|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Preface, Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bessie, what had the blacks in Cape Town not made use of?
(a) Special travel privileges.
(b) Government issued cash coupons.
(d) Food coupons.
2. In "The old woman," what is Bessie offered as thanks for feeding the woman?
(a) A pail of water.
(b) A meal.
(c) A chicken.
3. Technologies and ideas in South Africa generally filter in from where?
(b) North Africa.
(d) United States.
4. Bessie feels that the South African blacks have a desperate longing to bring out their own what?
(d) Innate abilities.
5. According to Bessie, what do the South African blacks possess that evens out all their downfalls?
(a) Innocent simplicity.
(b) Love and warmth.
(c) Deep respect for the culture.
(d) Fire within.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bessie think that the blacks in Cape Town believe?
2. Who raised Bessie?
3. What did Bessie learn to hate?
4. What does Bessie feel is the most important aspect to having friends in South Africa?
5. What did Bessie create in Botswana?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)