|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Whatsit say they do instead of travel at the speed of anything?
(a) They travel at whatever speed of time.
(c) Ride broomsticks.
(d) They jump over ponds.
2. What does the Happy Medium first show in her crystal ball?
(b) The sun.
3. Who was Charles Wallace with when he discovered where Mrs. Whatsit and her friends lived?
(a) Sandy and Dennys.
(b) Mrs. Murry.
(c) No one.
4. What part of the tesseract were Meg's parents working on before her father disappeared?
(a) Going from the second to the third dimension.
(b) They were still only in the conceptual stages.
(c) Going from the fourth to the fifth dimension.
(d) Going from the fifth to the sixth dimension.
5. Why does Meg look at her mother with a mixture of admiration and resentment in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother is pretty and every man wants to marry her.
(b) Her mother works at home and always looks fresh.
(c) Her mother is a kind and beautiful woman, as well as a brilliant scientist.
(d) Her mother is beautiful and speaks fluent French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg asks her mother to tell her more about the tesseract in Chapter 3, but what does Mrs. Murry tell her instead?
2. Who do Charles Wallace, Meg and Fortinbras meet at the house in the woods?
3. What happens in Chapter 4 when Meg suddenly finds herself alone in darkness and has no sense of where she is?
4. What is the weather like the night Mrs. Whatsit appeared at the Murry house?
5. What is the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 wearing and doing?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)