|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, and Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joan's relatives got multiple scholarship offers from Ivy League colleges?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her youngest son.
(c) Her oldest son.
(d) Her older brother.
2. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
(a) As an equal partner.
(b) As Joan's protector.
(c) As breadwinner.
(d) As the victim of Joan's nagging.
3. What did Joan's neighbor think of Joan's job at the fish market?
(a) That it was men's work.
(b) That it was easy work.
(c) That it would pay Joan well.
(d) That it was work Joan would love.
4. Which of the following statements was not one of Joan's thoughts about the remark that she had everything she wanted?
(a) What she had was a far cry from what she really desired.
(b) Women got used to wanting only what was available.
(c) She did have everything she wanted.
(d) She had everything she was told she should want.
5. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, what was really happening with the lobster the two customers thought was dead?
(a) It was sleeping.
(b) It was a plastic lobster.
(c) It was molting.
(d) It was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, how many years had passed since Joan's sons had spent Christmas with her?
2. Why did Joan and her husband decide to spend Christmas together during their separation year?
3. What did Joan see on her front lawn as she left her house in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide?
4. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
5. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)