|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josef Herman, the artist who lived through the Nazi invasion of Poland, fled to what country?
(d) United States.
2. In Chapter 2, Bessie believes that God is embodied in whom?
(a) Her adoptive mother.
(b) The American woman.
(c) The children.
(d) The souls of all black Africans.
3. In Chapter 2, Bessie states that Botswana has survived by what?
(a) The grace of God.
(b) Having few whites.
(c) Lack of violence.
(d) Sheer luck.
4. In "God and the underdog," what do the Ku Klux Klan members discover when they get to heaven?
(a) They're really in hell.
(b) The gates are locked, to them.
(c) Their families are not there.
(d) God is a black woman.
5. In "African religions," Bessie states that African religion doesn't receive value because they don't have what?
(a) Ornate houses of worship.
(b) Money for recruiting followers.
(c) Large congregations.
(d) Deity figurines to worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of "didactic" works?
2. What was Bessie suffering from when she was trying to forge a friendship with the American woman?
3. In "God and the underdog," why does Bessie say the Klansmen make God a white man with blue eyes?
4. Bessie feels that the main function of a writer is to communicate what?
5. What makes people suffer according to Bessie?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)