|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet, and Chapter 9, Fogged In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, why did Joan think women looked exhausted as the holidays approached?
(a) They had too many parties to plan.
(b) There was a flu epidemic and everyone had the flu.
(c) They were trying to please everyone.
(d) They had too much shopping to do.
2. What did Joan see on her front lawn as she left her house in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide?
(a) A lost puppy.
(b) A for sale sign.
(c) A broken bicycle.
(d) An angel statue.
3. Once Joan's husband left in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, how did Joan react?
(a) She rejoiced.
(b) She begged him to come back.
(c) She cried.
(d) She became afraid.
4. What victory did Joan think she had won when she reached the finish line of the race?
(a) She had entered a new phase of her life.
(b) She showed her husband she could do new things.
(c) She outran her sister.
(d) She proved a middle-aged woman could run fast.
5. Because Joan entertained their guests at parties while her husband sat quietly in the corner, how did Joan's husband describe himself and his wife?
(a) Joan was champagne while he was plain water.
(b) Joan was Technicolor while he was black-and-white.
(c) Joan was a diamond while he was cubic zirconium.
(d) Joan was an extrovert while he was an introvert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hauled and chopped wood for Joan during her stay at the cottage?
2. Which of the following actions was not something Joan did prior to her husband's arrival for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights?
3. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
4. What news did Joan get about her house in the city after her return from the seal island?
5. Which of Joan's relatives got multiple scholarship offers from Ivy League colleges?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)