|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Preface, Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bessie create in Botswana?
(a) A new family.
(b) A published manuscript.
(c) A large garden.
(d) Her ideal life.
2. In "Village people," Bessie states that African peace is what?
(a) Only a dream.
(b) A one-sided truce.
3. What startled Bessie in 1965?
(a) The liberation of Africa.
(b) A letter from her father.
(c) An arrest.
(d) A tsunami.
4. In Serowe, what grazes the earth to a shred?
5. What did Boeta L revert to when no one accepts his cause?
Short Answer Questions
1. What community was Bessie in in "The Isolation of Boeta L"?
2. What does Bessie call Gladys Mgudlandlu?
3. In "The woman from America," who does Bessie say are always in the majority?
4. In 1963, what did Bessie encourage her readers to do?
5. Bessie says that the African people want to develop how?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)