|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. on what planet have the children landed in Chapter 4?
(a) Uriel, the third planet of the star Malak in the spiral nebula Messier 101.
(b) On an obscure planet whose identity no one knows because it's just a pit-stop.
(c) Orion, the planet where the stars are very close together all the time.
(d) Ariel, the planet where everything is clean because stars shine on it.
2. What does the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 call Charles Wallace and Meg?
(a) Charlsie and Megsie.
(b) Charles Wallace and Meg.
(c) Chuck and Mags.
(d) Charles and his Big Sister.
3. Why does Mrs. Whatsit give each child a flower for the journey?
(a) The flowers smell nice at high altitudes.
(b) The flowers will give them the oxygen they will need.
(c) So that they will look nice during their journey.
(d) Because the flowers have magical qualities.
4. What explanation does Mrs. Whatsit give for stopping on the planet they do in Chapter 4?
(a) To decide whether they should all continue the journey.
(b) For everyone to catch his breath before going on.
(c) To look at the pretty and unusual flowers.
(d) To use the restroom.
5. What does Mrs. Whatsit call Mrs. Murry that "one wouldn't ordinarily think of calling Mrs. Murry?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Before dinner is served in Chapter 3, Mrs. Murry tells Meg to do what?
2. When the kids return home in Chapter 3, what is Mrs. Murry doing in her lab?
3. Who do Charles Wallace, Meg and Fortinbras meet at the house in the woods?
4. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
5. What prompted Calvin to go to the haunted house?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)