|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Notes on Novels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Durban Magistrate Court tell Bessie?
(a) She was a ward of the state.
(b) She had to leave the country.
(c) Her father was a criminal.
(d) Her mother was white.
2. Bessie says that the African people want to develop how?
(a) With pride.
3. How do most black friends in South Africa meet?
(b) Family and friends.
(d) Political activism events.
4. What people did the Bushmen resemble?
(a) Black South Africans.
(b) White Afrikaners.
(c) Black Irish.
5. Bessie states that Botswana men do not care about what?
(a) Their children.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bessie born?
2. In 1966, Bessie wrote that some people from the American State Department came to Botswana, but they couldn't talk about what?
3. Bogadi marriages are arranged to retain what?
4. In "God and the underdog," why does Bessie say the Klansmen make God a white man with blue eyes?
5. According to Bessie, what do African people push aside?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)