|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Retrospect, Southern Africa and Beyond, 1979-1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Question of Power," Bessie states that what can lead a people or a nation into a terrible abyss of destruction?
2. In Chapter 2, Bessie states that Botswana has survived by what?
(a) The grace of God.
(b) Having few whites.
(c) Sheer luck.
(d) Lack of violence.
3. According to Bessie, the African experience of slavery, colonialism, and exploitation arouse feelings of what?
4. What happened to Snowball?
(a) His dinghy collapsed.
(b) He got into a bar fight.
(c) He got thrown into jail for being subversive.
(d) He left town.
5. What does Bessie feel is the most important aspect to having friends in South Africa?
(a) The connect you to the right people.
(b) They help you laugh.
(c) They help you fight the white supremacy.
(d) They protect you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "bogadi," in African culture?
2. In Chapter 2, what person made Bessie's natural hatred of the white man ebb?
3. Bessie says that people in Botswana lead very what lives?
4. In Chapter 3, Bessie states that a white skin was a passport to what?
5. According to Bessie, the South Africans have been living in exclusive compartments for so long that they are what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)