|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense do the Beasts not have that surprises Meg?
2. What is it that Meg has but IT does not have?
(a) The ability to remember.
(b) The ability to work math.
(c) The ability to love.
(d) The ability to reason.
3. Why does Mr. Murry hand Mrs. Who's glasses back to Meg in Chapter 11?
(a) Their virtue has gone and they are now only glass.
(b) They didn't work as Mrs. Who said they would.
(c) They are ugly and don't look nice on him.
(d) He doesn't believe in Mrs. Who, so he feels no need to keep them.
4. What does Calvin attempt with Charles Wallace in Chapter 8 that nearly costs him and Meg to lose their chance to get to Mr. Murry?
(a) He tries to trick him into thinking he and Meg agree.
(b) He tries to pin Charles to the floor.
(c) He hugs Charles warmly and congratulates him.
(d) He punches Charles very hard.
5. What do Calvin, Meg, and Charles Wallace see at the end of the room filled with machines in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building?
(a) A platform with a chair, and a man.
(b) A platform with just a chair on it and nothing else.
(c) A platform made to look like a boxing ring.
(d) A platform with ballerinas dancing to music.
6. What is the reminder Mrs. Whatsit says about Camazotz that pains Meg?
(a) That Charles Wallace has no desire to be rescued.
(b) That if they will likely be imprisoned and put to sleep.
(c) That they have never been interested in Camazotz.
(d) That the Mrs. W's cannot do anything on Camazotz.
7. Why is Mr. Murry unsure how long he was imprisoned on Camazotz?
(a) Because Camazotz rotates backwards on its axis.
(b) Because his captors played mind games with him.
(c) Because time there is inverted.
(d) Because no one uses clocks or calendars there.
8. In Chapter 11, when Mr. Murry demands the Beasts put Meg down, who do they ask to speak with?
(c) Mrs. Murry.
9. When one of the Things scoops Meg up, what does it tell Mr. Murry it's doing?
(a) Taking the child.
(b) Curing her paralysis.
(c) Adopting Meg.
(d) Cradling her to sing her lullabies.
10. What does Meg give her father in Chapter 9 when she realizes what is wrong with him upon their being reunited?
(a) A family photograph.
(b) Mrs. Who's glasses.
(c) Some food.
(d) A lock of her mother's hair.
11. In Chapter 8, Charles says everything on Camazotz is in order. Why?
(a) Because everybody rebels against tradition.
(b) Because there is no leader on the planet.
(c) Because everybody goes to a party everyday.
(d) Because everybody has learned to submit.
12. What happens when Meg rushes to the object with her father inside?
(a) She smashes it and jumps inside.
(b) She crashes into it.
(c) She stands and looks at her father in disbelief.
(d) She presses her nose against it and looks at her father.
13. While in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building, Meg asks for food because she's hungry. What do four men in smocks arrive with moments later?
(a) Something that smells like a roasted pig.
(b) A table and something that smelled like turkey.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Cheeseburgers and fries.
14. Why does Meg realize she's the only one who can rescue Charles Wallace?
(a) They know and understand each other best.
(b) She's already professional at tessering.
(c) She's the closest in age to him.
(d) She has memorized the streets and buildings on Camazotz.
15. Why won't the Mrs. W's help Mr. Murry tesser back to Camazotz?
(a) Because they are not good at tessering themselves.
(b) Because they instantly dislike Mr. Murry.
(c) Because they somehow know he will not succeed.
(d) Because they're too tired to teach proper tessering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually gets Meg through the object containing her father and able to get to him?
2. When Meg is about to leave on her rescue mission, why does she ask her father for forgiveness?
3. Charles does something to the man with strange eyes that he learned from his older twin brothers. What does he do?
4. What is the name of the Beasts' planet?
5. When Meg can speak in Chapter 10, she tells her father firmly, in a voice that she has never used with him before that they shouldn't have tessered. Why?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)