|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Notes on Novels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Village people," what kind of porridge do they have for every meal?
2. What race was Bessie's mother?
3. What writer does Bessie quote in "Social and political pressures . . ."?
(a) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
4. According to an account by Dr. W.H.C. Lichtenstein, Botswana men only do work that can be what?
(a) Dropped suddenly.
(b) Considered too important for women.
(c) Viewed as manly.
(d) Sold or traded.
5. In Serowe, what grazes the earth to a shred?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bessie, what do African people push aside?
2. Bessie says that the African people want to develop how?
3. In "Makeba music," where would Russian people caught dealing in the black market be deported to?
4. According to Bessie, the blacks of Cape Town accept hell to have what?
5. What startled Bessie in 1965?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)