|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, and Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson did the seals teach Joan?
(a) That she needed to interact with animals more.
(b) That she needed to swim more.
(c) That she needed to be in the sea more.
(d) That she needed to live like a child again and enjoy life.
2. How long was Joan left alone on Seal Island?
(a) Eight hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One week.
3. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) An Episcopalian boarding school.
(c) His grandparents' home in Kentucky.
(d) A boarding school in England.
4. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
(a) They stopped talking for a few minutes.
(b) They bought her drinks.
(c) They forbade her to enter the all-male establishment.
(d) They stood up to greet her.
5. What was Larry's PX?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A restaurant where the local fishermen hung out.
(c) A school.
(d) A military store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not something that Joan achieved in her early twenties?
2. In Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, how many years had passed since Joan's sons had spent Christmas with her?
3. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
4. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
5. In Chapter 3, Seal Sense Analysis, who gave Joan some clams he had dug up?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)