|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after Meg is reunited with her father in Chapter 9, what, to her horror, does she realize about him?
(a) That her father is near death.
(b) That he cannot see.
(c) That he cannot hear her.
(d) That it's not her father.
2. What does Mrs. Whatsit order Charles Wallace NOT to do while on Camazotz?
(a) To go off on his own, but always stay with Meg and Calvin.
(b) Call out for his father by name.
(c) If he wants to join the people of Camazotz, he can.
(d) If he must, he should run off on his own.
3. When Meg realizes she's hungry and hasn't had much to eat since the stew at home, what does Charles Wallace reveal about the three old ladies and their eating habits?
(a) They are herbivores and eat wildflowers only.
(b) They eat mysterious foods not known to humans.
(c) They eat but not with regular humans like them.
(d) They don't eat.
4. When Calvin goes to a house to return the ball that a little boy dropped on the street, the boy's mother is reluctant to let him in because ____________________.
(a) She has nothing to offer him and his friends.
(b) Calvin looks like he might want to fight her son.
(c) Calvin is tall and scary.
(d) Calvin hasn't shown her any papers.
5. What is Meg's first impression of Camazotz upon arriving?
(a) It looks very much like earth.
(b) It is so welcoming that she wants to stay forever.
(c) It is so eerie she cannot imagine anything living there.
(d) There's something frightening about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Murry explain that Charles Wallace may look like other people but is different?
2. Who appears after Mrs. Whatsit and Mrs. Who, proclaiming that "weee hhave mmuch ttoo ddoo?"
3. When the kids return home in Chapter 3, what is Mrs. Murry doing in her lab?
4. How does Calvin nearly break Charles Wallace out of his spell in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 3, why does Calvin say Meg is so lucky?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)