|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Joan receive from her daughter-in-law on Memorial Day?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A hand--painted sign that said "Tradition".
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. What was Hazel's marital state?
(a) She was divorced.
(b) She was widowed.
(c) She was single and had never been married.
(d) She was married.
3. What tools did Joan need for clamming?
(a) A pot and lid.
(b) A rake and a basket.
(c) A fishing pole and bait.
(d) A stick and a bag.
4. How many buckets of clams did Joan set as her goal for her first day of clamming?
5. How many Christmas cards did Joan send during her year alone at the cottage?
(a) Three dozen.
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan envy about the seals?
2. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
3. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
4. During her bicycle ride, what words did Joan see on a sign in front of the Methodist Church?
5. What victory did Joan think she had won when she reached the finish line of the race?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)