Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tulip bulbs did Joan plant in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) Two dozen.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One dozen.
2. What did Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) He was a chef.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a psychoanalyst.
(d) He was a lawyer.
3. How had Joan spent Labor Days prior to her year alone by the sea?
(a) Organizing family picnics.
(b) Doing housework.
(c) Visiting her in-laws.
(d) Watching tv.
4. At the end of the book, where did Joan's husband ask Joan to take him the next morning?
(a) To visit their sons.
(b) To the seal island to see the seals.
(c) To their old home in Nyack.
(d) To Yale to reminisce about their first meeting.
5. What kind of car did Joan's oldest son own?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Dodge.
(d) A Chevrolet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factors complicated Joan's job for the film crew?
2. Why did Joan plant the tulips?
3. In Chapter 12, Low Tide, what appliance in Joan's cottage broke?
4. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
5. On what did men sit while drinking coffee outside the general store?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)