|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Seal Woman, and Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow, who came to Cape Cod to shoot a film?
(a) Joan's older son.
(c) A famous Hollywood producer.
(d) Joan's nephew.
2. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, what was really happening with the lobster the two customers thought was dead?
(a) It was molting.
(b) It was a plastic lobster.
(c) It was sleeping.
(d) It was ill.
3. What did Hazel cook Joan for breakfast?
(a) An omelet.
(b) Oatmeal and buttered toast.
(c) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
(d) Blueberry pancakes.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, Waves of Truth, what was Joan's morning ritual as winter approached?
(a) To put a log on the stove and heat water for tea.
(b) To take a leisurely shower.
(c) To sleep late and breakfast on oatmeal and toast.
(d) To rise early to watch the seagulls.
5. Which of Joan's relatives got multiple scholarship offers from Ivy League colleges?
(a) Her youngest son.
(b) Her oldest son.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
2. Why did Joan want a job at the fish market?
3. What number did Joan wear in the town's New Year's Day race in Chapter 8, Getting My Feet Wet?
4. How soon before Christmas was Joan's husband scheduled to arrive at the cottage?
5. Which of the following items was not something Joan wished she had brought with her to the seal island?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)