|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who voided Joan's many mistakes at the fish market cash register?
(a) The market owner's wife.
(b) Joan E.
(c) The market owner.
(d) A female coworker.
2. What was the dress code at the fish market?
(a) Brown pants and red sweaters.
(b) Black tee-shirts and overalls.
(c) Jeans or khaki pants with a tucked-in navy blue top.
(d) White pants and black tee-shirts.
3. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
(a) Her agent retired, leaving her agentless.
(b) Her editor quit & the new editor hated Joan's writing.
(c) Her collaborator moved & ended their collaboration.
(d) Her publisher went out of business.
4. What did Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) He was a soldier.
(b) He was a psychoanalyst.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a chef.
5. What number did Joan wear in the town's New Year's Day race in Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
2. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
3. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
4. Where were Joan's oldest son and his wife going for a bike trip once leaving the cottage after Memorial Day?
5. Who visited Joan on Memorial Day?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)