|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in Chapter 5, how will the group travel?
(a) In a special time-space machine.
(b) They will tesser.
(c) They will consult another group of women who can fly.
(d) They will use a combination of flying and walking.
2. What does Mrs. Whatsit give to Charles Wallace before they part ways in Chapter 6?
(a) The resilience of his childhood.
(b) A blessing and some private words of advice.
(c) A sword and a Bible.
(d) A slingshot.
3. When Calvin goes to a house to return the ball that a little boy dropped on the street, the boy's mother is reluctant to let him in because ____________________.
(a) She has nothing to offer him and his friends.
(b) Calvin is tall and scary.
(c) Calvin hasn't shown her any papers.
(d) Calvin looks like he might want to fight her son.
4. Why is Mr. Murry able to keep from being absorbed by IT?
(a) His biological makeup makes it difficult for IT to absorb.
(b) He is smarter than IT.
(c) He fools IT by dressing like the man with Red Eyes.
(d) Mr. Murry refuses and resists, which IT is unused to.
5. Along the way, Meg hears some birds who seem to be telling her something. Who translates their words for her?
(a) A strange voice in the ether.
(b) Mrs. Whatsit.
(d) Charles Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the face of the strange man who communicates with Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building look like?
2. Charles Wallace pulls Meg and Calvin aside in the CENTRAL Central Intelligence building to tell them what?
3. In Chapter 8, Charles says everything on Camazotz is in order. Why?
4. When Calvin says he's horrible in math, what does Mrs. Murry suggest he do?
5. What does the Happy Medium live in?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)