|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Low Tide, and Chapter 13, Treading Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson did the seals teach Joan?
(a) That she needed to be in the sea more.
(b) That she needed to live like a child again and enjoy life.
(c) That she needed to swim more.
(d) That she needed to interact with animals more.
2. What did Joan's husband think when Joan made an angel in the snow?
(a) That she was funny.
(b) That she had changed and become more free.
(c) That she was childish.
(d) That she would freeze after laying in the cold, wet snow.
3. While walking with Joan Erickson in Chapter 10, Seal Woman, what animal did Joan see staring into a puddle?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A brown bear.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A red fox.
4. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) She was a seamstress.
(b) She was a psychologist.
(c) She was an Episcopal priest.
(d) She was an actress.
5. How many buckets of clams did Joan set as her goal for her first day of clamming?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
2. How many Christmas cards did Joan send during her year alone at the cottage?
3. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
4. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
5. How soon before Christmas was Joan's husband scheduled to arrive at the cottage?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)