|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Low Tide, and Chapter 13, Treading Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joan and her husband go to work for the Peace Corps in the early days of their marriage?
(a) The Philippines.
2. At the church Christmas pageant that Joan and her husband attended n Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights, what were the children dressed as instead of shepherds?
(a) Roman soldiers.
3. What did the other patrons of Larry's PX talk about during Joan's first visit to the PX?
(a) The bad economy for fishing that year.
(b) Joan's separation from her husband.
(c) The seals in the harbor.
(d) A local murder.
4. Where did Joan Erickson tell Joan A. was the only place to find answers about herself?
(a) From her physician.
(b) From her family.
(c) From her friends.
(d) In her own heart.
5. During her stay at the cottage, what fact did Joan not reveal to her neighbors and coworkers about her marriage?
(a) That it was a sham and she was not truly married.
(b) That she was married to a much younger man.
(c) That she was married to a man who had been in prison.
(d) That she and her husband were separated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
2. What did Joan's husband think when Joan made an angel in the snow?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, what was Joan's morning ritual as winter approached?
4. What wall decoration from New Mexico made Joan think she was at a crossroads in her life?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In, how long a walk does Joan begin taking each day?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)