|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompted Calvin to go to the haunted house?
(a) Someone told Calvin that he would find a treasure there.
(b) He got lost on his way home.
(c) A compulsion that he simply needed to go there.
(d) A school assignment.
2. What does Charles Wallace offer to make in the kitchen?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
(b) Cocoa and a liverwurst-and-cream-cheese sandwich.
(d) Cheese and macaroni.
3. What does Mrs. Whatsit say in Chapter 1 that makes Mrs. Murry's face turn white?
(a) She says there is such a thing as a tesseract.
(b) Good intentions won't make one happy.
(c) She says that the universe is made up of evil.
(d) She says that Mr. Murry is in the garden.
4. How does the author describe Calvin O'Keefe when Meg and Charles Wallace first meet him?
(a) Tall and blond.
(b) Tall, with orange hair, freckles, and blue eyes.
(c) Tall, with black hair, pale skin and blue eyes.
(d) Short with black hair and blue eyes.
5. The dog growls at the lab door in Chapter 1, and Mrs. Murry goes to see who's there. When she returns, who does she bring inside?
(a) The school principal.
(b) The Tramp.
(c) Mrs. Whatsit.
(d) Mrs. Buncombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles Wallace agree to take Fortinbras with them into the woods?
2. Where is Meg's bedroom?
3. What does school principal Jenkins call Meg when he scolds her in his office?
4. When Meg first sees Mrs. Whatsit in Chapter 1, how is she dressed?
5. When Meg enters the kitchen at the beginning of the book, who is already there?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)