|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joan want to enter the New Year's Day race?
(a) She ran with her new neighbors and coworkers.
(b) She wanted to prove she was still fast at her age.
(c) She had neglected her body and wanted to be more fit.
(d) She ran for charity.
2. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
(a) Joan Erickson.
(b) Her coworkers at the fish market.
(c) Joshua Cahoon.
(d) Her neighbor.
3. Who was paying for the work of the men Joan found at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
(a) Joan's husband.
(b) Joan's older son and his wife.
(d) The fishermen.
4. What did Joan conclude while visiting the general store?
(a) That she wanted to stay in Cape Cod.
(b) That she wanted to divorce her husband.
(c) That she wanted to move to Europe.
(d) That she wanted to have another baby.
5. How did Joan Erickson keep herself strong and healthy?
(a) She walked a couple of miles every day.
(b) She was a vegetarian.
(c) She took vitamins every day.
(d) She swam a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the inside of Nickerson's Fish Market painted?
2. What was Joan Erickson looking into getting instead of a car to transport herself around town?
3. Which of Joan's relatives got multiple scholarship offers from Ivy League colleges?
4. Why did Joan want a job at the fish market?
5. At the end of Chapter 14, Safe Harbor, who did Joan realize was planning to live with her in the cottage?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)