|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Riptide, and Chapter 5, Water Therapy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joan think she was better off than the rich local women who bought fish from her in the market?
(a) She was a writer.
(b) She was useful in a job, unlike them.
(c) She was free while they had to live by their husbands' rules.
(d) Her children were grown.
2. What did Joan see on her front lawn as she left her house in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide?
(a) A for sale sign.
(b) An angel statue.
(c) A lost puppy.
(d) A broken bicycle.
3. Which of the following is not something for which Joan's writing money paid during her marriage?
(a) Her children's education.
(b) The mortgage.
(d) Most of the family's extras.
4. Once Joan's husband left in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, how did Joan react?
(a) She rejoiced.
(b) She became afraid.
(c) She cried.
(d) She begged him to come back.
5. How did Joan meet Joshua Cahoon?
(a) He was her editor.
(b) He was her neighbor on Cape Cod.
(c) He sat next to her at Larry's PX.
(d) He worked with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
2. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
3. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
4. Who voided Joan's many mistakes at the fish market cash register?
5. During her stay at the cottage, what fact did Joan not reveal to her neighbors and coworkers about her marriage?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)