|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompted Calvin to go to the haunted house?
(a) A compulsion that he simply needed to go there.
(b) He got lost on his way home.
(c) Someone told Calvin that he would find a treasure there.
(d) A school assignment.
2. Despite what Mr. Jenkins the Principal says, Meg still believes her father is returning. Why?
(a) Because Charles Wallace said he is coming back.
(b) Because her mother believes it.
(c) Because her father called the earlier in the week.
(d) Because the government just notified her about him.
3. What does Mrs. Whatsit say in Chapter 1 that makes Mrs. Murry's face turn white?
(a) She says that Mr. Murry is in the garden.
(b) Good intentions won't make one happy.
(c) She says there is such a thing as a tesseract.
(d) She says that the universe is made up of evil.
4. What is the weather like the night Mrs. Whatsit appeared at the Murry house?
(a) Sunny and breezy.
(b) Dark and stormy.
(c) Rainy and hailing.
(d) Overcast, about to rain.
5. Why does Meg get into a fight with a boy after school?
(a) The boy grabs her books from her.
(b) The boy makes fun of her glasses.
(c) Because he called her twin brothers normal.
(d) Because he called her little brother dumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dennys believe that Charles Wallace will have a hard time in school next year?
2. The dog growls at the lab door in Chapter 1, and Mrs. Murry goes to see who's there. When she returns, who does she bring inside?
3. After Meg, who is the next family member to enter the kitchen in Chapter 1?
4. When Meg first sees Mrs. Whatsit in Chapter 1, how is she dressed?
5. Who do Charles Wallace, Meg and Fortinbras meet at the house in the woods?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)