|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her bicycle ride, what words did Joan see on a sign in front of the Methodist Church?
(a) To forgive is divine.
(b) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(c) The opposite of love is indifference.
(d) Love conquers all.
2. Approximately how many other runners showed up with Joan to participate in the New Year's Day race?
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
3. Why did Joan and her husband decide to spend Christmas together during their separation year?
(a) They wanted to make Joan's ailing mother happy.
(b) They wanted to make a show of unity for their children.
(c) Neither of them wanted to be alone.
(d) They missed each other.
4. What did Joan decide at the end of her month of increased socializing in Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow?
(a) She was in control of her life & when guests came and left.
(b) She liked being around other people.
(c) She hated socializing.
(d) She missed her husband.
5. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
(a) Sixty-five dollars.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(c) Fifteen or twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, what was really happening with the lobster the two customers thought was dead?
2. What did the sign in front of the Methodist Church make Joan wonder about herself?
3. On what did men sit while drinking coffee outside the general store?
4. Which of the following statements was not one of Joan's thoughts about the remark that she had everything she wanted?
5. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)