|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite what Mr. Jenkins the Principal says, Meg still believes her father is returning. Why?
(a) Because Charles Wallace said he is coming back.
(b) Because her father called the earlier in the week.
(c) Because the government just notified her about him.
(d) Because her mother believes it.
2. In Chapter 5, when does Mrs. Whatsit say the children will return home?
(a) About five minutes before they left.
(b) Unless something goes wrong, in one year.
(c) In a few days unless something goes wrong.
(d) With any luck, in five weeks.
3. Before dinner is served in Chapter 3, Mrs. Murry tells Meg to do what?
(a) Write in her journal.
(b) Finish her homework.
(c) Take out the garbage.
(d) Clean the house.
4. Where is Meg's bedroom?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the basement.
(c) At the back of the house.
(d) She shares a room with Charles Wallace.
5. What worries Charles Wallace about going to school next year?
(a) He thinks he'll be bored to death
(b) He thinks it will be hard to fit in.
(c) He thinks that if he plays dumb, he'll become dumb.
(d) He thinks he knows nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the children fly up in Chapter 4, why does Meg look at Charles Wallace with a bit of sadness?
2. Why are Sandy and Dennys upset that they weren't awakened when the "tramp" was in the house?
3. Why isn't Charles Wallace scared or suspicious of Mrs. Who when he meets her?
4. What did Mrs. Whatsit not mean to tell the children about being a star?
5. What does the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 call Charles Wallace and Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the first thing the children notice about Camazotz that indicates it's a strange place?
2. Mrs. Whatsit says that when they return back to earth, Mrs. Murry won't notice that they were gone at all. Why?
3. Is it a good idea to bring the children to Uriel before traveling to the next planet?
4. Why does Meg have such a hard time fitting in at school?
5. Can you describe Mrs. Which, as seen in Chapter 3?
6. In Chapter 3, is Meg happy that she met Calvin, a popular athlete at school, or that she might be seeing her father again?
7. How would you define the tesseract?
8. Do you find it believable that Charles Wallace, a five-year-old boy who has not yet started school, is so articulate, so well-spoken and so assured of himself?
9. As Charles Wallace and Meg head into the woods to the haunted house, several things happen between these two siblings that show their closeness. Name one thing that happens and how it demonstrates their close bond.
10. Why is it important to know that Mrs. Whatsit is over two million years old?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)