Quiz: Chapter 1, Beginnings, South Africa, 1937-1964
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What additional information did the social worker tell Bessie?
a) Her mother was dying.
b) Her parents wanted her to leave the country.
c) Her mother was insane.
d) Her mother wanted nothing to do with her.
2. What was Bessie forbidden to do on holidays?
a) Visit her adoptive mother.
c) Practice cultural customs.
d) Visit friends.
3. According to Bessie, what had the blacks in Cape Town not made use of?
a) Special travel privileges.
b) Government issued cash coupons.
d) Food coupons.
4. What did Bessie's father take care of?
a) Race horses.
5. What did their landlady do to...
This section contains 264 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)