|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dennys believe that Charles Wallace will have a hard time in school next year?
(a) Charles Wallace has two names instead of one.
(b) Because Charles Wallace is so handsome.
(c) Because people are used to thinking he's dumb.
(d) Charles Wallace can walk but cannot talk.
2. Meg asks her mother to tell her more about the tesseract in Chapter 3, but what does Mrs. Murry tell her instead?
(a) Walk to the supermarket and pick up some milk.
(b) Go for a walk with Calvin.
(c) To forget about it; it was nothing after all.
(d) Walk to the library and research it herself.
3. What explanation does Mrs. Whatsit give for stopping on the planet they do in Chapter 4?
(a) To use the restroom.
(b) To look at the pretty and unusual flowers.
(c) To decide whether they should all continue the journey.
(d) For everyone to catch his breath before going on.
4. According to Mrs. Whatsit, how long has the Dark Thing been darkening the beauty of the earth?
(a) Less than one year.
(b) A good many years.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) About one year.
5. What worries Charles Wallace about going to school next year?
(a) He thinks that if he plays dumb, he'll become dumb.
(b) He thinks he'll be bored to death
(c) He thinks he knows nothing.
(d) He thinks it will be hard to fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. Whatsit metamorphoses, what do the children call her?
2. After their dinner with Calvin, what does Mrs. Murry admit to Meg?
3. How does Mrs. Murry explain that Charles Wallace may look like other people but is different?
4. What does Mrs. Who tell Meg she must learn in order to help her father?
5. Who do the children meet when they enter the haunted house in Chapter 2?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)