|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Low Tide, and Chapter 13, Treading Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, what was Joan hired to do for the film crew?
2. What tools did Joan need for clamming?
(a) A pot and lid.
(b) A rake and a basket.
(c) A stick and a bag.
(d) A fishing pole and bait.
3. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) Her husband walking the dog.
(c) Joshua Cahoon jogging.
(d) The neighborhood children walking to school.
4. In Chapter 3, Seal Sense Analysis, who gave Joan some clams he had dug up?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Her younger son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The local pastor.
5. While walking with Joan Erickson in Chapter 10, Seal Woman, what animal did Joan see staring into a puddle?
(a) A red fox.
(b) A brown bear.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ebb tide?
2. What did Hazel do for a living?
3. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
4. What news did Joan get about her house in the city after her return from the seal island?
5. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)