|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
(a) Hot dogs and baked beans.
(b) A bouillabaisse.
(d) Nothing - she refused to cook.
2. What did Joan think the task of an unfinished woman was?
(a) To acknowledge her life as a work in progress.
(b) To become artistic.
(c) To stop living for others.
(d) To become finished.
3. While walking with Joan Erickson in Chapter 10, Seal Woman, what animal did Joan see staring into a puddle?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A red fox.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A brown bear.
4. What did Joan discover that her sons' wives wanted after their marriages?
5. Who visited Joan on Memorial Day?
(a) Her mother-in-law.
(b) Her husband, her sons, and her daughters-in-law.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan think that all women in long-term relationships should consider?
2. What disappointed Joan about her visit with Joan Erickson's cousin?
3. What things did Joan notice during her bicycle ride in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor?
4. What kind of party did Joan throw for her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
5. Once Joan was dropped off on the seal island, how did she feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbolism did Joan see in the sandbar?
2. What did Joan Anderson expect to learn from the psychoanalyst, and what did Joan Erikson tell her when she didn't learn what she expected?
3. What spiritual lesson did Joan learn from clamming?
4. How did Joshua Cahoon help Joan learn clamming?
5. To where did Joan ride her bike in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, and how did she like the experience?
6. How did Joan initially feel about letting people into her home, and how did she feel about having guests at the end of Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow?
7. How did a sign in front of the Methodist Church make Joan reflect upon her marriage?
8. In Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, how did Joan feel about letting her husband move back in with her after he retired and where did she go to think over the prospect?
9. What did Joan find several workmen doing at her home upon her return from her bike ride, and what did the fact that her husband was paying for the repairs indicate about him and their marriage?
10. What truths about her life were revealed to Joan during her trip to the seal island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)