|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factors complicated Joan's job for the film crew?
(a) The crew had various dietary preferences.
(b) Joan wasn't a skilled cook.
(c) Joan didn't have many cooking utensils at the cottage.
(d) The crew hated her cooking.
2. How tall was Joan's husband?
(a) Five feet nine.
(b) Six foot four.
(c) Six foot one.
(d) Five feet eleven.
3. What did one of the party guests do to Joan's husband's tie?
(a) Threw it into the lobster tank.
(b) Cut it off with a pair of scissors.
(c) Threw it into the sea.
(d) Wore it as a headband.
4. With which Greek goddess did Joan feel an affinity when she swam with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
5. How did Joan pay for her husband's party?
(a) She sold a new book.
(b) With fish market earnings and an unexpected royalty check.
(c) By clamming.
(d) She borrowed the money from Joan Erikson.
6. During her bicycle ride, what words did Joan see on a sign in front of the Methodist Church?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(b) The opposite of love is indifference.
(c) To forgive is divine.
(d) Love conquers all.
7. What did Hazel do for a living?
(a) She was an accountant.
(b) She was a pediatrician.
(c) She was an attorney.
(d) She was an ophthalmologist.
8. What gift did the fish market owner give Joan at the end of the season?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A gift certificate to a local restaurant.
(c) A gift certficate to the local spa.
(d) A swordfish steak.
9. How long did Joan spend alone on the island with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) One hour.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
10. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) She was a psychologist.
(b) She was a seamstress.
(c) She was an Episcopal priest.
(d) She was an actress.
11. What term had Joan Erickson's late husband coined?
(a) Midlife crisis.
(c) Identity crisis.
12. Although Joan missed her sons after they left the cottage once Memorial Day ended, what did she look forward to regaining?
(a) Her space.
(b) Her kitchen.
(c) Her time.
(d) Her solitude.
13. Who was Hazel?
(a) Joan's daughter-in-law.
(b) Joshua Cahoon's wife.
(c) Joan's cousin.
(d) An old friend of Joan.
14. What gift did Joan receive from her daughter-in-law on Memorial Day?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A hand--painted sign that said "Tradition".
15. What kind of party did Joan throw for her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) An anniversary party.
(b) A change-of-life party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A welcome party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what conditions did Joan decide she could let her husband return home?
2. In Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, what did Joan tell Joan Erikson she would miss if she reunited with her husband?
3. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
4. What did Joan discover that her sons' wives wanted after their marriages?
5. Which of the following people were not guests Joan invited to her husband's party?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)