|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Exile, Botswana, 1964-1979, Essays.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bessie have to start doing in 1966?
(a) Report regularly to the police.
(b) Get her manuscript censored.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Take medication.
2. In "African religions," what does African religion focus on?
(a) Mutual cooperation.
3. In "God and the underdog," why does Bessie say the Klansmen make God a white man with blue eyes?
(a) They're arrogant and think God must resemble them.
(b) They don't really understand God's teachings.
(c) They have no imagination.
(d) The white people are the most alienated from God.
4. In "Makeba music," Bessie states that she believes in what?
(a) The contents of the human heart.
5. What does the musician, Makeba, have a passion for?
(a) The cello.
(d) Public performances.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bessie, what do the South African blacks possess that evens out all their downfalls?
2. According to Bessie, the blacks of Cape Town accept hell to have what?
3. Why did the American woman come to Africa?
4. Who does Bessie think the Afrikaner race will one day emulate?
5. Who is Bessie referring to in "A Gentle People"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)