|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Riptide, and Chapter 5, Water Therapy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most people on the island think Joan was in town to do?
(a) Recover from an automobile accident.
(b) Sell her family's cottage.
(c) Work on a book.
(d) Paint and sell her art work.
2. What color was the inside of Nickerson's Fish Market painted?
(d) Orange and green.
3. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
4. What is ebb tide?
(a) The time when the tide falls.
(b) The intermediate time when the tide neither rises nor falls.
(c) The time when the tide rises.
(d) The time when it floods.
5. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what was Joan's only daily outing for her first three weeks on the island?
(a) Going to the post office.
(b) Walking her dog.
(c) Going to the laundromat.
(d) Picking her daughter up from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town did Joan and her husband live?
2. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
3. In Chapter 3, Seal Sense Analysis, who gave Joan some clams he had dug up?
4. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
5. What did Joan envy about the seals?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)