|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
(a) Hot dogs and baked beans.
(b) A bouillabaisse.
(d) Nothing - she refused to cook.
2. Who visited Joan on Memorial Day?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband, her sons, and her daughters-in-law.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
(d) Her priest.
3. What tools did Joan need for clamming?
(a) A rake and a basket.
(b) A stick and a bag.
(c) A fishing pole and bait.
(d) A pot and lid.
4. Which of the following was not something Joan took with her to the island of the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) A sleeping bag and backpack.
(b) A tent.
(c) Food and water.
(d) A radio.
5. Where did Joan Erickson tell Joan A. was the only place to find answers about herself?
(a) In her own heart.
(b) From her friends.
(c) From her physician.
(d) From her family.
6. How did Joan pay for her husband's party?
(a) With fish market earnings and an unexpected royalty check.
(b) By clamming.
(c) She borrowed the money from Joan Erikson.
(d) She sold a new book.
7. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what flowers did Joan's neighbors say she could pick from their yard?
(a) Some white lillies.
(b) Some orange begonias.
(c) Some pink roses.
(d) Some Shasta daisies.
8. What did Joan discover that her sons' wives wanted after their marriages?
9. How much did a license for clamming cost Joan?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
10. What did Hazel cook Joan for breakfast?
(a) Blueberry pancakes.
(b) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
(c) Oatmeal and buttered toast.
(d) An omelet.
11. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
(a) Sixty-five dollars.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(c) Fifteen or twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
12. What kind of footwear did Joan wear to the island in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
(a) Rubber boots.
(d) Tennis shoes.
13. What kind of perfume did Joan wear to greet her husband in the final chapter of the book?
(a) French perfume.
(b) Lemon-scented perfume.
(c) Tea rose and gardenia perfume.
(d) Honeysuckle and lavender perfume.
14. How did Joan think the seals had influenced her life?
(a) By helping her swim more.
(b) By setting her onto a different path.
(c) By making her become a vegetarian.
(d) By giving her a new book idea.
15. How much money did it cost to replace Joan's broken appliance?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the T-shirt Joan wore on the seal island say?
2. Who applauded Joan's job of clamming?
3. At the end of the book, where did Joan's husband ask Joan to take him the next morning?
4. What gift did Joan receive from her daughter-in-law on Memorial Day?
5. What did Joan think that all women in long-term relationships should consider?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)