|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Wild and Salty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many races had Joan run prior to the New Year's Day race?
2. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
(a) At Thanksgiving.
(b) At the beginning of January.
(c) At the end of December.
(d) At Christmas.
3. On what did men sit while drinking coffee outside the general store?
(a) Wrought iron enches.
(b) Rocking chairs.
(c) Old church pews.
(d) Milk cartons.
4. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) Her husband walking the dog.
(c) Joshua Cahoon jogging.
(d) The neighborhood children walking to school.
5. Approximately how many other runners showed up with Joan to participate in the New Year's Day race?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joan decide not to write in her journal on the seal island?
2. Who told Joan she had everything she wanted for Christmas?
3. At the church Christmas pageant that Joan and her husband attended n Chapter 7, Silent Seas, Silent Nights, what were the children dressed as instead of shepherds?
4. What was Larry's PX?
5. While walking with Joan Erickson in Chapter 10, Seal Woman, what animal did Joan see staring into a puddle?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)