|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what conditions did Joan decide she could let her husband return home?
(a) If he quit his job.
(b) If they collaborated & it wasn't just a matter of convenience.
(c) If he begged her forgiveness for his past selfishness.
(d) If he agreed to let her remain at Cape Cod.
2. Which of the following people were not guests Joan invited to her husband's party?
(a) Her sons and their wives.
(b) Joan Erikson and Josh Cahoon.
(c) The postmistress and the fish market employees.
(d) A female photographer and the plumber and his wife.
3. How many tulip bulbs did Joan plant in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One dozen.
(d) Two dozen.
4. Which of the following was not something Joan took with her to the island of the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) A radio.
(b) A sleeping bag and backpack.
(c) A tent.
(d) Food and water.
5. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what flowers did Joan's neighbors say she could pick from their yard?
(a) Some Shasta daisies.
(b) Some orange begonias.
(c) Some pink roses.
(d) Some white lillies.
6. How long was the film crew on Cape Cod?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eight days
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) One month.
7. What previous hiking trips did Joan think of while traveling to the seal island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) One in the Andes and one in the Grand Canyon.
(b) One in Europe.
(c) One in Coral Gables.
(d) One in western Utah.
8. What did Joan conclude while visiting the general store?
(a) That she wanted to have another baby.
(b) That she wanted to move to Europe.
(c) That she wanted to divorce her husband.
(d) That she wanted to stay in Cape Cod.
9. What did the sign in front of the Methodist Church make Joan wonder about herself?
(a) If she had been indifferent about her life and her marriage.
(b) If she needed to forgive more.
(c) If she needed to treat others more nicely.
(d) If she needed to love more.
10. What was Hazel's marital state?
(a) She was widowed.
(b) She was single and had never been married.
(c) She was divorced.
(d) She was married.
11. While riding her bicycle in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, with whom did Joan wonder if she could ever share a bike ride?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her oldest son and his wife.
(d) Joan Erikson.
12. Where were Joan's oldest son and his wife going for a bike trip once leaving the cottage after Memorial Day?
(a) The Far East.
13. How tall was Joan's husband?
(a) Five feet eleven.
(b) Six foot one.
(c) Six foot four.
(d) Five feet nine.
14. Who applauded Joan's job of clamming?
(a) The fish market owner's wife.
(b) Joan Erickson.
(d) Joan's husband.
15. What did Joan Erikson say in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, would be giving away some of Joan's strength?
(a) Leaving Cape Cod to return to the city.
(b) Turning her back on her female friends.
(c) Letting others know her secrets.
(d) Returning to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Joan give her husband at the party?
2. What did Joan think that all women in long-term relationships should consider?
3. What did the T-shirt Joan wore on the seal island say?
4. How much money did it cost to replace Joan's broken appliance?
5. What disappointed Joan about her visit with Joan Erickson's cousin?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)