|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Wild and Salty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joan's father died, which relative angered Joan by not attending his funeral?
(a) Joan's husband.
(b) Joan's older son.
(c) Joan's brother.
(d) Joan's younger son.
2. Which of Joan's relatives got multiple scholarship offers from Ivy League colleges?
(a) Her youngest son.
(b) Her older brother.
(c) Her oldest son.
(d) Her cousin.
3. Once Joan was dropped off on the seal island, how did she feel?
(b) Afraid, knowing that she was alone if any emergency arose.
(c) Angry, knowing her husband would soon return.
4. What did Joan's neighbor think of Joan's job at the fish market?
(a) That it would pay Joan well.
(b) That it was easy work.
(c) That it was men's work.
(d) That it was work Joan would love.
5. What did Joan think the task of an unfinished woman was?
(a) To acknowledge her life as a work in progress.
(b) To stop living for others.
(c) To become finished.
(d) To become artistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joan Erickson keep herself strong and healthy?
2. Which of the following statements was not something Joan's husband said when she called to ask him if he could help her pay for the broken appliance?
3. What did Joan cook for Memorial Day dinner?
4. What action made the clams spit, i.e. make holes in the sand that revealed where they were?
5. How did Joan think the seals had influenced her life?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)