|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Bessie live in South Africa?
2. What is the only industry that the British used Botswana for?
(a) Timber production.
3. How many cattle died in the major drought in Botswana?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Bessie say is the root of traditional African life?
(a) Work, rest and prayer.
(b) Being at one with all things.
(c) Respecting your neighbor.
(d) The land.
5. In Chapter 2, what person made Bessie's natural hatred of the white man ebb?
(a) The American woman.
(b) Cambridge volunteer.
(c) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the great leader of Botswana that protected it's people?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Bessie state is responsible for the elimination of polygamy in Botswana?
3. According to Bessie in "African religions," what is at the root and foundation of African religion?
4. What was the name of the conquered tribe in Botswana?
5. In Chapter 2, Bessie believes that God is embodied in whom?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)