|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Port of Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the film crew on Cape Cod?
(a) Eight days
(b) One month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
2. What factors complicated Joan's job for the film crew?
(a) Joan wasn't a skilled cook.
(b) The crew had various dietary preferences.
(c) The crew hated her cooking.
(d) Joan didn't have many cooking utensils at the cottage.
3. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
4. What did Joan find workmen doing at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
(a) Painting her house.
(b) Replacing her garage door.
(c) Repairing her roof.
(d) Putting up a new picket fence.
5. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
(a) They swam away from her.
(b) They swam alongside her.
(c) They ignored her.
(d) They attacked her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
2. How did Joan's husband describe the home he lived in while Joan occupied their Cape Cod cottage?
3. What snack did the bartender put out without charge for Joan's party for her husband?
4. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
5. How did Joan define menopause?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)