|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many major tribes are there in Botswana?
2. What was Bessie suffering from when she was trying to forge a friendship with the American woman?
(c) Mental troubles.
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What does Bessie state was totally absent in her?
(a) Sense of history.
(c) Political fervor.
(d) Sense of belonging.
4. In "African religions," Bessie states that African religion doesn't receive value because they don't have what?
(a) Money for recruiting followers.
(b) Large congregations.
(c) Ornate houses of worship.
(d) Deity figurines to worship.
5. By the 1830's, most of the tribes of South Africa were what?
(d) Assimilated into other tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Despite broken bondage . . .," in the old days a woman was only regarded as sacred if she what?
2. Who is the main character in Bessie's first novel, "When Rain Clouds Gather"?
3. Bessie states that the system in South Africa sees blacks as not what?
4. In "God and the underdog," why does Bessie say the Klansmen make God a white man with blue eyes?
5. In Chapter 2, whose religious ideas hold great appeal for Bessie?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)