|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet, and Chapter 9, Fogged In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Riptide, with what did Joan think she needed to fall in love?
(a) The book she was writing.
(b) Her life and herself.
(d) The cottage.
2. Where did Joan and her husband go to work for the Peace Corps in the early days of their marriage?
(a) The Philippines.
3. When Joan's father died, which relative angered Joan by not attending his funeral?
(a) Joan's brother.
(b) Joan's younger son.
(c) Joan's husband.
(d) Joan's older son.
4. Why did Joan think she was better off than the rich local women who bought fish from her in the market?
(a) She was a writer.
(b) Her children were grown.
(c) She was free while they had to live by their husbands' rules.
(d) She was useful in a job, unlike them.
5. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, what was really happening with the lobster the two customers thought was dead?
(a) It was molting.
(b) It was a plastic lobster.
(c) It was sleeping.
(d) It was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
2. How did Joan's husband describe the home he lived in while Joan occupied their Cape Cod cottage?
3. How long was the town's New Year's Day race?
4. Why did Joan want to enter the New Year's Day race?
5. How soon before Christmas was Joan's husband scheduled to arrive at the cottage?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)