|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Boeta L revert to when no one accepts his cause?
2. According to Bessie, what do the South African blacks possess that evens out all their downfalls?
(a) Fire within.
(b) Love and warmth.
(c) Innocent simplicity.
(d) Deep respect for the culture.
3. In "The old woman," what is Bessie offered as thanks for feeding the woman?
(b) A pail of water.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A meal.
4. What did Bessie learn to hate?
(a) The social service system.
(c) The legal system.
5. What race was Bessie's mother?
6. Technologies and ideas in South Africa generally filter in from where?
(a) North Africa.
(d) United States.
7. What does Bessie think that the blacks in Cape Town believe?
(a) The rest of the world will save them.
(b) They are doomed.
(c) They shall overcome.
(d) Their culture will survive.
8. What did Bessie's father take care of?
(c) Race horses.
9. Bessie says that the African people want to develop how?
(c) With pride.
10. Who does Bessie think the Afrikaner race will one day emulate?
(a) Their ancestors.
(b) The United States southern racists.
(d) Adolph Hitler.
11. What does Bessie feel is the most important aspect to having friends in South Africa?
(a) They protect you.
(b) The connect you to the right people.
(c) They help you fight the white supremacy.
(d) They help you laugh.
12. In 1966, Bessie wrote that some people from the American State Department came to Botswana, but they couldn't talk about what?
(c) African hunger.
(d) The Afrikaners.
13. According to Bessie, the South Africans have been living in exclusive compartments for so long that they are what?
(a) An isolated people.
(c) Afraid of each other.
(d) Out of touch.
14. Bessie feels that the South African people lack what?
15. According to Bessie, Serowe consists of African people and what?
(a) Beautiful landscapes.
(d) Mud huts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the trend in Atteridgeville in 1964?
2. How does Bessie describe the Cape Town whites?
3. What does Bessie call Southern Africa?
4. What did their landlady do to Snowball despite Bessie's protests?
5. What months does it rain fiercely in Serowe?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)