|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Low Tide, and Chapter 13, Treading Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many buckets of clams did Joan set as her goal for her first day of clamming?
2. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
(a) At the beginning of January.
(b) At Thanksgiving.
(c) At the end of December.
(d) At Christmas.
3. What costume Joan did Joan wear for the New Year's Day race?
(a) A Little Red Riding Hood costume.
(b) A Cinderella costume.
(c) A wicked witch costume.
(d) A mermaid costume.
4. Who visited Joan on Memorial Day?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband, her sons, and her daughters-in-law.
(c) Her priest.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
5. Who advised Joan to dig for clams to earn the money to replace her broken appliance?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Joshua Cahoon.
(d) Joan Erickson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who honked her horn and flashed her lights and encouraged an exhausted Joan to continue the race when Joan was about to quit?
2. What did Joan see on her front lawn as she left her house in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide?
3. What was Hazel's marital state?
4. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, what was Joan hired to do for the film crew?
5. What lesson did the seals teach Joan?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)