|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Wild and Salty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joan think she was better off than the rich local women who bought fish from her in the market?
(a) She was free while they had to live by their husbands' rules.
(b) She was useful in a job, unlike them.
(c) Her children were grown.
(d) She was a writer.
2. Because Joan entertained their guests at parties while her husband sat quietly in the corner, how did Joan's husband describe himself and his wife?
(a) Joan was a diamond while he was cubic zirconium.
(b) Joan was Technicolor while he was black-and-white.
(c) Joan was champagne while he was plain water.
(d) Joan was an extrovert while he was an introvert.
3. At the church Christmas pageant that Joan and her husband attended n Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights, what were the children dressed as instead of shepherds?
(d) Roman soldiers.
4. What was Larry's PX?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A school.
(c) A restaurant where the local fishermen hung out.
(d) A military store.
5. Which of the following items was not something Joan wished she had brought with her to the seal island?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) Better food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the wife of Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
2. How long did Joan spend alone on the island with the seals in Chapter 15, Wild and Salty?
3. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
4. Which of the following is not something Joan woke up to the morning after her husband's arrival for Christmas?
5. What is ebb tide?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)