|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what did Joan take with her to the chaise longue to enjoy some peace and quiet before her husband arrived at the cottage?
(a) A glass of lemonade and some chocolate chip cookies.
(b) A book and a glass of iced tea.
(c) A pillow and blanket so she could enjoy a nap.
(d) A radio.
2. Which of the following was not something Joan took with her to the island of the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) A tent.
(b) A sleeping bag and backpack.
(c) A radio.
(d) Food and water.
3. What factors complicated Joan's first day of clamming?
(a) Joan's fear of drowning or falling while searching for clams.
(b) High winds, a heavy mist, and Joan's inexperience.
(c) A clam shortage and a rainstorm.
(d) Joan's fever and shortage of tools.
4. Once Joan was dropped off on the seal island, how did she feel?
(c) Afraid, knowing that she was alone if any emergency arose.
(d) Angry, knowing her husband would soon return.
5. At the end of Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, who did Joan realize was planning to live with her in the cottage?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sons and their wives.
(d) Joan Erikson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Joan spend alone on the island with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
2. How did Joan describe her bicycle?
3. What did Joan find workmen doing at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
4. What outfit did Joan wear to greet her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
5. What did Joan Erikson say in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, would be giving away some of Joan's strength?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)