|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Preface, Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bessie feel is the most important aspect to having friends in South Africa?
(a) They help you laugh.
(b) The connect you to the right people.
(c) They protect you.
(d) They help you fight the white supremacy.
2. In Bessie's opinion, South African refugees are generally, what?
(a) Fed up.
3. According to Bessie, Serowe consists of African people and what?
(a) Beautiful landscapes.
(b) Mud huts.
4. What was Bessie's biggest frustration in "An Unspeakable Crime"?
(a) Violence was overtaking common sense.
(b) She had no family.
(c) Blacks were just giving in to the white government.
(d) She couldn't get her stories published.
5. Who is Bessie referring to in "A Gentle People"?
(a) The missionaries.
(b) The white people of Cape Town.
(c) The children.
(d) The black people of Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Bessie?
2. What happened to Snowball?
3. According to Bessie, what had the blacks in Cape Town not made use of?
4. According to Bessie, what do African people push aside?
5. Bessie feels that the South African blacks have a desperate longing to bring out their own what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)