|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Preface, Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1966, Bessie wrote that some people from the American State Department came to Botswana, but they couldn't talk about what?
(b) The Afrikaners.
(d) African hunger.
2. Bessie says that she grew up knowing only whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her adoptive mother.
(c) Her real mother.
3. What does Snowball believe can co-exist?
(a) Christianity and Hinduism.
(b) Science and spiritualism.
(c) Blacks and whites.
(d) Western and African cultures.
4. Technologies and ideas in South Africa generally filter in from where?
(a) United States.
(d) North Africa.
5. What did their landlady do to Snowball despite Bessie's protests?
(a) Made him clean.
(b) Mistreated him.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Kicked him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bessie described her friend, Snowball, as perfectly black except for his what?
2. Why did the American woman come to Africa?
3. What did Bessie create in Botswana?
4. Bessie feels that the South African people lack what?
5. What does Bessie call Gladys Mgudlandlu?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)