|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Joan pay for her husband's party?
(a) With fish market earnings and an unexpected royalty check.
(b) She sold a new book.
(c) By clamming.
(d) She borrowed the money from Joan Erikson.
2. Where were Joan's oldest son and his wife going for a bike trip once leaving the cottage after Memorial Day?
(b) The Far East.
3. What previous hiking trips did Joan think of while traveling to the seal island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) One in western Utah.
(b) One in Coral Gables.
(c) One in the Andes and one in the Grand Canyon.
(d) One in Europe.
4. While riding her bicycle in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, with whom did Joan wonder if she could ever share a bike ride?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Joan Erikson.
(d) Her oldest son and his wife.
5. What term had Joan Erickson's late husband coined?
(b) Midlife crisis.
(c) Identity crisis.
6. How long was the film crew on Cape Cod?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Eight days
7. What did Joan find workmen doing at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
(a) Repairing her roof.
(b) Painting her house.
(c) Replacing her garage door.
(d) Putting up a new picket fence.
8. What did Hazel cook Joan for breakfast?
(a) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
(b) Blueberry pancakes.
(c) An omelet.
(d) Oatmeal and buttered toast.
9. What action made the clams spit, i.e. make holes in the sand that revealed where they were?
(a) Singing loudly to scare the clams.
(b) Stomping around on the sand.
(c) Putting raw hamburger on the sand as clam bait.
(d) Pouring water on the sand.
10. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what flowers did Joan's neighbors say she could pick from their yard?
(a) Some white lillies.
(b) Some pink roses.
(c) Some Shasta daisies.
(d) Some orange begonias.
11. What gift did Joan give her husband at the party?
(a) A coffee maker.
(b) A new tie.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A tide clock.
12. What kind of car did Joan's oldest son own?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) A Ford.
13. Which of the following was not something that Joan thought would help her maintain her new self if she reunited with her husband?
(a) Generating new ideas.
(b) Playing hostess to her husband and his friends.
(c) Sipping coffee by the shore.
(d) Laughing and risking adventures.
14. Where did Joan Erickson tell Joan A. was the only place to find answers about herself?
(a) In her own heart.
(b) From her physician.
(c) From her family.
(d) From her friends.
15. Under what conditions did Joan decide she could let her husband return home?
(a) If he quit his job.
(b) If he begged her forgiveness for his past selfishness.
(c) If they collaborated & it wasn't just a matter of convenience.
(d) If he agreed to let her remain at Cape Cod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tools did Joan need for clamming?
2. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, what was Joan hired to do for the film crew?
3. Who visited Joan on Memorial Day?
4. Which of the following people were not guests Joan invited to her husband's party?
5. What factors complicated Joan's first day of clamming?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)