|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Seal Woman, and Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joan Erickson looking into getting instead of a car to transport herself around town?
(a) A golf cart or three-wheel bicycle.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A motorized wheelchair.
(d) A skateboard.
2. Approximately how many other runners showed up with Joan to participate in the New Year's Day race?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
3. What did Joan decide at the end of her month of increased socializing in Chapter 11, Ebb and Flow?
(a) She was in control of her life & when guests came and left.
(b) She missed her husband.
(c) She liked being around other people.
(d) She hated socializing.
4. Who hauled and chopped wood for Joan during her stay at the cottage?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Joan's husband.
(d) The fish market owner.
5. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
(a) Six thirty.
(b) Four thirty.
(c) Five thirty.
(d) Eight thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Larry's PX?
2. Where did Joan Erickson tell Joan A. was the only place to find answers about herself?
3. How did Joan think she was like beach glass?
4. Who was Hazel?
5. How did Joan Erickson keep herself strong and healthy?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)