|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Riptide, and Chapter 5, Water Therapy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ebb tide?
(a) The intermediate time when the tide neither rises nor falls.
(b) The time when the tide rises.
(c) The time when it floods.
(d) The time when the tide falls.
2. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a comedian.
(c) He was a plumber.
(d) He was a doctor.
3. When did Nickerson's Fish Market close for the winter?
(a) At the beginning of January.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) At Thanksgiving.
(d) At the end of December.
4. In Chapter 4, Riptide, what did Joan get up each morning to watch?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) Her husband walking the dog.
(c) Joshua Cahoon jogging.
(d) The neighborhood children walking to school.
5. Who voided Joan's many mistakes at the fish market cash register?
(a) The market owner's wife.
(b) Joan E.
(c) A female coworker.
(d) The market owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joan want a job at the fish market?
2. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
3. What did Joan envy about the seals?
4. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
5. During her stay at the cottage, what fact did Joan not reveal to her neighbors and coworkers about her marriage?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)