|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Port of Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Port of Call, what did Joan take with her to the chaise longue to enjoy some peace and quiet before her husband arrived at the cottage?
(a) A radio.
(b) A pillow and blanket so she could enjoy a nap.
(c) A glass of lemonade and some chocolate chip cookies.
(d) A book and a glass of iced tea.
2. In Chapter 4, Riptide, which of the following was not a task Joan had to do in her job at Nickerson's Fish Market?
(a) Hauling and weighing fish.
(b) Climbing up to the lobster tanks.
(c) Catching fish.
(d) Dealing with customers.
3. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, who came to Cape Cod to shoot a film?
(a) Joan's nephew.
(c) A famous Hollywood producer.
(d) Joan's older son.
4. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
(a) Her publisher went out of business.
(b) Her collaborator moved & ended their collaboration.
(c) Her agent retired, leaving her agentless.
(d) Her editor quit & the new editor hated Joan's writing.
5. What activity did Joan's older son and his wife share?
(d) Roller skating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign in front of the Methodist Church make Joan wonder about herself?
2. How long did Joan spend alone on the island with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
3. How long was the town's New Year's Day race?
4. What did Joan decide at the end of her month of increased socializing in Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow?
5. What did Joan Erikson say in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty, would be giving away some of Joan's strength?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)