|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Riptide, and Chapter 5, Water Therapy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
(a) They attacked her.
(b) They swam alongside her.
(c) They swam away from her.
(d) They ignored her.
2. Once Joan's husband left in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, how did Joan react?
(a) She rejoiced.
(b) She cried.
(c) She begged him to come back.
(d) She became afraid.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, what did Joan's husband announce?
(a) That he wanted a divorce.
(b) That he was taking a job hundreds of miles away.
(c) That he had cancer.
(d) That he had a secret son from a previous romance.
4. What did Joan envy about the seals?
(a) Their warm layer of body fat.
(b) Their home in the ocean.
(c) Their cuteness.
(d) Their swimming skills.
5. What was the dress code at the fish market?
(a) Brown pants and red sweaters.
(b) Black tee-shirts and overalls.
(c) White pants and black tee-shirts.
(d) Jeans or khaki pants with a tucked-in navy blue top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joan and her husband go to work for the Peace Corps in the early days of their marriage?
2. In Chapter 4, Riptide, with what did Joan think she needed to fall in love?
3. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
5. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)