|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Meg bored in math class?
(a) Because she doesn't like math and would rather study literature.
(b) Because her father taught her clever shortcuts to solving problems.
(c) Because she would rather solve the world's problems than math problems.
(d) Because nothing the math teacher says makes sense.
2. Whose vegetable garden do Meg and Calvin walk through in Chapter 3?
(a) Charles Wallace's vegetable garden.
(b) The neighbors' vegetable garden.
(c) The Twins' vegetable garden.
(d) Meg's vegetable garden.
3. After Meg, who is the next family member to enter the kitchen in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Murry.
(c) Mr. Murry.
4. Who does Calvin want to call from the Murry home?
(a) His father.
(b) One of his friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
5. What part of the tesseract were Meg's parents working on before her father disappeared?
(a) Going from the fifth to the sixth dimension.
(b) Going from the second to the third dimension.
(c) Going from the fourth to the fifth dimension.
(d) They were still only in the conceptual stages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Whatsit call Mrs. Murry that "one wouldn't ordinarily think of calling Mrs. Murry?"
2. Seeing the picture of Meg's father, who does Calvin say he looks like?
3. Along the way, Meg hears some birds who seem to be telling her something. Who translates their words for her?
4. When Meg finally joins Charles Wallace and Calvin in Chapter 4, what does she first notice about her surroundings?
5. In Chapter 5, where does Mrs. Whatsit say Meg's father is?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)