|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meg is about to leave on her rescue mission, why does she ask her father for forgiveness?
(a) Because she called him a bad father.
(b) Because she said she hated him.
(c) She made him feel bad.
(d) Because she accused him of hating Charles Wallace.
2. What finally saves Mr. Murry from being absorbed by IT?
(a) His superior intelligence.
(b) Seeing Charles Wallace absorbed into IT.
(c) Seeing Meg and Calvin restores his faith.
(d) Meeting Mrs. Who.
3. Why does Mr. Murry hand Mrs. Who's glasses back to Meg in Chapter 11?
(a) Their virtue has gone and they are now only glass.
(b) They didn't work as Mrs. Who said they would.
(c) He doesn't believe in Mrs. Who, so he feels no need to keep them.
(d) They are ugly and don't look nice on him.
4. When all of the main characters get back to Earth, where do they land?
(a) In the haunted house.
(b) In the Murry's kitchen.
(c) In the twins' vegetable garden.
(d) In the lab.
5. In Chapter 11, Calvin urges Meg to try explaining to everyone who Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which are, but when Meg tries, she fumbles. Why?
(a) She can't remember what each woman looks like.
(b) She only describes the women's appearances.
(c) She realizes that she liked Mrs. Whatsit the most.
(d) Since her paralysis, she has forgotten many words.
6. How does Charles Wallace react to Meg rushing to the object containing their father in Chapter 9?
(a) He rushes to help her up.
(b) He cries.
(c) He jumps in front of her and blocks her view.
(d) He laughs.
7. Charles Wallace pulls Meg and Calvin aside in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building to tell them what?
(a) Get hypnotized because it might help him fit in at school.
(b) Meet with Mrs. Whatsit and see if she'll let him go on his own.
(c) Leave this CENTRAL Central Intelligence place.
(d) To let the Man with the Red Eyes hypnotize him.
8. What happens when Meg rushes to the object with her father inside?
(a) She stands and looks at her father in disbelief.
(b) She presses her nose against it and looks at her father.
(c) She crashes into it.
(d) She smashes it and jumps inside.
9. What do Calvin, Meg, and Charles Wallace see at the end of the room filled with machines in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building?
(a) A platform with just a chair on it and nothing else.
(b) A platform made to look like a boxing ring.
(c) A platform with ballerinas dancing to music.
(d) A platform with a chair, and a man.
10. What does Charles Wallace tell Meg in Chapter 9 that she must do in order to get to her father?
(a) Learn how to rearrange molecules in walls.
(b) Go into IT.
(c) She can't do anything, she should just give up.
(d) Get a sledge hammer to break the column.
11. Why can't Charles Wallace taste any of the food in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building?
(a) He's ill but only discovers it when he eats the food.
(b) He's too scared to taste anything.
(c) He has shut his mind completely to the Man with the Red Eyes.
(d) He has never had turkey before.
12. While in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building, Meg asks for food because she's hungry. What do four men in smocks arrive with moments later?
(a) A table and something that smelled like turkey.
(b) Something that smells like a roasted pig.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Cheeseburgers and fries.
13. Mrs. Whatsit says the reason that Mr. Murry is bad at tessering is:
(a) He treats it like an everyday event.
(b) That he still treats it like he's working with a machine.
(c) He lacks good coordination.
(d) He always does it with his eyes closed.
14. What does Meg do when Charles Wallace doesn't let her inside the object containing her father?
(a) She gets down on her knees and begs.
(b) She kicks him in the head and knocks him down.
(c) She tries to reason with him.
(d) She hurls herself at him.
15. What is the name of the Beasts' planet?
(b) Land of the Beasts.
(c) Little Uriel.
(d) Camazotz Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Man with Red Eyes orders his men to release Meg and Calvin, he identifies himself as __________________.
2. What gift does Mrs. Whatsit give to Meg before she leaves on her rescue mission at the end of the novel?
3. How do the Beasts help Meg recover?
4. How did Mr. Murry end up on Camazotz?
5. Charles does something to the man with strange eyes that he learned from his older twin brothers. What does he do?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)