|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan discover that her sons' wives wanted after their marriages?
2. What factors complicated Joan's job for the film crew?
(a) Joan didn't have many cooking utensils at the cottage.
(b) Joan wasn't a skilled cook.
(c) The crew hated her cooking.
(d) The crew had various dietary preferences.
3. What did Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a chef.
(d) He was a psychoanalyst.
4. What term had Joan Erickson's late husband coined?
(c) Identity crisis.
(d) Midlife crisis.
5. What was Hazel's marital state?
(a) She was widowed.
(b) She was married.
(c) She was single and had never been married.
(d) She was divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of the party guests do to Joan's husband's tie?
2. Which of the following people were not guests Joan invited to her husband's party?
3. How long was the film crew on Cape Cod?
4. What did Joan think that all women in long-term relationships should consider?
5. How many tulip bulbs did Joan plant in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Cape Cod general store like, and what did being there help Joan decide about her stay in the community?
2. What truths about her life were revealed to Joan during her trip to the seal island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
3. What symbolism did Joan see in the sandbar?
4. How did Joan's acceptance of her body change in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
5. What did Joan take with her to the seal island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, and how did what she took on this trip show her growth since her initial trip to the island?
6. To where did Joan ride her bike in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, and how did she like the experience?
7. How did the friendship between Joan Anderson and Joan Erikson develop in Chapter 10, Seal Woman?
8. Who did Joan ask for money to replace her broken hot water heater, and what was his response?
9. Why did Joan's nephew send guests to stay with Joan, and how did Joan feel about being part of her nephew's project?
10. How did Joan's family spend Memorial Day weekend in Chapter 13, Treading Water, and how did Joan make this holiday different than previous holidays?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)