Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what did Joan take with her to the chaise longue to enjoy some peace and quiet before her husband arrived at the cottage?
(a) A glass of lemonade and some chocolate chip cookies.
(b) A book and a glass of iced tea.
(c) A pillow and blanket so she could enjoy a nap.
(d) A radio.
2. Which of the following was not something Joan took with her to the island of the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) A tent.
(b) A sleeping bag and backpack.
(c) A radio.
(d) Food and water.
3. What factors complicated Joan's first day of clamming?
(a) Joan's fear of drowning or falling while searching for clams.
(b) High winds, a heavy mist, and Joan's inexperience.
(c) A clam shortage and a rainstorm.
(d) Joan's fever and shortage of tools.
4. Once Joan was dropped off on the seal island, how did she feel?
(c) Afraid, knowing that she was alone if any emergency arose.
(d) Angry, knowing her husband would soon return.
5. At the end of Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, who did Joan realize was planning to live with her in the cottage?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sons and their wives.
(d) Joan Erikson.
6. How long did Joan spend alone on the island with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) One week.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One hour.
7. How did Joan describe her bicycle?
(a) As a workhorse with large tires and a rusting chain.
(b) As a showpiece with a fancy horn and a big basket.
(c) As a racer with sleek lines and a fast speed.
(d) As a thrift store model with chipped paint.
8. What did Joan find workmen doing at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
(a) Painting her house.
(b) Repairing her roof.
(c) Replacing her garage door.
(d) Putting up a new picket fence.
9. What outfit did Joan wear to greet her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) A bathing suit and towel.
(b) A red evening gown and heels.
(c) A tailored gray wool suit and black boots.
(d) Jeans and a black linen blazer.
10. What did Joan Erikson say in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, would be giving away some of Joan's strength?
(a) Turning her back on her female friends.
(b) Letting others know her secrets.
(c) Leaving Cape Cod to return to the city.
(d) Returning to her husband.
11. What did the T-shirt Joan wore on the seal island say?
(a) This is what it looks like to be fifty.
(b) I love me.
(c) I am woman.
(d) I love Cape Cod.
12. What did the sign in front of the Methodist Church make Joan wonder about herself?
(a) If she needed to treat others more nicely.
(b) If she needed to forgive more.
(c) If she needed to love more.
(d) If she had been indifferent about her life and her marriage.
13. Who was Hazel?
(a) Joan's cousin.
(b) Joan's daughter-in-law.
(c) An old friend of Joan.
(d) Joshua Cahoon's wife.
14. How did Joan think she was like beach glass?
(a) She was bright and shiny.
(b) She had been through a lot and had become new.
(c) She was sharp and could cut.
(d) She had been discarded like trash.
15. Why did Joan decide not to write in her journal on the seal island?
(a) She did not want to miss a single thing.
(b) She was tired of writing and was thinking of changing jobs.
(c) She had a low supply of ink.
(d) She had a low supply of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joan Erickson tell Joan A. was the only place to find answers about herself?
2. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what flowers did Joan's neighbors say she could pick from their yard?
3. With which Greek goddess did Joan feel an affinity when she swam with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
4. What kind of party did Joan throw for her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
5. What did Joan decide at the end of her month of increased socializing in Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)