|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far of a bike ride from Joan's home was the general store?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) One mile.
2. What disappointed Joan about her visit with Joan Erickson's cousin?
(a) She had hoped for a longer visit.
(b) She found Joan Erickson's cousin dull.
(c) She had hoped for a shorter visit.
(d) She didn't learn anything about herself.
3. What things did Joan notice during her bicycle ride in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor?
(a) The number of tourists at Cape Cod.
(b) The traffic in the town.
(c) The sights and scents of nature.
(d) The friendliness of everyone she met.
4. How did Joan pay for her husband's party?
(a) She sold a new book.
(b) By clamming.
(c) With fish market earnings and an unexpected royalty check.
(d) She borrowed the money from Joan Erikson.
5. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) She was a seamstress.
(b) She was an actress.
(c) She was a psychologist.
(d) She was an Episcopal priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, what forced Joan to end her solitude?
2. What did Joan Erikson say in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, would be giving away some of Joan's strength?
3. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
4. What kind of party did Joan throw for her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
5. How did Joan describe her bicycle?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)