|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Seal Woman, and Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joan instructed to bring for her trip to the seal island?
(a) A bathing suit and sunscreen.
(b) A blanket, coat and gloves.
(c) A camera.
(d) Warm clothes and a sandwich.
2. Who told Joan she had everything she wanted for Christmas?
(a) A bearded customer who looked like Santa Claus.
(b) Her boss at the fish market.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
3. What did Hazel do for a living?
(a) She was a pediatrician.
(b) She was an attorney.
(c) She was an ophthalmologist.
(d) She was an accountant.
4. How did Joan's husband describe the home he lived in while Joan occupied their Cape Cod cottage?
(a) A chrome and glass condominium.
(b) An overpriced and undersized studio apartment.
(c) An old barn that looked like Ralph Lauren designed it.
(d) A lonely mausoleum.
5. What was Hazel's marital state?
(a) She was married.
(b) She was widowed.
(c) She was single and had never been married.
(d) She was divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Joan miss her sons at the end of Chapter 5, Water Therapy?
2. Who honked her horn and flashed her lights and encouraged an exhausted Joan to continue the race when Joan was about to quit?
3. What term had Joan Erickson's late husband coined?
4. What wall decoration from New Mexico made Joan think she was at a crossroads in her life?
5. Who was Joan Erickson's late husband?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)