1. Bessie Head was born in what year?
2. Where was Bessie born?
(a) Medical hospital.
(b) Her mother's home.
(c) In a mental hospital.
(d) The horse stables.
3. What race was Bessie's mother?
4. What race was Bessie's father?
5. Bessie says that she grew up knowing only whom?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her adoptive mother.
(d) Her real mother.
6. What did Bessie's father take care of?
(b) Race horses.
7. Who raised Bessie?
(a) A black foster mother.
(b) Her mother's sister.
(c) Her father's parents.
(d) Her mother's maid.
8. Where was Bessie sent at age 13?
(a) Missionary orphanage.
(b) United States.
(d) Her grandparents home.
9. What was Bessie forbidden to do on holidays?
(b) Visit her adoptive mother.
(c) Practice cultural customs.
(d) Visit friends.
10. What did the Durban Magistrate Court tell Bessie?
(a) She had to leave the country.
(b) Her father was a criminal.
(c) Her mother was white.
(d) She was a ward of the state.
This section contains 3,657 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)