|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far of a bike ride from Joan's home was the general store?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Five miles.
2. Which of the following is not something for which Joan's writing money paid during her marriage?
(a) Most of the family's extras.
(c) Her children's education.
(d) The mortgage.
3. Although Joan missed her sons after they left the cottage once Memorial Day ended, what did she look forward to regaining?
(a) Her space.
(b) Her solitude.
(c) Her kitchen.
(d) Her time.
4. What activity did Joan's older son and his wife share?
(d) Roller skating.
5. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
(a) Five thirty.
(b) Eight thirty.
(c) Four thirty.
(d) Six thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, what was Joan's morning ritual as winter approached?
2. How much money was a basket of clams worth?
3. How many pounds of clams did Joshua Cahoon like to dig in a single day?
4. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
5. In Chapter 12, Low Tide, what appliance in Joan's cottage broke?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)