|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet, and Chapter 9, Fogged In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joan Erickson looking into getting instead of a car to transport herself around town?
(a) A motorized wheelchair.
(b) A skateboard.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A golf cart or three-wheel bicycle.
2. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
(a) As an equal partner.
(b) As breadwinner.
(c) As Joan's protector.
(d) As the victim of Joan's nagging.
3. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
(a) Her husband walking the dog.
(b) Joshua Cahoon jogging.
(c) The neighborhood children walking to school.
(d) The sunrise.
4. How old was Joan Erickson when Joan met her?
5. Who honked her horn and flashed her lights and encouraged an exhausted Joan to continue the race when Joan was about to quit?
(b) The fish market owner's wife.
(c) Joan Erickson.
(d) A lady cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In, how long a walk does Joan begin taking each day?
3. What did the other patrons of Larry's PX talk about during Joan's first visit to the PX?
4. How soon before Christmas was Joan's husband scheduled to arrive at the cottage?
5. What did Joan think her role in her marriage would be?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)