|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
(a) The most bizarre and frightening child in school.
(b) The most intelligent and cooperative child in school.
(c) The most beautiful and brilliant child in school.
(d) The most belligerent, uncooperative child in school.
2. When Charles Wallace, Meg, and Calvin enter town on Camazotz, what do they think is odd about the children?
(a) They are all skipping rope and bouncing balls in rhythm.
(b) They speak a strange language.
(c) They aren't children but small adults.
(d) They hold skip ropes and balls but aren't play with them.
3. Why isn't Charles Wallace scared or suspicious of Mrs. Who when he meets her?
(a) Because Calvin is there to protect them.
(b) Because Fortinbras, their dog, doesn't bark or growl.
(c) Because Mrs. Who sews things for them.
(d) Because Fortinbras, the dog, barks loudly.
4. What is the weather like the night Mrs. Whatsit appeared at the Murry house?
(a) Rainy and hailing.
(b) Dark and stormy.
(c) Sunny and breezy.
(d) Overcast, about to rain.
5. When the children and the ladies are about to tesser in Chapter 5, who goes first?
(a) Charles Wallace.
(b) Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which.
(d) Charles Wallace, Calvin and Meg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose vegetable garden do Meg and Calvin walk through in Chapter 3?
2. Just as Calvin tells Meg she has "dream-boat eyes," who appears from out of nowhere?
3. What is the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 wearing and doing?
4. Who appears after Mrs. Whatsit and Mrs. Who, proclaiming that "weee hhave mmuch ttoo ddoo?"
5. Who do Charles Wallace, Meg and Fortinbras meet at the house in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Whatsit use the example of an insect traveling across a piece of string to explain how she and the other women "tesser?"
2. Why does the image of Calvin's mother make the Happy Medium react in a negative way?
3. Describe the dark shadow's power over the children after they see it.
4. Describe Calvin's family life as he tells it to the Murrys.
5. Name some of the sensations Meg experiences as she tessers for the first time.
6. What was Mrs Whatsit and what did she do before she became who she is now?
7. What upsets Charles Wallace and Meg about finding Calvin at the haunted house?
8. Why do the children need the flowers during the flight with Mrs. Whatsit?
9. Why does Meg sob heavily when she discovers her father is probably behind the Dark Thing?
10. Why is Meg so perturbed that Charles Wallace and Mrs. Murry are so quick to welcome Mrs. Whatsit into their home?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)