|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the kids return home in Chapter 3, what is Mrs. Murry doing in her lab?
(a) On the phone with the government.
(b) Conducting an experiment and cooking a stew.
(c) Dissecting an animal for an experiment.
(d) Heating a stew with bright red liquid.
2. Where does Charles Wallace take Meg, Calvin and Mr. Murry in Chapter 9?
(a) To a room where they meet the man with Red Eyes.
(b) To a dungeon.
(c) To a secret hiding place.
(d) To see IT.
3. How does Calvin nearly break Charles Wallace out of his spell in Chapter 9?
(a) He likens Charles to Ariel in Shakespeare's The Tempest.
(b) He punches Charles Wallace in the gut.
(c) He recites a love sonnet to Charles Wallace.
(d) He compares Charles Wallace to Jesus.
4. Why does the Happy Medium feel embarrassed when she shows Calvin's mother in her crystal ball?
(a) Because she curses between every word.
(b) Because she's messy, ugly and yells at her children.
(c) Because she's not wearing any clothing.
(d) She's so beautiful that she worries Meg will be jealous.
5. What eventually gets Meg through the object containing her father and able to get to him?
(a) The sound of Mrs. Which's voice somewhere.
(b) Mrs. Whatsit's advice to be angry.
(c) Mrs. Who's glasses.
(d) Calvin's incredible strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Happy Medium fall asleep?
2. When Calvin says he's horrible in math, what does Mrs. Murry suggest he do?
3. According to the Route Boy, what is in this most oriented city on the planet?
4. Meg asks her mother to tell her more about the tesseract in Chapter 3, but what does Mrs. Murry tell her instead?
5. What is the strange feeling that Calvin has before they go to CENTRAL Central Intelligence?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)