|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of the party guests do to Joan's husband's tie?
(a) Threw it into the sea.
(b) Cut it off with a pair of scissors.
(c) Threw it into the lobster tank.
(d) Wore it as a headband.
2. Who advised Joan to dig for clams to earn the money to replace her broken appliance?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Joan Erickson.
(c) Joshua Cahoon.
3. How much money did it cost to replace Joan's broken appliance?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
4. What kind of footwear did Joan wear to the island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Rubber boots.
5. How did Joan describe her bicycle?
(a) As a showpiece with a fancy horn and a big basket.
(b) As a racer with sleek lines and a fast speed.
(c) As a workhorse with large tires and a rusting chain.
(d) As a thrift store model with chipped paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joan want to be alone on the seal island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
2. Which of the following statements was not something Joan's husband said when she called to ask him if he could help her pay for the broken appliance?
3. What kind of party did Joan throw for her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
4. What did Joan conclude while visiting the general store?
5. What tools did Joan need for clamming?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)