d) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) A union.
(b) A gang.
(c) The military.
(d) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
5. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
(b) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
(c) The Principal, August Fluke.
(d) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
2. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
3. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
4. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
5. The horse likely did what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)