|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Whatsit give each child a flower for the journey?
(a) So that they will look nice during their journey.
(b) Because the flowers have magical qualities.
(c) The flowers will give them the oxygen they will need.
(d) The flowers smell nice at high altitudes.
2. How does Meg react when the Happy Medium shows her mother in the crystal ball?
(a) At first she cries, then resolves to find her father.
(b) She gloats because her mother is so beautiful.
(c) She has no reaction.
(d) She can't stop crying.
3. What did Mrs. Whatsit not mean to tell the children about being a star?
(a) That it was hard work.
(b) That it's better being who she is now.
(c) That she didn't like it at all.
(d) That she loved it.
4. Why does Calvin come to the house in Chapter 2?
(a) Because his family kicked him out of their house.
(b) Because he's avoiding his family.
(c) Because he's homeless and looking for shelter.
(d) Because he thought it would be neat to live on his own.
5. As stated in Chapter 5, how will the group travel?
(a) They will consult another group of women who can fly.
(b) In a special time-space machine.
(c) They will tesser.
(d) They will use a combination of flying and walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg asks her mother to tell her more about the tesseract in Chapter 3, but what does Mrs. Murry tell her instead?
2. What is the weather like the night Mrs. Whatsit appeared at the Murry house?
3. What is Meg's first impression of Camazotz upon arriving?
4. When the Man with the Red Eyes decides to let Meg see her father, who does he assign to take her?
5. According to the Route Boy, what is in this most oriented city on the planet?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)