|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calvin read to Charles Wallace before putting him to bed in Chapter 3?
(a) The New Testament.
(d) The Lord of the Rings.
2. How did Mrs. Whatsit know where Charles Wallace lived?
(a) By its unique style.
(b) She looked up the directions on a map.
(c) She simply guessed and was correct.
(d) By the smell.
3. After their dinner with Calvin, what does Mrs. Murry admit to Meg?
(a) She wishes that Meg's father were at the dinner table.
(b) She is still in love with Meg's father.
(c) Calvin has really bad manners.
(d) She misses Meg's father's great cooking.
4. What does Charles Wallace offer to make in the kitchen?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
(b) Cocoa and a liverwurst-and-cream-cheese sandwich.
(d) Cheese and macaroni.
5. What is the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 wearing and doing?
(a) She's wearing thick glasses and is sewing.
(b) She's wearing a black suit and is reading a book.
(c) She's wearing sunglasses and is knitting.
(d) She's wearing a witch's costume and is sewing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meg initially not understand the explanation of tessering?
2. What does Calvin call Charles Wallace in Chapter 2?
3. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
4. When Charles Wallace, Meg, and Calvin enter town on Camazotz, what do they think is odd about the children?
5. What does Mrs. Who tell Meg she must learn in order to help her father?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)