|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Port of Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Joan get about her house in the city after her return from the seal island?
(a) It had been sold.
(b) It had been painted.
(c) It had been damaged in a fire.
(d) It had been vandalized.
2. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Joshua Cahoon.
(d) Her mother.
3. What outfit did Joan wear to greet her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) A bathing suit and towel.
(b) Jeans and a black linen blazer.
(c) A red evening gown and heels.
(d) A tailored gray wool suit and black boots.
4. What worry did Joan have about the weather during her time on the seal island?
(a) It was too foggy to see and she feared falling or drowning.
(b) A blizzard struck.
(c) It was hurricane season.
(d) It was very hot and she feared dehydrating.
5. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
(a) Twelve dollars.
(b) Fifteen or twenty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Sixty-five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joan Erickson's late husband?
2. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
3. What beverage did Joan buy at the general store?
4. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
5. From whom did Joan get the wobbly kitchen table in the cottage?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)