|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Safe Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Joan's oldest son and his wife going for a bike trip once leaving the cottage after Memorial Day?
(a) The Far East.
2. What kind of car did Joan's oldest son own?
(a) A Dodge.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Toyota.
3. Who was paying for the work of the men Joan found at her cottage upon her return from the general store?
(a) The fishermen.
(c) Joan's husband.
(d) Joan's older son and his wife.
4. What career loss did Joan suffer at the beginning of Chapter 9, Fogged In?
(a) Her collaborator moved & ended their collaboration.
(b) Her agent retired, leaving her agentless.
(c) Her editor quit & the new editor hated Joan's writing.
(d) Her publisher went out of business.
5. How long was the town's New Year's Day race?
(a) One mile.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Fifty yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Water Therapy, who invites Joan to have a glass of wine and talk?
2. What things did Joan notice during her bicycle ride in Chapter 14, Safe Harbor?
3. What beverage did Joan buy at the general store?
4. What did most people on the island think Joan was in town to do?
5. During her bicycle ride, what words did Joan see on a sign in front of the Methodist Church?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)