|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Riptide, and Chapter 5, Water Therapy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
(a) They swam away from her.
(b) They ignored her.
(c) They swam alongside her.
(d) They attacked her.
2. What did Joan see on her front lawn as she left her house in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide?
(a) A lost puppy.
(b) A for sale sign.
(c) A broken bicycle.
(d) An angel statue.
3. What did most people on the island think Joan was in town to do?
(a) Paint and sell her art work.
(b) Sell her family's cottage.
(c) Work on a book.
(d) Recover from an automobile accident.
4. Who did Joan ask to take her in his boat to the seal island?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her oldest son.
(c) The fish market owner.
(d) Joshua Cahoon.
5. In Chapter 4, Riptide, which of the following was not a task Joan had to do in her job at Nickerson's Fish Market?
(a) Climbing up to the lobster tanks.
(b) Hauling and weighing fish.
(c) Dealing with customers.
(d) Catching fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
2. What activity did Joan's older son and his wife share?
3. What made Joan miss her sons at the end of Chapter 5, Water Therapy?
4. What did Joan's neighbor think of Joan's job at the fish market?
5. Where did Joan and her husband meet?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)