|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Sandy and Dennys upset that they weren't awakened when the "tramp" was in the house?
(a) They wanted to retrieve Mrs. Buncombe's sheets.
(b) They wanted to report the tramp to the police.
(c) Because they wanted to protect their mother and family.
(d) Because they wanted to join the fun.
2. What impresses the twins about Calvin more than Meg?
(a) His height.
(b) His athletic record.
(c) His appetite for stew and jell-o.
(d) His red hair.
3. What prompted Calvin to go to the haunted house?
(a) A school assignment.
(b) Someone told Calvin that he would find a treasure there.
(c) A compulsion that he simply needed to go there.
(d) He got lost on his way home.
4. In what dimension do Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which travel?
(a) The fifth dimension.
(b) The infinite dimension.
(c) The tenth dimension.
(d) The fourth dimension.
5. Why does Mrs. Whatsit give each child a flower for the journey?
(a) So that they will look nice during their journey.
(b) The flowers will give them the oxygen they will need.
(c) The flowers smell nice at high altitudes.
(d) Because the flowers have magical qualities.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the children and the ladies are about to tesser in Chapter 5, who goes first?
2. Who appears after Mrs. Whatsit and Mrs. Who, proclaiming that "weee hhave mmuch ttoo ddoo?"
3. When Meg enters the kitchen at the beginning of the book, who is already there?
4. Why does Dennys believe that Charles Wallace will have a hard time in school next year?
5. Where does Charles Wallace say Mrs. Whatsit lives with her two friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Happy Medium shows Meg her mother, she reacts with anger. Why might this reaction be a good thing this time?
2. Do you find it believable that Charles Wallace, a five-year-old boy who has not yet started school, is so articulate, so well-spoken and so assured of himself?
3. How would you define the tesseract?
4. As Charles Wallace and Meg head into the woods to the haunted house, several things happen between these two siblings that show their closeness. Name one thing that happens and how it demonstrates their close bond.
5. In Chapter 3, is Meg happy that she met Calvin, a popular athlete at school, or that she might be seeing her father again?
6. What is going on as the story begins?
7. Why is Meg so perturbed that Charles Wallace and Mrs. Murry are so quick to welcome Mrs. Whatsit into their home?
8. Is Charles Wallace a little too protective of Meg? Does he keep her from growing up?
9. How does seeing her planet from a distance covered in a black haze help Meg better understand her home?
10. Mrs. Whatsit and Mrs. Who continue to elaborate about the fight against the Black Thing by naming other fighters. Who are some of those fighters, and what does it say about the Black Thing?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)