|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meg realize she's the only one who can rescue Charles Wallace?
(a) They know and understand each other best.
(b) She's the closest in age to him.
(c) She's already professional at tessering.
(d) She has memorized the streets and buildings on Camazotz.
2. How do the Beasts help Meg recover?
(a) They make her feel safe and secure.
(b) They cleanse her through a series of hot baths.
(c) They hypnotize her using positive thoughts.
(d) They give her wild herbs that cure her paralysis.
3. Mrs. Whatsit says that if the Happy Medium could always tell them what was going to happen, they would be just like the people of Camazotz because:
(a) They would have to live on a dark planet.
(b) They would have no lives of their own.
(c) They would eat very uninteresting food.
(d) They would skip rope and bounce balls.
4. Aside from Mrs. Whatsit, who else is certain that Meg will not encounter a fatal danger when she goes to rescue Charles Wallace?
(a) Mr. Murry.
(b) Aunt Beast.
(c) The Happy Medium.
5. Why does Mr. Murry hand Mrs. Who's glasses back to Meg in Chapter 11?
(a) He doesn't believe in Mrs. Who, so he feels no need to keep them.
(b) They didn't work as Mrs. Who said they would.
(c) They are ugly and don't look nice on him.
(d) Their virtue has gone and they are now only glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Meg rushes to the object with her father inside?
2. How does Calvin nearly break Charles Wallace out of his spell in Chapter 9?
3. Despite escaping IT with her father, why does Meg feel things have gotten worse and worse?
4. After being hypnotized, what does Charles Wallace call Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which?
5. What sense do the Beasts not have that surprises Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Murry tell Calvin about his experience in Camazotz that leads Meg to doubt her father?
2. People on Camazotz refer to IT but never define what IT is. Why?
3. Describe Meg's reaction to the Beast who first touches her cheek with its tentacle.
4. In Chapter 10, what disappoints Meg most about her father?
5. Although the children refuse to obey the command of Man with Red Eyes to recite the multiplication tables, he is hardly discouraged because they're still young. "The younger the better," he says. What does he mean?
6. Relate the message Mrs. Which gives Meg when she lands for the second time on Camazotz.
7. When Meg comes to in Chapter 10, she doesn't know where she is and she can't move. What has happened to her after tessering from Camazotz?
8. Back on Earth at the end of the book, what does Mr. Murry say about something he needs to do?
9. What does Meg realize for a short moment about herself when Charles points out how being different can lead to unhappiness?
10. Who does Aunt Beast resemble?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)