|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Retrospect, Southern Africa and Beyond, 1979-1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie states that "in her work" everyone has what?
(a) A right to speak.
(b) A place in her world.
(c) Their story told.
(d) Equal representation.
2. According to Bessie, the African experience of slavery, colonialism, and exploitation arouse feelings of what?
3. In "The old woman," what is Bessie offered as thanks for feeding the woman?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A pail of water.
(d) A meal.
4. According to Bessie, the South Africans have been living in exclusive compartments for so long that they are what?
(a) Out of touch.
(c) Afraid of each other.
(d) An isolated people.
5. Bessie feels that the South African blacks have a desperate longing to bring out their own what?
(d) Innate abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Bessie states that a white skin was a passport to what?
2. According to Bessie in "Despite broken bondage . . .," what do men in Botswana mostly do?
3. In "African religions," what does African religion focus on?
4. What was Bessie forbidden to do on holidays?
5. How does Bessie describe the Cape Town whites?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)