|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Calvin says he's horrible in math, what does Mrs. Murry suggest he do?
(a) Get help from Charles Wallace who's a genius.
(b) Get a good math tutor.
(c) Get help from Meg who's a math genius.
(d) Give up math and focus on literature.
2. Who do the children meet when they enter the haunted house in Chapter 2?
(a) Mr. Jenkins.
(b) Mrs. Murry.
(c) Mrs. Whatsit.
(d) Mrs. Who.
3. Why are Sandy and Dennys upset that they weren't awakened when the "tramp" was in the house?
(a) They wanted to report the tramp to the police.
(b) Because they wanted to protect their mother and family.
(c) They wanted to retrieve Mrs. Buncombe's sheets.
(d) Because they wanted to join the fun.
4. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
(a) The most intelligent and cooperative child in school.
(b) The most bizarre and frightening child in school.
(c) The most beautiful and brilliant child in school.
(d) The most belligerent, uncooperative child in school.
5. Why does Calvin come to the house in Chapter 2?
(a) Because he's homeless and looking for shelter.
(b) Because he's avoiding his family.
(c) Because his family kicked him out of their house.
(d) Because he thought it would be neat to live on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Charles Wallace with when he discovered where Mrs. Whatsit and her friends lived?
2. Despite what Mr. Jenkins the Principal says, Meg still believes her father is returning. Why?
3. Why does Meg get into a fight with a boy after school?
4. Charles Wallace and Mrs. Murry offer food to Mrs. Whatsit. She expresses a fondness for what?
5. Why does Dennys believe that Charles Wallace will have a hard time in school next year?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)