|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the church Christmas pageant that Joan and her husband attended n Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights, what were the children dressed as instead of shepherds?
(d) Roman soldiers.
2. Why did Joan think she was better off than the rich local women who bought fish from her in the market?
(a) She was useful in a job, unlike them.
(b) She was free while they had to live by their husbands' rules.
(c) Her children were grown.
(d) She was a writer.
3. What costume Joan did Joan wear for the New Year's Day race?
(a) A wicked witch costume.
(b) A Little Red Riding Hood costume.
(c) A mermaid costume.
(d) A Cinderella costume.
4. What did Joan decide at the end of her month of increased socializing in Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow?
(a) She liked being around other people.
(b) She was in control of her life & when guests came and left.
(c) She hated socializing.
(d) She missed her husband.
5. What did Hazel cook Joan for breakfast?
(a) Oatmeal and buttered toast.
(b) Blueberry pancakes.
(c) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
(d) An omelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hazel's marital state?
2. What did Hazel do for a living?
3. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
4. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
5. What did Joan see on her front lawn as she left her house in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)