|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "African religions," why did Bessie say that most of Asia was blanked out as barbaric in her school's geography book?
(a) They were not democratic.
(b) They were difficult to convert to Christianity.
(c) They were not considered civilized.
(d) Asia was mostly unknown, back then.
2. In "God and the underdog," what do the Ku Klux Klan members discover when they get to heaven?
(a) The gates are locked, to them.
(b) They're really in hell.
(c) Their families are not there.
(d) God is a black woman.
3. Bessie states that the system in South Africa sees blacks as not what?
4. In "African religions," Bessie states that African religion doesn't receive value because they don't have what?
(a) Large congregations.
(b) Money for recruiting followers.
(c) Deity figurines to worship.
(d) Ornate houses of worship.
5. In Chapter2, how does Bessie describe her third novel, "A Question of Power"?
(a) The most satisfying.
(b) Difficult to write.
(c) A work of excruciating detail.
(d) Intensely personal and private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bogadi marriages are arranged to retain what?
2. What does Bessie state was totally absent in her?
3. In "Notes on novels," Bessie states that wealth and privilege are dependent on what?
4. In "Notes on novels," how is pre-colonial invasion South Africa described?
5. What was the name of the conquered tribe in Botswana?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)