|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tulip bulbs did Joan plant in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) Two dozen.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One dozen.
2. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
(a) Hot dogs and baked beans.
(b) A bouillabaisse.
(c) Nothing - she refused to cook.
3. What strong women inspired Joan to think that she could find a way to replace her broken appliance?
(a) The wives of the Cape Cod fishermen.
(b) Her mother, grandmother, and aunt.
(c) Joan Erickson and Hazel.
(d) Her mother-in-law and daughters-in-law.
4. What did Joan find workmen doing at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
(a) Repairing her roof.
(b) Putting up a new picket fence.
(c) Replacing her garage door.
(d) Painting her house.
5. Who visited Joan on Memorial Day?
(a) Her priest.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Her husband, her sons, and her daughters-in-law.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan think the task of an unfinished woman was?
2. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what flowers did Joan's neighbors say she could pick from their yard?
3. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, to what did Joan equate Labor Day at the fish market?
4. What did Joan Erikson say in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, would be giving away some of Joan's strength?
5. What factors complicated Joan's job for the film crew?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)