|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Low Tide, and Chapter 13, Treading Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
(a) They were grown.
(b) Six and twelve.
(c) They were infants.
(d) Three and ten.
2. What did Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) He was a psychoanalyst.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was a soldier.
(d) He was a chef.
3. Who honked her horn and flashed her lights and encouraged an exhausted Joan to continue the race when Joan was about to quit?
(b) Joan Erickson.
(c) The fish market owner's wife.
(d) A lady cop.
4. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
(a) Six thirty.
(b) Five thirty.
(c) Eight thirty.
(d) Four thirty.
5. Where did Joan and her husband meet?
(c) Penn State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hazel?
2. How much did a license for clamming cost Joan?
3. What factors complicated Joan's job for the film crew?
4. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
5. In Chapter 12, Low Tide, what appliance in Joan's cottage broke?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)