|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Port of Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Joshua Cahoon.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
2. What color was the inside of Nickerson's Fish Market painted?
(d) Orange and green.
3. What strong women inspired Joan to think that she could find a way to replace her broken appliance?
(a) Her mother-in-law and daughters-in-law.
(b) The wives of the Cape Cod fishermen.
(c) Her mother, grandmother, and aunt.
(d) Joan Erickson and Hazel.
4. What outfit did Joan wear to greet her husband in Chapter 16, Port of Call?
(a) A tailored gray wool suit and black boots.
(b) Jeans and a black linen blazer.
(c) A bathing suit and towel.
(d) A red evening gown and heels.
5. How did Joan define menopause?
(a) A pause from men.
(b) Old age.
(c) Middle age.
(d) Absence of childbearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan think that all women in long-term relationships should consider?
2. From whom did Joan get the wobbly kitchen table in the cottage?
3. What did the T-shirt Joan wore on the seal island say?
4. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what was Joan's only daily outing for her first three weeks on the island?
5. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)