|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet, and Chapter 9, Fogged In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joan and her husband decide to spend Christmas together during their separation year?
(a) Neither of them wanted to be alone.
(b) They missed each other.
(c) They wanted to make Joan's ailing mother happy.
(d) They wanted to make a show of unity for their children.
2. During her stay at the cottage, what fact did Joan not reveal to her neighbors and coworkers about her marriage?
(a) That she was married to a much younger man.
(b) That she and her husband were separated.
(c) That it was a sham and she was not truly married.
(d) That she was married to a man who had been in prison.
3. Why did Joan want to enter the New Year's Day race?
(a) She ran for charity.
(b) She ran with her new neighbors and coworkers.
(c) She wanted to prove she was still fast at her age.
(d) She had neglected her body and wanted to be more fit.
4. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Joan Erickson.
(c) Her coworkers at the fish market.
(d) Joshua Cahoon.
5. Which of Joan's relatives got multiple scholarship offers from Ivy League colleges?
(a) Her oldest son.
(b) Her youngest son.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her older brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joan think she was better off than the rich local women who bought fish from her in the market?
2. What number did Joan wear in the town's New Year's Day race in Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet?
3. Where would Joan go before she went to meetings with editors?
4. What color was the inside of Nickerson's Fish Market painted?
5. What made Joan miss her sons at the end of Chapter 5, Water Therapy?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)