|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a psychoanalyst.
(d) He was a chef.
2. What did Joan tuck into the corners of the boxes of fish she packed at the fish market?
(c) Bluefish paté.
(d) Styrofoam packing.
3. Although Joan missed her sons after they left the cottage once Memorial Day ended, what did she look forward to regaining?
(a) Her space.
(b) Her kitchen.
(c) Her time.
(d) Her solitude.
4. Which of the following people were not guests Joan invited to her husband's party?
(a) Her sons and their wives.
(b) The postmistress and the fish market employees.
(c) Joan Erikson and Josh Cahoon.
(d) A female photographer and the plumber and his wife.
5. As Joan let sand flow through her fingers in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, what did the sand symbolize to her?
(b) Nature and the outdoors.
(c) Dirt that she had to sweep out of her mind, heart, and life.
(d) Her limitless future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
2. What kind of party did Joan throw for her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
3. What disappointed Joan about her visit with Joan Erickson's cousin?
4. What did Hazel do for a living?
5. How did Joan pay for her husband's party?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)