|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Low Tide, and Chapter 13, Treading Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
(a) A bouillabaisse.
(c) Hot dogs and baked beans.
(d) Nothing - she refused to cook.
2. Once Joan's husband left in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, how did Joan react?
(a) She begged him to come back.
(b) She cried.
(c) She rejoiced.
(d) She became afraid.
3. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, what was Joan hired to do for the film crew?
4. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, what forced Joan to end her solitude?
(a) A procession of visitors to her cottage.
(b) Her mother got ill and needed her.
(c) Her husband got ill and needed her.
(d) Her son's wife was pregnant and needed her help.
5. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
(a) Peanut butter.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A stale bagel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Joan's older son and his wife share?
2. What was the dress code at the fish market?
3. What did Joan's husband think when Joan made an angel in the snow?
4. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
5. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)