|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through Charles Wallace, readers discover that Mrs. Whatsit took something from Mrs. Buncombe. What did she take?
(c) Baking pans.
2. What is the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 wearing and doing?
(a) She's wearing a black suit and is reading a book.
(b) She's wearing sunglasses and is knitting.
(c) She's wearing a witch's costume and is sewing.
(d) She's wearing thick glasses and is sewing.
3. Who is Fortinbras?
(a) The Murry family dog.
(b) Meg's father.
(c) The mailman.
(d) The Constable.
4. What is the weather like the night Mrs. Whatsit appeared at the Murry house?
(a) Sunny and breezy.
(b) Overcast, about to rain.
(c) Rainy and hailing.
(d) Dark and stormy.
5. Where is Meg's bedroom?
(a) In the basement.
(b) She shares a room with Charles Wallace.
(c) In the attic.
(d) At the back of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Charles Wallace scared or suspicious of Mrs. Who when he meets her?
2. Why are Sandy and Dennys upset that they weren't awakened when the "tramp" was in the house?
3. When Meg first sees Mrs. Whatsit in Chapter 1, how is she dressed?
4. How old is Calvin?
5. What does Mrs. Whatsit call Mrs. Murry that "one wouldn't ordinarily think of calling Mrs. Murry?"
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)