|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
2. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(a) Fried chicken.
(d) Corn bread.
3. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She goes for jam in the cellar.
(b) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(c) She finds Mildred's mother.
(d) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
4. How old is the narrator?
5. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
(b) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
(c) The Principal, August Fluke.
(d) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
2. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
3. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
4. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
5. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)