|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Preface, Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bessie feel is the most important aspect to having friends in South Africa?
(a) They help you fight the white supremacy.
(b) They protect you.
(c) They help you laugh.
(d) The connect you to the right people.
2. In "chibuku beer and independence," who sent free beer for the independence celebration?
(a) Cape Town.
3. According to Bessie, what do the South African blacks possess that evens out all their downfalls?
(a) Innocent simplicity.
(b) Love and warmth.
(c) Deep respect for the culture.
(d) Fire within.
4. In "Sketches," how does Bessie describe Botswana?
5. What did Bessie's father take care of?
(d) Race horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bessie's biggest frustration in "An Unspeakable Crime"?
2. What race was Bessie's mother?
3. What does Bessie think that the blacks in Cape Town believe?
4. How does Bessie describe the people from the place that the American woman hails from?
5. Technologies and ideas in South Africa generally filter in from where?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)