|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Port of Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Fifteen or twenty dollars.
(c) Sixty-five dollars.
(d) Twelve dollars.
2. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
(a) They swam away from her.
(b) They attacked her.
(c) They swam alongside her.
(d) They ignored her.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, what was Joan's morning ritual as winter approached?
(a) To put a log on the stove and heat water for tea.
(b) To take a leisurely shower.
(c) To sleep late and breakfast on oatmeal and toast.
(d) To rise early to watch the seagulls.
4. How did Joan Erickson keep herself strong and healthy?
(a) She took vitamins every day.
(b) She was a vegetarian.
(c) She walked a couple of miles every day.
(d) She swam a lot.
5. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
(a) As the victim of Joan's nagging.
(b) As Joan's protector.
(c) As breadwinner.
(d) As an equal partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, what did Joan's husband announce?
2. What color was the inside of Nickerson's Fish Market painted?
3. Approximately how many other runners showed up with Joan to participate in the New Year's Day race?
4. Who hauled and chopped wood for Joan during her stay at the cottage?
5. Which of the following actions was not something Joan did prior to her husband's arrival for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)