|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, and Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan think her role in her marriage would be?
(a) Nurturer and caregiver.
(b) Pampered housewife.
(c) The breadwinner.
(d) An equal partner.
2. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
(a) As an equal partner.
(b) As the victim of Joan's nagging.
(c) As breadwinner.
(d) As Joan's protector.
3. Which of the following is not something for which Joan's writing money paid during her marriage?
(a) The mortgage.
(b) Her children's education.
(d) Most of the family's extras.
4. What did Joan's neighbor think of Joan's job at the fish market?
(a) That it would pay Joan well.
(b) That it was easy work.
(c) That it was work Joan would love.
(d) That it was men's work.
5. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a plumber.
(c) He was a comedian.
(d) He was a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
2. In Chapter 4, Riptide, with what did Joan think she needed to fall in love?
3. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, what was really happening with the lobster the two customers thought was dead?
4. What did the other patrons of Larry's PX talk about during Joan's first visit to the PX?
5. How long was Joan left alone on Seal Island?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)