|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Retrospect, Southern Africa and Beyond, 1979-1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, does Bessie feel that exploitation and evil are dependent on?
(a) Lack of communication between oppressor and oppressed.
(b) Resigned acceptance of authority.
(c) Financial imbalance.
(d) Cultural misunderstandings.
2. According to Bessie, what had the blacks in Cape Town not made use of?
(a) Government issued cash coupons.
(b) Special travel privileges.
(d) Food coupons.
3. What does the musician, Makeba, have a passion for?
(a) Public performances.
(d) The cello.
4. What did their landlady do to Snowball despite Bessie's protests?
(a) Kicked him out.
(b) Mistreated him.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Made him clean.
5. In old African custom, what were women forbidden to handle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "God and the underdog," what do the Ku Klux Klan members discover when they get to heaven?
2. According to Bessie, revolutionary movements are composed of people living with what?
3. In "Despite broken bondage . . .," in the old days a woman was only regarded as sacred if she what?
4. Who raised Bessie?
5. What was the name of the conquered tribe in Botswana?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)