|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Preface, Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1963, what did Bessie encourage her readers to do?
(b) Fight against the status quo.
(c) Love their neighbor.
(d) Look to God to save them.
2. In "The woman from America," what about this woman and her husband poses the biggest threat to the village people?
(a) She is a westerner and not to be trusted.
(b) He loves her and is loyal to her.
(c) They have alot of money.
(d) They may be loyal to the Afrikaners.
3. What does Bessie state that the South African blacks hoard?
(a) Little bits of things.
4. Why does Bessie believe that the artist Gladys Mgudlandlu is so successful?
(a) She is very vocal about oppression.
(b) Her art sales benefit the community.
(c) Her art subjects are all local.
(d) Her "escapism" style appeals to oppressed people.
5. Who raised Bessie?
(a) A black foster mother.
(b) Her mother's sister.
(c) Her mother's maid.
(d) Her father's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What community was Bessie in in "The Isolation of Boeta L"?
2. Bessie described her friend, Snowball, as perfectly black except for his what?
3. What did Bessie have to start doing in 1966?
4. What did Bessie learn to hate?
5. In "Letter from South Africa," what do may refugees not want to do?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)