|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, and Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what was Joan's only daily outing for her first three weeks on the island?
(a) Going to the laundromat.
(b) Picking her daughter up from school.
(c) Going to the post office.
(d) Walking her dog.
2. Which of the following was not something that Joan achieved in her early twenties?
(a) She worked in the African bush.
(b) She attended drama school.
(c) She worked as a fashion model in New York.
(d) She sold a magazine story.
3. How long had Joan and her family lived in their big old family house?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Twelve years.
4. What did most people on the island think Joan was in town to do?
(a) Paint and sell her art work.
(b) Sell her family's cottage.
(c) Work on a book.
(d) Recover from an automobile accident.
5. Why did Joan and her husband decide to spend Christmas together during their separation year?
(a) They wanted to make Joan's ailing mother happy.
(b) Neither of them wanted to be alone.
(c) They wanted to make a show of unity for their children.
(d) They missed each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joan and her husband meet?
2. Why did Joan want a job at the fish market?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, what did Joan's husband announce?
4. In Chapter 4, Riptide, which of the following was not a task Joan had to do in her job at Nickerson's Fish Market?
5. How did Joan meet Joshua Cahoon?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)