|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Seal Woman, and Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Joan's husband describe the home he lived in while Joan occupied their Cape Cod cottage?
(a) A lonely mausoleum.
(b) A chrome and glass condominium.
(c) An overpriced and undersized studio apartment.
(d) An old barn that looked like Ralph Lauren designed it.
2. How old was Joan Erickson when Joan met her?
3. What did Joan Erickson's cousin do for a living?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was a psychoanalyst.
(d) He was a soldier.
4. What did Hazel do for a living?
(a) She was a pediatrician.
(b) She was an ophthalmologist.
(c) She was an accountant.
(d) She was an attorney.
5. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
(a) Her agent retired, leaving her agentless.
(b) Her editor quit & the new editor hated Joan's writing.
(c) Her collaborator moved & ended their collaboration.
(d) Her publisher went out of business.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, why did Joan think women looked exhausted as the holidays approached?
2. Who voided Joan's many mistakes at the fish market cash register?
3. What was Joan Erickson looking into getting instead of a car to transport herself around town?
4. What term had Joan Erickson's late husband coined?
5. How many races had Joan run prior to the New Year's Day race?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)