|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meg look at her mother with a mixture of admiration and resentment in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother is pretty and every man wants to marry her.
(b) Her mother is a kind and beautiful woman, as well as a brilliant scientist.
(c) Her mother works at home and always looks fresh.
(d) Her mother is beautiful and speaks fluent French.
2. Charles Wallace and Mrs. Murry offer food to Mrs. Whatsit. She expresses a fondness for what?
(a) Marshmallows and cocoa.
(c) Bread and jam.
(d) Russian caviar.
3. During the tesseract, the children nearly stop somewhere before a voice says they can't because _____________________________.
(a) It's a planet so evil that it will destroy the children.
(b) It's a planet whose dimensions they don't know.
(c) They've accidentally bounced back to earth.
(d) It's a two-dimensional planet where they can't materialize.
4. Who are the children and the ladies going to visit in Chapter 5?
(a) A wise old man.
(b) The Happy Medium.
(c) A very old cranky woman.
(d) Mrs. Who's parents.
5. Who does Mrs. Murry blame for Meg being a little "one-sided?"
(a) Herself and Mr. Murry.
(b) Mr. Murry but not herself.
(c) Sandy and Dennys.
(d) Charles Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Happy Medium reluctant to look at the children's home planet?
2. How does Mrs. Murry explain that Charles Wallace may look like other people but is different?
3. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
4. What happens in Chapter 4 when Meg suddenly finds herself alone in darkness and has no sense of where she is?
5. Why does Charles Wallace agree to take Fortinbras with them into the woods?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)