|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
(a) The most belligerent, uncooperative child in school.
(b) The most beautiful and brilliant child in school.
(c) The most intelligent and cooperative child in school.
(d) The most bizarre and frightening child in school.
2. Why does Dennys believe that Charles Wallace will have a hard time in school next year?
(a) Because Charles Wallace is so handsome.
(b) Because people are used to thinking he's dumb.
(c) Charles Wallace can walk but cannot talk.
(d) Charles Wallace has two names instead of one.
3. Why does Meg get into a fight with a boy after school?
(a) Because he called her twin brothers normal.
(b) Because he called her little brother dumb.
(c) The boy makes fun of her glasses.
(d) The boy grabs her books from her.
4. What is the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 wearing and doing?
(a) She's wearing sunglasses and is knitting.
(b) She's wearing a black suit and is reading a book.
(c) She's wearing a witch's costume and is sewing.
(d) She's wearing thick glasses and is sewing.
5. How could Mrs. Who's manner of speech be described?
(a) She speaks in quotes, sometimes in other languages.
(b) She lisps very heavily.
(c) She speaks in quotes then forgets what she has said.
(d) She can only speak in Shakespearan sonnet form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Whatsit call Mrs. Murry that "one wouldn't ordinarily think of calling Mrs. Murry?"
2. What prompted Calvin to go to the haunted house?
3. After Meg, who is the next family member to enter the kitchen in Chapter 1?
4. What does the individual that the children meet in the haunted house in Chapter 2 call Charles Wallace and Meg?
5. Why does Charles Wallace agree to take Fortinbras with them into the woods?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)