|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Wild and Salty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what did men sit while drinking coffee outside the general store?
(a) Old church pews.
(b) Milk cartons.
(c) Rocking chairs.
(d) Wrought iron enches.
2. What did Joan's husband think when Joan made an angel in the snow?
(a) That she had changed and become more free.
(b) That she was funny.
(c) That she was childish.
(d) That she would freeze after laying in the cold, wet snow.
3. What did studying her old photos reveal to Joan about herself?
(a) That she didn't look like her other relatives.
(b) That she fit in by being what others wanted her to be.
(c) That she had been a lonely, homely child.
(d) That she longed for a close family again.
4. Where did Joan and her husband meet?
(a) Penn State.
5. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
(a) He was a plumber.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a comedian.
(d) He was a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factors complicated Joan's first day of clamming?
2. Why did Joan and her husband decide to spend Christmas together during their separation year?
3. What victory did Joan think she had won when she reached the finish line of the race?
4. Which of the following actions was not something Joan did prior to her husband's arrival for Christmas at the beginning of Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights?
5. In Chapter 4, Riptide, with what did Joan think she needed to fall in love?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)