|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of the Beasts insist that Meg gets treated promptly?
(a) Because the coldness of the Black Thing burns.
(b) Because the coldness of the Black Thing causes flu.
(c) Because the Black Thing has paralzyed her brain.
(d) Because she's experiencing nausea.
2. What happens when Mr. Murry puts Mrs. Who's glasses on?
(a) He reads a massive book in ten seconds.
(b) He gets out of the glass column.
(c) He complains that they are not his glasses.
(d) Nothing happens.
3. What happens when Meg rushes to the object with her father inside?
(a) She crashes into it.
(b) She stands and looks at her father in disbelief.
(c) She smashes it and jumps inside.
(d) She presses her nose against it and looks at her father.
4. Where does Charles Wallace take Meg, Calvin and Mr. Murry in Chapter 9?
(a) To a room where they meet the man with Red Eyes.
(b) To a dungeon.
(c) To see IT.
(d) To a secret hiding place.
5. What sense do the Beasts not have that surprises Meg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meg so cold in her paralysis?
2. After she tessers with her father and Calvin out of Camazotz, what happens to Meg?
3. Why does Meg conclude in Chapter 10 that her father isn't very good at tessering?
4. How does Charles Wallace react to Meg rushing to the object containing their father in Chapter 9?
5. Charles Wallace pulls Meg and Calvin aside in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building to tell them what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate the message Mrs. Which gives Meg when she lands for the second time on Camazotz.
2. Meg and Calvin accuse the Man with Red Eyes of hypnotizing Charles Wallace. The Man with Red Eyes says that's a "primitive" way of describing what he's done. How would you describe it?
3. Calvin says that if three of the Beasts arrived on his planet, he would shoot them. What does that say about his beliefs?
4. The Beasts have a much smaller vocabulary than the humans, yet they are very capable of communicating well. Why is that?
5. Describe Mr. Murry when the children see him in Chapter 9.
6. Other than being forced, is there another reason that makes Meg follow Charles Wallace when he says he'll lead them to their father?
7. Describe Meg's reaction to the Beast who first touches her cheek with its tentacle.
8. Aside from being impatient, how else would you describe Meg?
9. Do you think it's dawning on Meg at all by Chapter 11 that she might end up rescuing her little brother on her own?
10. Describe IT and your first reaction to reading what IT actually is.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)