|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles Wallace offer to make in the kitchen?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
(c) Cheese and macaroni.
(d) Cocoa and a liverwurst-and-cream-cheese sandwich.
2. How old does Mrs. Whatsit say she is?
(a) Twenty years old because she was born on Leap Year.
(b) She can't remember she's so old.
(c) 2,379,152,497 years, 8 months and 3 days.
(d) About one hundred years old.
3. What happens in Chapter 4 when Meg suddenly finds herself alone in darkness and has no sense of where she is?
(a) She's very sleepy and awakens in the darkness.
(b) Strange people appear before her.
(c) She's tired and wishes she could go back to sleep.
(d) She can't feel her body or anything around her.
4. Why does Meg get into a fight with a boy after school?
(a) Because he called her twin brothers normal.
(b) Because he called her little brother dumb.
(c) The boy grabs her books from her.
(d) The boy makes fun of her glasses.
5. Whose vegetable garden do Meg and Calvin walk through in Chapter 3?
(a) The Twins' vegetable garden.
(b) Meg's vegetable garden.
(c) Charles Wallace's vegetable garden.
(d) The neighbors' vegetable garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the kids return home in Chapter 3, what is Mrs. Murry doing in her lab?
2. When the children and the ladies are about to tesser in Chapter 5, who goes first?
3. Through Charles Wallace, readers discover that Mrs. Whatsit took something from Mrs. Buncombe. What did she take?
4. After their dinner with Calvin, what does Mrs. Murry admit to Meg?
5. Along the way, Meg hears some birds who seem to be telling her something. Who translates their words for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you find it believable that Charles Wallace, a five-year-old boy who has not yet started school, is so articulate, so well-spoken and so assured of himself?
2. How does seeing her planet from a distance covered in a black haze help Meg better understand her home?
3. Name some of the sensations Meg experiences as she tessers for the first time.
4. What does Mrs. Whatsit give to each of the children before they part on Camazotz?
5. How would you define the tesseract?
6. What's the first thing the children notice about Camazotz that indicates it's a strange place?
7. Why does Meg have such a hard time fitting in at school?
8. In Chapter 3, is Meg happy that she met Calvin, a popular athlete at school, or that she might be seeing her father again?
9. How would you explain the reason(s) for Meg's anger?
10. What upsets Charles Wallace and Meg about finding Calvin at the haunted house?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)