|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is IT?
(a) A brain.
(b) An ancient god.
(c) A very old woman.
(d) A robot.
2. Why does the Happy Medium fall asleep?
(a) She hasn't had sleep since the Dark Thing began.
(b) Because she's worn out from using the crystal ball.
(c) She is ill and doesn't have much energy.
(d) She didn't have breakfast.
3. What is Meg's first impression of Camazotz upon arriving?
(a) It looks very much like earth.
(b) It is so eerie she cannot imagine anything living there.
(c) There's something frightening about it.
(d) It is so welcoming that she wants to stay forever.
4. When Calvin says he's horrible in math, what does Mrs. Murry suggest he do?
(a) Get help from Meg who's a math genius.
(b) Give up math and focus on literature.
(c) Get a good math tutor.
(d) Get help from Charles Wallace who's a genius.
5. How has Mr. Murry's appearance changed when the children see him in Chapter 9?
(a) Not at all.
(b) He is skinnier than Meg and has shrunk in height.
(c) He is overweight and his head is shaved.
(d) He has long hair, a beard, and no glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the twins about Calvin more than Meg?
2. How does Mrs. Murry explain that Charles Wallace may look like other people but is different?
3. After seeing the Happy Medium's proof that the Dark Thing can be overcome, what does Charles Wallace discover about Mrs. Whatsit?
4. Soon after Meg is reunited with her father in Chapter 9, what, to her horror, does she realize about him?
5. Whose vegetable garden do Meg and Calvin walk through in Chapter 3?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)