|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet, and Chapter 9, Fogged In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car did Joan drive at the beginning of the book?
(a) A Toyota Camry.
(b) A Volvo.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Chevrolet Impala.
2. In Chapter 4, Riptide, which of the following was not a task Joan had to do in her job at Nickerson's Fish Market?
(a) Catching fish.
(b) Hauling and weighing fish.
(c) Dealing with customers.
(d) Climbing up to the lobster tanks.
3. What number did Joan wear in the town's New Year's Day race in Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet?
4. Who did Joan ask to take her in his boat to the seal island?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Her oldest son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The fish market owner.
5. Why did Joan want to enter the New Year's Day race?
(a) She wanted to prove she was still fast at her age.
(b) She ran with her new neighbors and coworkers.
(c) She ran for charity.
(d) She had neglected her body and wanted to be more fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
2. What is ebb tide?
3. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
4. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
5. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)