|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, and Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
(a) Joshua Cahoon jogging.
(b) The neighborhood children walking to school.
(c) Her husband walking the dog.
(d) The sunrise.
2. During her stay at the cottage, what fact did Joan not reveal to her neighbors and coworkers about her marriage?
(a) That she was married to a man who had been in prison.
(b) That she and her husband were separated.
(c) That she was married to a much younger man.
(d) That it was a sham and she was not truly married.
3. What activity did Joan's older son and his wife share?
(d) Roller skating.
4. Why did Joan want a job at the fish market?
(a) She had taxes to pay.
(b) She didn't want to ask her husband for money.
(c) She wanted to work with Joshua Cahoon.
(d) She wanted to feel like a local woman.
5. How soon before Christmas was Joan's husband scheduled to arrive at the cottage?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) He was not coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
2. What was Joan instructed to bring for her trip to the seal island?
3. Why did Joan's old book club always end up canceling their December meetings?
4. In Chapter 3, Seal Sense Analysis, who gave Joan some clams he had dug up?
5. How many Christmas cards did Joan send during her year alone at the cottage?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)