|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Route Boy, what is in this most oriented city on the planet?
(a) The largest shopping center in the universe.
(b) An intelligence center that prevents crimes from ever happening,
(c) A crime syndicate that rules the planets.
2. Where does Charles Wallace say Mrs. Whatsit lives with her two friends?
(a) In the old shingled house in the back of the woods.
(b) In the house around the corner from theirs.
(c) In a large building in the neighboring town.
(d) In the old shingled house across the street.
3. Why does the Happy Medium feel embarrassed when she shows Calvin's mother in her crystal ball?
(a) Because she curses between every word.
(b) Because she's messy, ugly and yells at her children.
(c) She's so beautiful that she worries Meg will be jealous.
(d) Because she's not wearing any clothing.
4. Meg asks her mother to tell her more about the tesseract in Chapter 3, but what does Mrs. Murry tell her instead?
(a) Walk to the supermarket and pick up some milk.
(b) Walk to the library and research it herself.
(c) Go for a walk with Calvin.
(d) To forget about it; it was nothing after all.
5. Why does Meg get into a fight with a boy after school?
(a) Because he called her little brother dumb.
(b) Because he called her twin brothers normal.
(c) The boy grabs her books from her.
(d) The boy makes fun of her glasses.
6. What is Meg's first impression of Camazotz upon arriving?
(a) There's something frightening about it.
(b) It is so welcoming that she wants to stay forever.
(c) It looks very much like earth.
(d) It is so eerie she cannot imagine anything living there.
7. After their dinner with Calvin, what does Mrs. Murry admit to Meg?
(a) She is still in love with Meg's father.
(b) Calvin has really bad manners.
(c) She misses Meg's father's great cooking.
(d) She wishes that Meg's father were at the dinner table.
8. What is the weather like the night Mrs. Whatsit appeared at the Murry house?
(a) Rainy and hailing.
(b) Overcast, about to rain.
(c) Sunny and breezy.
(d) Dark and stormy.
9. How many children are bouncing balls out of rhythm in Camazotz?
(b) Not one.
(d) Just one.
10. What does Calvin do in Chapter 4 that Mrs. Whatsit tells him never to do in her presence?
(a) He falls to his knees.
(b) He turns his back on her.
(c) He bows deeply and kisses her hand.
(d) He spits.
11. Who are the children and the ladies going to visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The Happy Medium.
(b) A very old cranky woman.
(c) Mrs. Who's parents.
(d) A wise old man.
12. Why does Calvin come to the house in Chapter 2?
(a) Because he thought it would be neat to live on his own.
(b) Because he's homeless and looking for shelter.
(c) Because he's avoiding his family.
(d) Because his family kicked him out of their house.
13. What prompted Calvin to go to the haunted house?
(a) A school assignment.
(b) Someone told Calvin that he would find a treasure there.
(c) A compulsion that he simply needed to go there.
(d) He got lost on his way home.
14. What does Mrs. Who tell Meg she must learn in order to help her father?
(a) How to fly a plane.
(b) Pathological lying.
15. As the children fly up in Chapter 4, why does Meg look at Charles Wallace with a bit of sadness?
(a) She feels he's growing away from her.
(b) She thinks he's a secret spy.
(c) She thinks he's being mean to her.
(d) She realizes that he's smarter than she.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Calvin goes to a house to return the ball that a little boy dropped on the street, the boy's mother is reluctant to let him in because ____________________.
2. How does Mrs. Murry explain that Charles Wallace may look like other people but is different?
3. Just as Calvin tells Meg she has "dream-boat eyes," who appears from out of nowhere?
4. In Chapter 5, when does Mrs. Whatsit say the children will return home?
5. What does Mrs. Who give to Meg in Chapter 6?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)