|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When all of the main characters get back to Earth, where do they land?
(a) In the Murry's kitchen.
(b) In the haunted house.
(c) In the twins' vegetable garden.
(d) In the lab.
2. After the Man with Red Eyes orders his men to release Meg and Calvin, he identifies himself as __________________.
(a) The Prime Coordinator.
(b) The Prime Suspect.
(c) The Deputy Head of CENTRAL Central Intelligence.
(d) The Prime Planner.
3. Who comes up with the idea for the name "Aunt Beast"?
(a) Mr. Murry.
(c) The beast.
(d) One of the other beasts.
4. Why does Mr. Murry hand Mrs. Who's glasses back to Meg in Chapter 11?
(a) Their virtue has gone and they are now only glass.
(b) They didn't work as Mrs. Who said they would.
(c) He doesn't believe in Mrs. Who, so he feels no need to keep them.
(d) They are ugly and don't look nice on him.
5. What happens when Meg rushes to the object with her father inside?
(a) She smashes it and jumps inside.
(b) She presses her nose against it and looks at her father.
(c) She crashes into it.
(d) She stands and looks at her father in disbelief.
6. Mrs. Whatsit says the reason that Mr. Murry is bad at tessering is:
(a) He always does it with his eyes closed.
(b) He lacks good coordination.
(c) That he still treats it like he's working with a machine.
(d) He treats it like an everyday event.
7. When Meg is reunited with her father at the Beasts' dining table, why does she feel distant from him?
(a) He's not properly concerned about Charles Wallace.
(b) He seems more determined to get back to his wife.
(c) He doesn't show much interest in her recovery.
(d) He's not sweet and soft nor as tall as the Beasts.
8. Charles does something to the man with strange eyes that he learned from his older twin brothers. What does he do?
(a) He challenges the man to a game of chess.
(b) He slaps the man, not too harshly, on his hands.
(c) He hits the man as hard as he can.
(d) He takes the man by the hand and dances with him.
9. Why is Meg so cold in her paralysis?
(a) She didn't bring any warm clothing.
(b) She is lying on a snow-covered area.
(c) She has a circulation problem and easily gets cold.
(d) Because she tessered through the Black Thing.
10. What gift does Mrs. Whatsit give to Meg before she leaves on her rescue mission at the end of the novel?
(b) A weatherproof cape.
11. What does Calvin attempt with Charles Wallace in Chapter 8 that nearly costs him and Meg to lose their chance to get to Mr. Murry?
(a) He hugs Charles warmly and congratulates him.
(b) He tries to trick him into thinking he and Meg agree.
(c) He punches Charles very hard.
(d) He tries to pin Charles to the floor.
12. Once Charles Wallace has been successfully hypnotized by the man with strange eyes, how does Meg react?
(a) She sits and watches him become someone else.
(b) She considers following her brother in hypnosis.
(c) She smashes Charles Wallace's plate on the floor.
(d) She cries and passes out.
13. When one of the Things scoops Meg up, what does it tell Mr. Murry it's doing?
(a) Taking the child.
(b) Adopting Meg.
(c) Curing her paralysis.
(d) Cradling her to sing her lullabies.
14. Why won't the Mrs. W's help Mr. Murry tesser back to Camazotz?
(a) Because they somehow know he will not succeed.
(b) Because they are not good at tessering themselves.
(c) Because they instantly dislike Mr. Murry.
(d) Because they're too tired to teach proper tessering.
15. Why does Meg realize she's the only one who can rescue Charles Wallace?
(a) She has memorized the streets and buildings on Camazotz.
(b) She's already professional at tessering.
(c) They know and understand each other best.
(d) She's the closest in age to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite escaping IT with her father, why does Meg feel things have gotten worse and worse?
2. What is Charles Wallace's interesting explanation for the lack of conflict on Camazotz?
3. What is the reminder Mrs. Whatsit says about Camazotz that pains Meg?
4. Why can't Charles Wallace taste any of the food in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building?
5. Why is Mr. Murry able to keep from being absorbed by IT?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)