|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet, and Chapter 9, Fogged In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What costume Joan did Joan wear for the New Year's Day race?
(a) A Cinderella costume.
(b) A mermaid costume.
(c) A wicked witch costume.
(d) A Little Red Riding Hood costume.
2. What was Joan Erickson looking into getting instead of a car to transport herself around town?
(a) A golf cart or three-wheel bicycle.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A motorized wheelchair.
(d) A skateboard.
3. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
(a) At the end of December.
(b) At Thanksgiving.
(c) At the beginning of January.
(d) At Christmas.
4. When Joan's father died, which relative angered Joan by not attending his funeral?
(a) Joan's younger son.
(b) Joan's older son.
(c) Joan's brother.
(d) Joan's husband.
5. Which of the following is not something Joan woke up to the morning after her husband's arrival for Christmas?
(a) A cup of fresh coffee on her bedside table.
(b) The sound of her husband shoveling snow from the drive.
(c) Christmas carolers at the front door.
(d) A warm house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions was not something Joan did prior to her husband's arrival for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights?
2. What did Joan's neighbor think of Joan's job at the fish market?
3. With what did Joan and her husband decorate their Christmas tree in Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights?
4. What did Joan envy about the seals?
5. What news did Joan get about her house in the city after her return from the seal island?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)